News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Chuck Berry dead at 90

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, March 18, 2017, 10:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Biggus Dickus

Rest in Peace Chuck, your lyrics and music are legendary.

I don't like saying bad things about the recent departed, but Chuck gets a lot of credit for the birth of rock n' roll, and I'm not sure I agree with that assessment, I mean obviously Mary McFly deserves some recognition as well.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 19, 2017, 12:43:29 AM

I don't like saying bad things about the recent departed, but Chuck gets a lot of credit for the birth of rock n' roll, and I'm not sure I agree with that assessment, I mean obviously Mary McFly deserves some recognition as well.

Hah!

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 19, 2017, 03:04:37 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on March 19, 2017, 12:43:29 AM

Hah!

That should have read "Marty McFly"!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

I bow and pay homage

Are you ready for the next band?
The greatest rock'n roll band in the world,
The Rolling Stones, The Rolling Stones!

Thanks Chuck
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Rift Zone

=(

I dug into my Media Monkey and broke out his "Reelin' and Rockin' - The very best of"...     Been paying proper homage as his work fills the background, considering the novelty of how much of the music of my age was influenced by it.   RIP Chuck Berry!  Thanks for the mark you left in your wake.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan