News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags,

Thought I would introduce you to "Chuck the Monk".

Chuck, a very curious cat, is a confused brain scientist who becomes a Zen monk.

Looking everywhere for answers, he finds none!

He sort of an amalgamation of some of our HAF members don't you think? (By the way can you use the word amalgamate when referring to people?)

Have a Blessed Day! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

^^^
Cats are cute, I like cats.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags,

How U doing?

So like, I saw this picture and I thought it was really cute, but not sure I can get on board with every item on the agenda.

• Golden Girls Reboot? Never was a big fan, I mean it was cute and sorta funny, my mom loved it, butt I'm not sure we need to reboot it.
  • 2001 Brittany Spears? No please, I don't want to relive that again, just please let that lie peacefully and undisturbed.

• Mandatory Brunch? Never a big fan of brunch either, I mean why can't we simply eat a late breakfast or an early lunch? Why does it have to be turned into a brunch, which I have to say are always boring. Boring food, boring tableware, boring people...yuck
  • Stricter Punishment for Sandal/Sock violators. Now this one here I am all for, and would love to sit on the advisory or punishment board for this, but I have to say I'm a bit confused that this is included in the "Gay Agenda" as the biggest violators I personally know are both lesbians, so we may be targeting the wrong folks with this one. ( I would also included a ban and strict punishment for anyone wearing flip-flops outside of a shower of pool area.

Anyway that's it for now, I'm just taking a late lunch today and probably should get back to work as I'm a bit behind this week. By the way Mags, are you in any way related to Ted Cruz? 8)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 12, 2017, 08:00:07 PM
Hey Mags,

How U doing?
:computerwave:
Hi, Father, I'm OK.  :grin:

Golden Girls Reboot?  :asmo:
2001 Brittany Spears? :asmo:
Mandatory Brunch? :asmo:
Stricter Punishment for Sandal/Sock violators. :asmo:

By the way Mags, are you in any way related to Ted Cruz?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on September 13, 2017, 06:23:40 AM
Hey Mags,

How U doing?
:computerwave:
Hi, Father, I'm OK.  :grin:

Golden Girls Reboot?  :asmo:
2001 Brittany Spears? :asmo:
Mandatory Brunch? :asmo:
Stricter Punishment for Sandal/Sock violators. :asmo:

By the way Mags, are you in any way related to Ted Cruz?
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

So I'm going to ass-u-me you are a sandal/sock type person Mags based on your dislike of the proposed punishment for those wearing such an atrocity? I'm sadden to hear this... :-[

And based on the gif I'll take that as a no for any relation to the Ted Cruz's... 8) That's good news!

Next week I'm taking a trip down to Tennessee to visit an old army buddy, he lives just outside of Chattanooga...it's a beautiful area and I'm spent a lot of time down in that neck of the woods over the years, either staying with him and his family or close by hiking and camping in the Smokies...I love it there, in fact I've often thought of moving to TN.; actually besides Michigan it's the only other place I would want to move to other than Honduras.

I could fly since it's about a 10 hour drive with minimal stopping along the way, but it will be nice to spend the time alone driving down there with just myself and a load of CD's for company.

Going to spend a couple days with my friend and his wife at their home. They have a wonderful, small and comfy cabin nestled in among the hills, surrounded by trees and a small creek. It's not unusual when hiking just around his property to find an arrow-head on the ground.

They have a nice vegetable garden, some chickens, and his mom lives just over the hill and is the worlds greatest baker of apple pies and homemade vanilla ice cream. When my friend and I were stationed together down at Ft. Benning in Georgia she used to send him back to the base with a pie just for me, and when I would visit with my friend for a weekend of R&R she would always have a couple a couple pies fresh out of the oven waiting for us (She also makes killer rhubarb pie).

After spending a few days in TN him and I are heading down to FT. Benning for an Army/Ranger Reunion...can't wait to see some of my old friends, haven't seen most of these guys since the day I was discharge, some even longer.

Anyway after a couple days down at Benning we'll head back to TN for a day or so and then I'll head back to Michigan, hopefully my time spent with old friends and cherished and memorable locations will recharge my spirit and soul some as I feel winter here is fast approaching.

So I'll probably be out of touch for a while, truth is I'm going to try and disconnect from the e-world as much as possible during the week I'm gone.
Smokies are a magical place, old you know...the mountains out west are beautiful, but the Smokies are old, and have wisdom and secrets you can sometimes tease out if you spend enough time in them.

