News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Urges

Started by Dave, October 13, 2017, 09:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Does anyone else get strange urges? At strange times of dsy.

2130 in the evening and I get an unignorable urge to break open the jar of pickled cucumber, shallot rings and carrot sticks I made a couple of weeks ago!

I did not want ice cream with it so I can''t be pregnant.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on October 13, 2017, 09:32:58 PM
Does anyone else get strange urges? At strange times of dsy.

I get strange urges at strange times of the day, but I don't think I should share such personal things with everyone, here.  :notsure:

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

When in an elevator I get the urge to press all the buttons just before I get off. Yeah.  :sidesmile:

(I don't do that anymore, though. I swear I don't! :grin:).
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

I often resist the urge to plow the idiots that cut me off into the retaining wall.

Magdalena

Oh! Those type or urges... :thoughtful:

I think I mention before that I get the urge to eat cauliflower, or coconut, sometimes. Lately, I've had the urge to eat cucumbers, pepper, and ginger. (Not together).

~I know, weird.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on October 14, 2017, 03:55:45 AM

I think I mention before that I get the urge to eat cauliflower, or coconut, sometimes. Lately, I've had the urge to eat cucumbers, pepper, and ginger. (Not together).

Why not together? Sounds interesting . . .

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on October 14, 2017, 05:55:07 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 14, 2017, 03:55:45 AM

Why not together? Sounds interesting . . .
Now that you mention it, it does, doesn't it?  :eyebrow:

Essie Mae

Ginger with anything is good. Well savoury anyway.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

xSilverPhinx

Right now I'm craving a nice, juicy BBQ for lunch. :yum: This is odd because this hardly ever happens. 

I mean, just look at this image!

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 14, 2017, 10:02:49 AM
Ginger with anything is good. Well savoury anyway.

Ginger goes with sweet as well, mashed banana, molasses sugar and ginger sarnie anyone? Toast it under the grill and serve with ice cream!

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 14, 2017, 04:07:02 PM
Right now I'm craving a nice, juicy BBQ for lunch. :yum: This is odd because this hardly ever happens. 

Yeuk! Sorry, don't go for BBQ sauce at all. Nor sweet-and-sour dishes or fruit in curries or ham "Hawiai style"..  :snooty:

Now, marinade in chilli and garlic then grill - yum!

Magdalena

^^
I'm not crazy about BBQ either.  :(

Guardian85

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 14, 2017, 04:07:02 PM

Fuck! Now I'm hungry again.  >:(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ecurb Noselrub

My entire life is made up of urges.  There is a little air traffic controller in my head who sorts them all out. Sometimes they crash.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on October 14, 2017, 06:16:42 PM
Yeuk! Sorry, don't go for BBQ sauce at all. Nor sweet-and-sour dishes or fruit in curries or ham "Hawiai style"..  :snooty:

Now, marinade in chilli and garlic then grill - yum!

That's why it's an odd craving, I hardly ever want BBQ.  :scratch:

It has passed now, though.

(I like BBQ sauce, and whenever I order a sandwich from Subway I always choose that sauce! :yum: )