News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

What does music do for you?

Started by Dave, September 02, 2017, 07:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonia

Ok Hermes, tomorrow, I shall take your hand as you lead me me down your path towards musical bliss. I will be at home cleaning all day and this just adds another level of excitement to my free day! Ill let you know how it goes  ;)
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

hermes2015

Quote from: Dragonia on September 08, 2017, 03:19:09 AM
Ok Hermes, tomorrow, I shall take your hand as you lead me me down your path towards musical bliss. I will be at home cleaning all day and this just adds another level of excitement to my free day! Ill let you know how it goes  ;)

You have such a silken tongue! I hope you enjoy it. A link: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=pini+di+roma+respighi
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on September 07, 2017, 01:39:30 PM
Music also resonates deep within my body and my psyche. Big boisterous operas like Carmina Burana, turned up loud, evoke my feelings of medieval royalty.....

:lol:

I think that sometimes it's best not to know what the lyrics translate to:

:P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Anyone have playlists for different moods?  ;D

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 10, 2017, 11:38:52 PM
Quote from: Dragonia on September 07, 2017, 01:39:30 PM
Music also resonates deep within my body and my psyche. Big boisterous operas like Carmina Burana, turned up loud, evoke my feelings of medieval royalty.....

:lol:

I think that sometimes it's best not to know what the lyrics translate to:

:P

Thanks, that's useful. If anyone wants a PDF with the words of the complete Carmina Burana, let me know. The recording conducted by Eugen Jochum in the 1960s that was endorsed by Carl Orff is the benchmark and still sounds amazingly good, even on modern equipment.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 11, 2017, 12:13:28 AM
Anyone have playlists for different moods?  ;D

I have all kinds of playlists. Here's a few from my google music account:

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on September 11, 2017, 03:58:58 PM

Very impressive, "Huricane" Davin:smilenod:
I remember when you posted this one a long time ago, I think it's a feel good song:  :dance1:
I can see why it's under, "addicted."  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Is that the "Drink the Sea" cover I see in your Programming playlist?  ;D

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on September 11, 2017, 07:09:25 PM

https://i.imgur.com/vpTe08f.png
Very impressive, "Huricane" Davin:smilenod:
I remember when you posted this one a long time ago, I think it's a feel good song:  :dance1:
I can see why it's under, "addicted."  :)

Yeah, I really like that one. My Addicted playlist is all the songs that I can listen to no matter how many times I listen to them.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 11, 2017, 09:29:27 PM

Is that the "Drink the Sea" cover I see in your Programming playlist?  ;D
Oh yeah, I like the Glitch Mob. But I only started listening to them after I got the Tron: Legacy Reconfigured soundtrack. That album, well both Tron: Legacy soundtracks are in my programming list. I don't always listen to it when programming, but when I need a little help concentrating, that playlist helps.

Icarus

Check this one out if you have time. It grabs me pretty good because the musicians are so well coordinated.....Old standard tune....hope you like it.; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEPQp3Bn4hM

xSilverPhinx

Listening to music while tabulating data makes the process less tiresome. 

Davin

Quote from: Icarus on September 16, 2017, 01:29:04 AM
Check this one out if you have time. It grabs me pretty good because the musicians are so well coordinated.....Old standard tune....hope you like it.; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEPQp3Bn4hM
That reminded me of the music from Super Mario Bros. 2 (US)

Ecurb Noselrub

After an especially stressful day at work, listening to AC/DC at full volume can bring me back to normal as quick as a double shot of Bourbon.  It sort of acts like electro-convulsive therapy. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 18, 2017, 04:57:49 PM
After an especially stressful day at work, listening to AC/DC at full volume can bring me back to normal as quick as a double shot of Bourbon.  It sort of acts like electro-convulsive therapy.

Why is it that I'm remembering that scene from the awful movie Suicide Squad?

What's your 'normal', I wonder? ;)

But yeah, some loud music can be extremely cathartic.