News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2018, 12:19:13 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 20, 2018, 08:00:38 PM
Just reached a sentence in a book, ". . . children whose voices could penetrate armour plate . . ."

My new downstairs neighbour has his kid visiting (fourth neighbour in twelve years in this block of four flatlets who is part of a broken family), her voice easily penetrates the four inches of concrete and cement between us!

Kids rule the audiosphere. It is known.

I have come to an amicable agreement with my new neighbour, when I thump on the floor at 11pm he tries to moderate his laughter and voice level!

However, I would not complain about the shrieks and giggles when the kid is there, they need quality time together. And it always goes quiet from about 9pm anyway when she visits.

Some idiots in cars with audio systems that have more output power than the engine also tend to try to dominate the audiosphere! We have one across the road unfortunately. Plays "Techno" (I think that's was it's called), repetitive thumping stuff that sounds wholly, but poorly, computer generated.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on January 21, 2018, 12:49:31 PM
Some idiots in cars with audio systems that have more output power than the engine also tend to try to dominate the audiosphere! We have one across the road unfortunately. Plays "Techno" (I think that's was it's called), repetitive thumping stuff that sounds wholly, but poorly, computer generated.

:grin:

It could be worse, Dave! Ever heard of Dubstep?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2018, 01:13:18 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 21, 2018, 12:49:31 PM

:grin:

It could be worse, Dave! Ever heard of Dubstep?

It's not far off that, just a bit more basey. Flat out volume, all car doors open whilst he and his mates smoke, drink and shout at each other (they have to). Sorry, no chuckles there!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on January 21, 2018, 01:30:43 PM
It's not far off that, just a bit more basey. Flat out volume, all car doors open whilst he and his mates smoke, drink and shout at each other (they have to). Sorry, no chuckles there!

:snicker: I love deep basey music. The kind that you feel rattles your bones. It gets the adrenaline pumping. :popcorn:

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2018, 01:34:24 PM

:snicker: I love deep basey music. The kind that you feel rattles your bones. It gets the adrenaline pumping. :popcorn:

Sorry to be the boring old fart, but it just gets my blood pressure pumping!  :rant1:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on January 21, 2018, 02:04:57 PM

Sorry to be the boring old fart, but it just gets my blood pressure pumping!  :rant1:

It seems...you are allergic to most forms of music. :P

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 21, 2018, 02:24:02 PM
Quote from: Dave on January 21, 2018, 02:04:57 PM

It seems...you are allergic to most forms of music. :P

Not allergic, I grew up in a family were "music" consisted solely of father listening to "Sing Something Simple" or "The Black and White Minstrel Show" on the radio. No noise was allowed when father was reading or watching TV. Most of the time I was either outside or reading or making something.

Then I joined the RAF and music was not allowed in barracks unless all willingly agreed to it. I just never got to appreciate mudic as a constsnt companion. Looking at my miserly CD collection (all 10 of them) it is mainly classics and folk - Richard Straus, Hoost, Verdi, Dvorak, Vaughan Williams, a local "classical" composer (Robert Bruce), Stephane Grappelli Celtic Classics, The Bucket Band . . . Think I have lost a few somewhere, sure I had more folk and jazz.

But, judging by the dust on top of them, they have not been played in years! Rather listen to "speech radio" when working, and silence when reading. Hate loud noises, voices, music, radio, cars, motorbikes etc strongly. Only time I appreciated it was in a Leicester Square cinema for an esrly plsying of "2001: a Space Odessey" with the Straus "World Theme" belting out with enough power to get your diaphragm resonating!

Dave

xSilverPhinx

No one

People who circle the gym parking lot to find the closest spot, only to come in the gym and do 10 miles on the treadmill.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on January 25, 2018, 10:27:49 PM
People who circle the gym parking lot to find the closest spot, only to come in the gym and do 10 miles on the treadmill.

Who says "people" have to make sense? :lol:

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 26, 2018, 07:17:23 PM

Seen that before. True anarchy is drinking your tea black and weak - like them pesky Frog's do!  At least one spoonful per cup in the pot and stew it for at least five minutes. Teabags? Them's just the dust and floor sweepings from proper tea them is!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on January 26, 2018, 08:27:29 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 26, 2018, 07:17:23 PM

Seen that before. True anarchy is drinking your tea black and weak - like them pesky Frog's do!  At least one spoonful per cup in the pot and stew it for at least five minutes. Teabags? Them's just the dust and floor sweepings from proper tea them is!

Ugh the image's gone. :bigspecs:

:(