News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

HAF Photo Challenge: Attraction(s)

Started by Recusant, August 22, 2017, 12:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Here's a theme to provoke some thought, and I hope some fine images: Attraction(s)

The most obvious subjects would be places or things that people flock to. Things like amusement parks, museums, famous buildings or public art, and so forth. I put the 's' in parentheses to avoid limiting the theme. So equally valid subjects would be things that people (or the photographer personally) find attractive or are attracted by, which opens it up to remote places of natural beauty, or delicious food, or whatever else. I'd just as soon not have NSFW images. I don't object to them personally though and if you insist, I'll accept something along those lines and put it behind a spoiler tag.  :)

Entries may be submitted for at least two weeks, and up to four photos can be submitted. I'll make an effort to bump this thread during that time and then give a few days' warning when the deadline approaches. Enjoy!  ;D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Wow, that is going to be an interesting and psychologically revealing challenge!
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

. . . And another. I'll have to think about closing entries soon.  :(
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

The greatest attraction near me is a walmart. Or the woods. Or a swamp.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

:popcorn: Can't wait to see the kind of stuff those who are participating are attracted to!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: Arturo on September 09, 2017, 08:11:12 PM

I'm a materialist, so Walmart works for me.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hermes2015 on September 10, 2017, 05:13:57 AM
Quote from: Arturo on September 09, 2017, 08:11:12 PM

I'm a materialist, so Walmart works for me.

I vote swamp.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Arturo

Wait. I have an attraction. Let me upload it somewhere.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

IMO the city I live in is not a touristy one, people flock to soccer stadiums but I personally don't see the appeal. There are two small towns (Gramado and Canela) that are very interesting places, and their chocolate is among the best. :yum:

hermes2015

Quote from: Arturo on September 11, 2017, 11:31:34 AM
Wait. I have an attraction. Let me upload it somewhere.

Can't wait to see it!
― Charles Eames

Dave

Can't get to town and can't find my archive pictures of Gloucester's "attractions". Think I stupidly did not transfer themnoff a CD which has now degraded to just a shiny plastic disc.

Know someone who transfered all his sci-fi videos to CDs via his PC, then gave the VHS tapes to a charity shop. He fid not know thst the CDs eould degrade after a few years. Last seen he was spending lots of money on high capacity archive harddrives!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on September 11, 2017, 05:45:11 PM
Can't get to town and can't find my archive pictures of Gloucester's "attractions". Think I stupidly did not transfer themnoff a CD which has now degraded to just a shiny plastic disc.

Know someone who transfered all his sci-fi videos to CDs via his PC, then gave the VHS tapes to a charity shop. He fid not know thst the CDs eould degrade after a few years. Last seen he was spending lots of money on high capacity archive harddrives!

What a shame. In the spirit of Marcel Duchamp you could submit a photo of the "blank" CD. I think that would make a very poignant image.
― Charles Eames