I want to feel the smooth cold stones of the creek against my feet again, and sit at night by a fire of hickory, speaking softly with my friend and listening to ancient stories,... and in the morning just before the sun rises go out amongst the trees and listen for the whispered rattle of leaves as the mist wraps it's cold embrace around their edges, and squat down on the trail and dig my fingers into the dirt, look up and see the last remnants of the stars in the sky before they disappear, and maybe, just maybe hear the voices of those who came before us guiding me one more time out of the gloom and into the sunlight.

I can't wait... :)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on September 13, 2017, 02:08:22 PM
So I'm going to ass-u-me you are a sandal/sock type person Mags based on your dislike of the proposed punishment for those wearing such an atrocity? I'm sadden to hear this... :-[
Father Bruno, you ass-u-me wrong. I am not a sandal/sock type person. It's just that fighting it is like fighting the NRA...almost impossible. Sandal/sock wearing people are gonna fight for their right to wear them.  :fingertap:

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

And based on the gif I'll take that as a no for any relation to the Ted Cruz's... 8) That's good news!
Me, related to Ted Cruz...

Please!

Next week I'm taking a trip down to Tennessee to visit an old army buddy, he lives just outside of Chattanooga...it's a beautiful area and I'm spent a lot of time down in that neck of the woods over the years, either staying with him and his family or close by hiking and camping in the Smokies...I love it there, in fact I've often thought of moving to TN.; actually besides Michigan it's the only other place I would want to move to other than Honduras.

I could fly since it's about a 10 hour drive with minimal stopping along the way, but it will be nice to spend the time alone driving down there with just myself and a load of CD's for company.

Going to spend a couple days with my friend and his wife at their home. They have a wonderful, small and comfy cabin nestled in among the hills, surrounded by trees and a small creek. It's not unusual when hiking just around his property to find an arrow-head on the ground.

They have a nice vegetable garden, some chickens, and his mom lives just over the hill and is the worlds greatest baker of apple pies and homemade vanilla ice cream. When my friend and I were stationed together down at Ft. Benning in Georgia she used to send him back to the base with a pie just for me, and when I would visit with my friend for a weekend of R&R she would always have a couple a couple pies fresh out of the oven waiting for us (She also makes killer rhubarb pie).

After spending a few days in TN him and I are heading down to FT. Benning for an Army/Ranger Reunion...can't wait to see some of my old friends, haven't seen most of these guys since the day I was discharge, some even longer.

Anyway after a couple days down at Benning we'll head back to TN for a day or so and then I'll head back to Michigan, hopefully my time spent with old friends and cherished and memorable locations will recharge my spirit and soul some as I feel winter here is fast approaching.

So I'll probably be out of touch for a while, truth is I'm going to try and disconnect from the e-world as much as possible during the week I'm gone.
Smokies are a magical place, old you know...the mountains out west are beautiful, but the Smokies are old, and have wisdom and secrets you can sometimes tease out if you spend enough time in them.

I want to feel the smooth cold stones of the creek against my feet again, and sit at night by a fire of hickory, speaking softly with my friend and listening to ancient stories,... and in the morning just before the sun rises go out amongst the trees and listen for the whispered rattle of leaves as the mist wraps it's cold embrace around their edges, and squat down on the trail and dig my fingers into the dirt, look up and see the last remnants of the stars in the sky before they disappear, and maybe, just maybe hear the voices of those who came before us guiding me one more time out of the gloom and into the sunlight.

Tennessee...Sounds wonderful!  :tellmemore:
Have a great time, I'll miss you, but I know you'll be back with lots of pictures.  :frolic:

Great! Now I have that country song stuck in my mind again, "Tennessee Whiskey."   :grrr:

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on September 13, 2017, 04:31:23 PM
[...]After spending a few days in TN him and I are heading down to FT. Benning for an Army/Ranger Reunion...can't wait to see some of my old friends, haven't seen most of these guys since the day I was discharge, some even longer.

