Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on September 15, 2017, 06:15:11 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on September 13, 2017, 02:08:22 PM
Smokies are a magical place, old you know...the mountains out west are beautiful, but the Smokies are old, and have wisdom and secrets you can sometimes tease out if you spend enough time in them.

I want to feel the smooth cold stones of the creek against my feet again, and sit at night by a fire of hickory, speaking softly with my friend and listening to ancient stories,... and in the morning just before the sun rises go out amongst the trees and listen for the whispered rattle of leaves as the mist wraps it's cold embrace around their edges, and squat down on the trail and dig my fingers into the dirt, look up and see the last remnants of the stars in the sky before they disappear, and maybe, just maybe hear the voices of those who came before us guiding me one more time out of the gloom and into the sunlight.

I can't wait... :)

I say once again that you have some writing talent Bruno.  Keep it up.  I suspect that you are, secretly, a romanticist.  That is good.

This old world needs less of NK,  Opioid epidemic, KKK, youth gangs, racism, and such.

We could use   softly stated descriptions of earthly beauty to better advantage......sigh....if only more people would read, think,...take the road less traveled......discover Joyce Kilmer, Robert Frost, Brahms....and embrace the pleasing gifts of this earth before it is too late.

You're a sweet man Icarus and thank you for your kind words. If we ever meet I owe you a hug, and then maybe we can sit together in a park somewhere drinking coffee's, perhaps enjoying a late afternoon sunshine, over a game of chess, chatting quietly together while the rest of the world spins crazily out of control around us.

(I don't know if you like coffee icarus, but you seem like the kind of person who enjoys a good game of chess :))

Fixed quotes - xSPx
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

What?

Fixed quotes - xSPx
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Icarus

Reply to Bruno: Yes I have played a bit of chess. Never became good at it but find it thoroughly stimulating. 

Never became good at the calculus either but also find it thoroughly stimulating. 

More stimulating would be to have a tete- a- tete with you...... also quiet individual conversations with quite a few of our other HAFers.  I revere this place because I am associating with my intellectual betters much of the time.

I do claim dibs on the advantage of learning by experience....I have had an unusually long life with which to learn, form tentative opinions, and take both pleasures and lumps.

Icarus

I almost forgot. This is the Hey Mags thread.  If you are out there Magdalena, you are one of the ones that I would find fascinating as a conversationalist. ....only if your husband will allow it.  :teadrink:

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on September 17, 2017, 11:28:11 PM
I almost forgot. This is the Hey Mags thread.  If you are out there Magdalena, you are one of the ones that I would find fascinating as a conversationalist. ....only if your husband will allow it.  :teadrink:

My dear, Icarus...:teadrink:
You are also one of the ones that I would find fascinating as a conversationalist.
Quote from: Icarus on September 17, 2017, 11:28:11 PM
....only if your husband will allow it.
"Allow it." :snicker:
That's such an old fashion word.

We've been together for 15.5 years, we're not "legally" married, so I haven't promised to "obey" him...yet. I respect him because I want to, not because he, god, or the court will punish me if I don't.  :smileshake:

Icarus

Mags is a cool chick with style and class and a helluva' talent for posting appropriate pix, cartoons, or vids.  We are waaaay different but that is a large part of the value of attentive and introspective  conversations.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on September 18, 2017, 02:59:39 AM
Mags is a cool chick with style and class and a helluva' talent for posting appropriate pix, cartoons, or vids.  We are waaaay different but that is a large part of the value of attentive and introspective  conversations.
Icarus, give me some of whatever it is that you're drinking right now.
~I know it's not tea.  :teadrink:

:grin:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on September 18, 2017, 03:03:28 AM
Quote from: Icarus on September 18, 2017, 02:59:39 AM
Icarus, give me some of whatever it is that you're drinking right now.
~I know it's not tea.  :teadrink:

Energy drink? :notsure:

Or maybe I'm just projecting what I'm craving right now. :P

Icarus

Appleton is a brand of Jamaican rum. That distillery has changed the name of its booze to J. Wray. In either case it is an acceptable though not spectacular libation.  I might have had a wee dram of that stuff when I said that Mags is cool. 

I have not had anything to drink today other than water and I reiterate that Mags is cool. I will add the proviso: but not when she is angry.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on September 18, 2017, 10:15:19 PM
... I might have had a wee dram of that stuff when I said that Mags is cool. 
I knew it!!!!  :lol:
How did I know?
~Mags is a cool witch.  ;)
...and an angry witch sometimes.  :grin: