News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Is it me of is it friggin Facebook?

Started by Dave, August 19, 2017, 08:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

For a couple of reasons I decided to have another go at Facebook.

Got through the fIrst bit OK, got a five digit number by email and entered that. Got a six digit "confirmation" number as a text.

Then another email asking me to confirm and iffering a button. Hit it, all I get are pages of people I am invited to request as fruends, no-one I know.

No friggin place to enter the friggin texted "confirmation" number and it keeps saying I can't be connected. Just more pages of people. Selected sux at random, no improvement.

Seem to remember similar problems years ago. Must be me, millions of others seem to manage it.

But where do I stick the "confirmation" number if I am not offered a place?

:grrr:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Seem to have got into it but it dies not exactly seem intuitive, enter something on your "life line" and it takes several hits to get back to add something else. Not exactly user friendly.

Still, it is not a social service but simply another way to make money for the share holders.

Grump.

Sandra Craft

If you have to ask "is it me or is it FB?", it's Facebook.  But as annoying as it can be, for me it's the best way of keeping in touch with most of my friends and family, who are scattered all over the country and, in some cases, the world.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 19, 2017, 10:18:09 PM
If you have to ask "is it me or is it FB?", it's Facebook.  But as annoying as it can be, for me it's the best way of keeping in touch with most of my friends and family, who are scattered all over the country and, in some cases, the world.

I am somewhat relieved! But as someone who has spent half a career trying to design intuitive systems I wonder about the intelligence of the designers. Or are they just malicious?

They have obviously never beard of KISS!

Sandra Craft

I would be betting on malicious.  Or bored and looking for people to screw with.  Which is probably the same as malicious.
Sandy

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 19, 2017, 10:51:03 PM
I would be betting on malicious.  Or bored and looking for people to screw with.  Which is probably the same as malicious.

Competing with Microshit?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on August 20, 2017, 05:32:19 AM

A hidden competition -- that's an intriguing thought.
Sandy

Arturo

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 20, 2017, 05:57:56 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on August 20, 2017, 05:32:19 AM

A hidden competition -- that's an intriguing thought.

Next you will be talking about lizard people and the illuminati
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