News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Michele Bachman Has a New Job

Started by Recusant, August 20, 2017, 07:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

Sure, why not?

"Michele Bachmann Named 'Pastor To The United Nations'"

QuoteFormer congresswoman Michele Bachmann says her new ministry to the U.N. is "a vital part of preparing the world for the End Times."

Right Wing Watch reports the former Republican congresswoman discussed her new ministry to the U.N. last weekend at right-wing pastor Jim Garlow's Skyline Church.

Claiming that "the return of Jesus Christ is imminent," and noting that "the clock is striking 11:59 on God's time clock and as history is culminating in as read in Revelation," Bachmann explained the supposed importance of her new mission:

QuoteI believe that God is starting a new thing, and because the time is short before Christ comes again to this earth, He is giving everyone one more chance.

There was an attempt in the book of Genesis for all of the nations to come together and to raise a fist against God in pride and arrogance. It was called the Tower of Babel, and God dispersed the people at the Tower of Babel. Never again did all the nations of the earth come together until the League of Nations, under President Woodrow Wilson. That broke up, it didn't work and then we have World War II and the U.N. was started and it's been an organization that has had a lot of negative repercussions because it is not under a holy authority of a mighty God and there's been vain imaginations of a fist again against an almighty God.

Previously, Michele Bachmann served as part of President Trump's Evangelical Advisory Board, providing "support" to Trump on "issues important to Evangelicals and other people of faith in America."

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

jumbojak

I never knew such a posting existed. Good for her. Maybe she can get the UN to send subsidies to her farm.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

I don't think it's anything more than Bachman and a mega-church making a grab for publicity. Garlow has been pushing for more church (read: right-wing evangelist) involvement in government for some time, and Bachman is apparently representing his Skyline Church, but her 'ministry' is not sanctioned officially by the US government. I question whether she will actually have anything to do with the UN other than praying for it to be hit by lightning. She won't be representing a government or government body, so won't have any credentials that they would recognize, as far as I know.

Quote from: Michele Bachman"I don't know a darker, more deceived place on earth than the U.N.," she said. "Because as we saw at the Tower of Babel, that's probably the last time when we saw all the nations of the earth come together in a moment of deception ... Their goal has been from the very beginning, the creation of a one-world order; but not a one-world order under the umbrella of the Holy Spirit, a man's attempt at a one-world order that only brings about chaos, confusion, deception, delusion, pain. And that's where, rather than cursing the darkness, Skyline Church is about to light a candle."

[source]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

Poor Ms. Bachman is facing a stern task. She will presume to Christianize those UN delegates who practice Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, and miscellaneous other non Christian individuals. Maybe Sarah Palin will volunteer to help her.

jumbojak

Hang on, this is just a self claimed position? I thought someone had actually appointed her to a real post based on the title of the article.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

It struck me as a bit strange that an international, and therefore mixed belief, including none at all, , diplomatic body should appoint a "pastor", or any kind of "chaplain", from a single faith system. Especially one as rabid as American evangelicalism tends to be. It causes enough trouble in the UK when a local council appoints a wimpy Anglican chaplain.

It does sounds like a case of, "I will save them despite their own sinful wishes." Typical arrogance.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

Quote from: jumbojak on August 21, 2017, 01:38:49 AM
Hang on, this is just a self claimed position? I thought someone had actually appointed her to a real post based on the title of the article.

I agree the piece in patheos is short on actual information and long on :haironfire:. With the reference to Bachman being part of the 'Evangelical Advisory Board,' the author more or less implies that this is another of Trump's brilliant ideas. Reading the Right Wing Watch articles though, it appears that the asshat Garlow created the 'ministry' and asked Bachman to carry it out. I should have used them as my source, rather than patheos.
— H. L. Mencken

Firebird

Quote from: Recusant on August 21, 2017, 09:40:49 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 21, 2017, 01:38:49 AM

I agree the piece in patheos is short on actual information and long on :haironfire:. With the reference to Bachman being part of the 'Evangelical Advisory Board,' the author more or less implies that this is another of Trump's brilliant ideas. Reading the Right Wing Watch articles though, it appears that the asshat Garlow created the 'ministry' and asked Bachman to carry it out. I should have used them as my source, rather than patheos.
Yeah, it does sound self-claimed, but it's not obvious from the story. Took me a couple of readings to get that
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Icarus

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on August 22, 2017, 09:47:51 PM
Michelle has voices in her head?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbdYh4qSwuY

For a second I read that as, "Michelle has voids in her head? "
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74