Anyway after a couple days down at Benning we'll head back to TN for a day or so and then I'll head back to Michigan, hopefully my time spent with old friends and cherished and memorable locations will recharge my spirit and soul some as I feel winter here is fast approaching.[...]
Have a great time, I'll miss you, but I know you'll be back with lots of pictures.  :frolic:

Great! Now I have that country song stuck in my mind again, "Tennessee Whiskey."   :grrr:

It reminds me of this song from a while ago:
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on September 13, 2017, 04:59:47 PM
[...]After spending a few days in TN him and I are heading down to FT. Benning for an Army/Ranger Reunion...can't wait to see some of my old friends, haven't seen most of these guys since the day I was discharge, some even longer.

Anyway after a couple days down at Benning we'll head back to TN for a day or so and then I'll head back to Michigan, hopefully my time spent with old friends and cherished and memorable locations will recharge my spirit and soul some as I feel winter here is fast approaching.[...]

:dance1:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on September 13, 2017, 05:28:47 PM
Quote from: Davin on September 13, 2017, 04:59:47 PM

:dance1:

Those are nice, but you have to include "Congregation" by the "Foo Fighters" which was recorded in Nashville, this line is cool with regards to mid-town Nashville, "The voice upon the stage ~ Is the heart inside a cage ~ And they're singing like a bluebird in the round."

Playing songs about Tennessee you also have to include, "Nashville Woman's Blues" by "Bessie Smith", she sings, Folks down there they drinks a lots of booze ~ You can suggest what you choose ~ I have got those Nashville women's blues"

This is my favorite.

Or how about "Wanda Jackson" singing "Tears at the Grand Ole Opry"

"This old heart can't believe that you're gone from sight ~ There'll be no more joy and songs for me you were the only one ~ And there'll be tears at the Grand Ole Opry tonight"

Magdalena

^^^
:secrets1: If you're going to Chattanooga, don't forget the 1941 song, "Chattanooga Choo Choo."

xSilverPhinx

Stricter Punishment for Sandal/Sock violators. Now this one here I am all for, and would love to sit on the advisory or punishment board for this, but I have to say I'm a bit confused that this is included in the "Gay Agenda" as the biggest violators I personally know are both lesbians, so we may be targeting the wrong folks with this one. ( I would also included a ban and strict punishment for anyone wearing flip-flops outside of a shower of pool area.

Ahem. I think wearing sandals without socks is not the most comfortable experience, all that fine dirt seems to get in there like iron to a magnet, all you have to do is walk outside and who knows what you'll be bringing between your toes inside your house.  ::)

I only wear the sock/flip-flop combo when I'm in my jammies though, never wear flip-flops outside even though they are a big thing in Brazil. In fact, when I went to NY a few years back I saw a Havaianas flip-flop and sandal store, it seems to be spreading! :devil:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 14, 2017, 03:09:36 AM
Stricter Punishment for Sandal/Sock violators. Now this one here I am all for, and would love to sit on the advisory or punishment board for this, but I have to say I'm a bit confused that this is included in the "Gay Agenda" as the biggest violators I personally know are both lesbians, so we may be targeting the wrong folks with this one. ( I would also included a ban and strict punishment for anyone wearing flip-flops outside of a shower of pool area.

Ahem. I think wearing sandals without socks is not the most comfortable experience, all that fine dirt seems to get in there like iron to a magnet, all you have to do is walk outside and who knows what you'll be bringing inside your house between your toes.  ::)

I only wear the sock/flip-flop combo when I'm in my jammies though, never wear flip-flops outside even though they are a big thing in Brazil. In fact, when I went to NY a few years back I saw a Havaianas flip-flop and sandal store, it seems to be spreading! :devil:

Don't you guys have this too?

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on September 14, 2017, 03:22:15 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 14, 2017, 03:09:36 AM

Ahem. I think wearing sandals without socks is not the most comfortable experience, all that fine dirt seems to get in there like iron to a magnet, all you have to do is walk outside and who knows what you'll be bringing inside your house between your toes.  ::)

Don't you guys have this too?

Never saw one in my life.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Icarus

I say once again that you have some writing talent Bruno.  Keep it up.  I suspect that you are, secretly, a romanticist.  That is good.

This old world needs less of NK,  Opioid epidemic, KKK, youth gangs, racism, and such.

We could use   softly stated descriptions of earthly beauty to better advantage......sigh....if only more people would read, think,...take the road less traveled......discover Joyce Kilmer, Robert Frost, Brahms....and embrace the pleasing gifts of this earth before it is too late.

Fixed quotes - xSPx