News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Hey Mags!!

Started by Biggus Dickus, June 27, 2017, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 28, 2017, 03:06:56 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on August 27, 2017, 06:05:01 AM
I've been thinking about doing this :chin: ...this re-gifting of anger. :eyebrow:

Does it work?

No it doesn't work, remember...  "One must not have anger. Anger is the mind-killer. Anger is the little-death that brings total obliteration. You have to face your anger, and permit it to pass over you and through you. And when it has gone past turn your inner eye to see its path. Where the anger has gone there will be nothing. Only you will remain."

bene-gesseri

I don't know, Father Bruno...I still find re-gifting anger a fascinating idea.

I've been doing this with anger....

...But I'm tired of it.  :fingertap:
There's just so much anger in this world.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Expressing anger doesn't make it go away.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I think it's a complex issue, but in essence I agree with Arturo.

The anger you see in the world, it's not something you can control, is it? Rationally thinking, what good would it do to others and to yourself to feel angry over something you can't control?

Emotions are contagious, as you very well know. Especially among people who share a degree of empathy. If you were to regift the anger you feel and if it doesn't help you feel less angry, how would you isolate those closest to you from your emotions? Is it worth it?

I'm not suggesting you seal your anger and let it simmer inside, but I think one should first take a step back and look at the situation, try to cool down and try to redirect the anger to something that does not trigger frustration or negative feelings. Build a mental shield.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Personally I ruminate on it for awhile, then I concentrate on something that puts me in a better mood and focus on only that. I repeat that once a day. It numbs the negative feelings.

There is also the idea that people are stupid and always do stupid things. And when I reach the point of being okay with that, I'm...well...okay lol
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

xSilverPhinx

^ Whatever you do, don't give up your sense of humour. ;D :lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Buy a "Dammit Doll" and bash it around when you are angry.  Then put it up and go on your way.  Nobody gets hurt.

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 29, 2017, 12:59:46 PM
^ Whatever you do, don't give up your sense of humour. ;D :lol:
OK.
:grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 29, 2017, 06:07:04 PM
Buy a "Dammit Doll" and bash it around when you are angry.  Then put it up and go on your way.  Nobody gets hurt.
I googled, "Dammit Doll" video...

:secrets1: Ecurb Noselrub, I'm glad to see that you're OK.  :hug2:

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Ecurb Noselrub

All we got was rain and some refugees.  I've made my Red Cross donation to my Texas brothers and sisters in Houston.  How sad I am for them and their city.  It's a vibrant town, or was.  Hope it recovers.

Biggus Dickus

Hey Mags.

I had some papusas for lunch today, and thought of you...they were only so so, but the horchata I had was pretty good. (Street truck)

Now I have a taste for tamales....

Maybe on Friday I'll go get some, and not the skinny Mexican ones, but the big, fat Central American types wrapped in banana leaves.

'Fucking A"!

Love this truck's sign!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

^^^
"...Or Carlos..."  :lol:

:secrets1: If you're gonna eat the big, fat Central American tamales wrapped in banana leaves, please be careful with the chicken bone.  :shifty:
A lot of people hate that.
I love it.  :yum: