News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Woman deported to SINGAPORE FROM UK

Started by Lark, March 01, 2017, 04:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lark

Seems a srange decision to me  lacking common sense and compassion.  Just 'sticking to rules'  which do not look appropriate in this case.
Do you think public opinion could help this unfortunate family ?

Tank

Quote from: Lark on March 01, 2017, 04:50:15 PM
Seems a srange decision to me  lacking common sense and compassion.  Just 'sticking to rules'  which do not look appropriate in this case.
Do you think public opinion could help this unfortunate family ?
Do you have a link to the story?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

"Woman deported from UK despite being married to Briton for 27 years" | The Guardian

QuoteA woman living in the UK who has been married to a British man for 27 years has been forcibly removed from the country.

Irene Clennell, who made headlines when she was placed in immigration detention, was deported to Singapore on Sunday.

Clennell first arrived in London in 1988 and married John, a British man, two years later. They settled in County Durham and had two children together. She now has one grandchild.

Her sister-in-law Angela confirmed Clennell had been deported. She said she had been subject to "insensitive and unfair government rules" and that Irene's husband, her brother, was seriously ill.

[Continues . . .]

The story mentions that over £8,000 had been raised for her legal expenses on a gofundme page devoted to her cause, now over £50,000, so I guess public support has been a help.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

The £50,000 target has just been met.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

No one

It appears fucktardism is fucktardism the world over.

Tom62

And 40 year old refugee "children", who threw away their passports, can enter the country without any problem.
No wonder that people vote for UKIP
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein