News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Many Clouds

Started by Lark, February 03, 2017, 02:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lark

April 2007 - JAN 28th 2017 One of the greats.

"Hemmings hails 'great pal' Many Clouds"

QuoteMany Clouds ended his life as Britain's leading chaser having produced a career-best performance in defeating Thistlecrack at Cheltenham on Saturday.

Many Clouds collapsed shortly after fighting back on the run-in to land the BetBright Trial Cotswold Chase by a head and could not be saved. A post mortem showed he died after suffering an internal bleed.

"Many Clouds has given me and all those people that followed him a lot of great moments and you have to remember him for all those great moments," [Trevor Hemmings, his owner] said. "When you lose a horse that good there is a sadness, not only in yourself but all those people that are acquainted with him.

"He will be sadly missed but I would rather remember him for all the successes because he became a great pal. I live in the Isle of Man and he's always had his holidays here. I used to go and pat him on the nose every day along with his other two friends Hedgehunter and Ballabriggs.

"He used to go in the paddock with them and so the day after we lost him I went to the paddock to lean on the fence and patted the other two on the nose, which was my way of saying to them 'Sorry, we've lost your friend'".

Many Clouds with other National heroes Hedgehunter and Ballabriggs
Picture: Michael Meagher

Pasta Chick

:'(

Horse racing is a mess

Dave

Quote from: Pasta Chick on February 03, 2017, 04:40:06 PM
:'(

Horse racing is a mess

What is left behind certainly is!

Sport of kings - and hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of losers who are addicted to betting, who lose their homes, families, jobs. Even their lives.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74