News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Chester Bennington, Lead Singer Of Linkin Park

Started by xSilverPhinx, July 21, 2017, 08:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I was a teenager when Hybrid Theory came out and Linkin Park was launched into international stardom. While IMO the band became more mainstream as time passed and interested me less, that's definitely an album that resonated with me when I was feeling that teenage angst. 

Apparently another suicide; Chester Bennington was found dead yesterday.  :'(

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/20/entertainment/chester-bennington-dead/index.html
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Not a fan, but still sad to see. Apparently he and Chris Cornell were friends, so I wonder how much that affected him. Tragic.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Pasta Chick

This has me feeling all sorts of feelings. Obviously it's horrible and sad from the get go. I also remember Linkin Park getting big when I was in high school, although everyone I knew at that time considered them a shitty numetal band for posers. I'm kind of surprised to see the number of my peers that are torn up about this. Part of me is happy that they had connected and taken solace or inspiration from an artist, but part of me is very worried for them (and all fans). Depression and specifically suicide are huge theme in LP's lyrics. For their frontrunner to fall may have serious repercussions.

Of course being suicidal himself it's likely Chester knew that. I can't imagine that pressure helped his mental state. We need to be doing so much more for mental health. That's a clusterfuck of a position to be in.