News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Whats up With Democrats?

Started by SisterAgatha, September 25, 2017, 04:25:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SisterAgatha

I was really disappointed at last years election, yet at some level Im greatly surprised by it.

I think the democrats go a bit too far sometimes, but let's face it people. Of the two main political parties it is only the democrats who do anything to substantially try to help the disabled, the disadvantaged, promote inclusion for people of different races and creeds and the struggling middle class, and even in those areas I don't feel they go nearly far enough.

The Republicans are almost the complete opposite. Sure they grip the "social issues" card to their chest and talk about how holy they are, but honestly I suspect at times that many if not nearly all Republican politicians in America don't give a fiddler's fart about poor people. They seem to think that the world is best if everyone is in it for themselves. If you can't keep up well tough luck!

That's why I can't stand Republicans (in spite of their pro-life jibber jabber) and why Im astounded why Hillary lost.

My mother told it to me quite simple when I was a girl and started asking about politics. She told me "Republicans don't care about poor people. Democrats do." A rather simplistic yet at the same time quite truthful statement in some ways.

I was reading Time Magazine the other day and it claims the Democrats are in a heap of trouble!

http://time.com/4951191/divided-democratic-party-debates-its-future/

I certainly want the democratic party to have a future! Are you aware that JFK is the only Catholic president our country has had and he was a Democrat ::).

I honestly think the main problem is Hillary played up her passion for helping minorities at the expense of just poor people in general. Its no crime to be white or a Christian, yet Hillary and many higher ups feel that the non-minority populations either aren't important or aren't consequential to help. Well they are wrong!

The more I look at Hillary's somewhat dissapointing campaign the more I think really the Democratic party is in some ways a means for rich white people to alleviate their guilt. They can alleviate their "white guilt" by supporting equal rights for gays and transvestites,  give token applause to Black lives matter, and be against any further wars of choice, all without having their tax dollars raised in a significant way to accomplish it.

Do any of you have any thoughts on how the democrats can succeed?

No one

They could take a very long walk, off of a very short pier!

Icarus

I dearly hope that Sister Agatha is a real person, not a sock puppet or other imposter.
She (*he") may very well be able to contribute in a meaningful way to our forum conversations.

Sandra Craft

I put most of the blame on purists who refused to vote for the lesser evil and, even more, those too lazy to vote at all (which was nearly half the country).

I think Bill Maher nailed this one:

On the subject of sock puppets, I really miss the Queen.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

I think that Hillary lost due to various reasons, for example:
- a lackluster campaign
- not listening to the advice of Bernie Sander's crew (arrogant)
- focusing in her campaign on not being Trump, instead of convincing people why she would have been the better choice
- she is not a likable person and many people didn't trust her
- DNC election "rigging" made it look like that she couldn't win without cheating
- terrible foreign policies (like changing Libya into a failed state)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein