News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Deeper into the Trump Abyss.

Started by Dave, January 30, 2017, 07:22:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/29/nations-hit-by-trump-travel-ban-have-produced-7-percent-of-muslim-terrorists-zero-fatalities/
QuoteNot a single person has died in any of the attacks perpetrated in the United States by terrorists from the seven blocked countries since 2001.

If any Trump supporters wanted to look it up, the data is out there. So if these are not countries from which terrorists who have hurt us have come from, why then didn't he ban the countries where terrorists who have hurt us came from? Well, this image might help.

QuoteMigration freeze countries in red, and, in yellow, countries where Donald Trump has done business or pursued potential deals (Bloomberg)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslim-countries-donald-trump-immigration-ban-temporary-freeze-us-entry-visa-syria-libya-yemen-iran-a7549061.html
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Yeah, 15 of the 19 9/11 terrorists, who actually did damage by killing 3000 people and destroying billions of dollars of property, came from Saudi Arabia.  No ban there, of course, since Trump does business.  All the terrorist acts together against American citizens don't equal what the Saudi citizens did on 9/11. And let's not forget that attack was orchestrated by a Saudi, Mr. Bin Laden.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 30, 2017, 05:18:26 PM
Yeah, 15 of the 19 9/11 terrorists, who actually did damage by killing 3000 people and destroying billions of dollars of property, came from Saudi Arabia.  No ban there, of course, since Trump does business.  All the terrorist acts together against American citizens don't equal what the Saudi citizens did on 9/11. And let's not forget that attack was orchestrated by a Saudi, Mr. Bin Laden.

Not that it matters his father was a Yemeni. After living a rather Western younger lifestyle, he became obsessed about how he felt that Saudi Arabia, the land of Muhammad,  was being contaminated by the West with the conivance of the royal family. Thus he was anti the royal family.

Arturo

I just received an email from Uber saying that the following. Or tl;dr they are putting money to fight the immigration ban because their drivers are also immigrants.

QuoteAt Uber we've always believed in standing up for what's right. Today we need your help supporting drivers who may be impacted by President Trump's new immigration ban.

Drivers who are citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen and live in the US but have left the country, will not be able to return for 90 days. This means they won't be able to earn money and support their families during this period.

It's important that as a community we do everything we can to help these drivers. Here's what Uber will do:
•      Provide 24/7 legal support for drivers who are trying to get back into the country. Our lawyers and immigration experts will be on call 24/7 to help.
•     Compensate drivers for their lost earnings. This will help them support their families and put food on the table while they are banned from the US.
•     Urge the government to reinstate the right of US residents to travel—whatever their country of origin—immediately.
•      Create a $3 million legal defense fund to help drivers with immigration and translation services.
If you are a driver or a friend or family member of someone who has been affected, please contact us here.

Uber is a community. We're here to support each other. Please help Uber to help drivers who may be affected by this unjust and wrong immigration ban.
Travis
Uber Founder & CEO
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Firebird

Quote from: Apathy on January 30, 2017, 09:09:25 PM
I just received an email from Uber saying that the following. Or tl;dr they are putting money to fight the immigration ban because their drivers are also immigrants.

QuoteAt Uber we've always believed in standing up for what's right. Today we need your help supporting drivers who may be impacted by President Trump's new immigration ban.

Drivers who are citizens of Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria or Yemen and live in the US but have left the country, will not be able to return for 90 days. This means they won't be able to earn money and support their families during this period.

It's important that as a community we do everything we can to help these drivers. Here's what Uber will do:
•      Provide 24/7 legal support for drivers who are trying to get back into the country. Our lawyers and immigration experts will be on call 24/7 to help.
•     Compensate drivers for their lost earnings. This will help them support their families and put food on the table while they are banned from the US.
•     Urge the government to reinstate the right of US residents to travel—whatever their country of origin—immediately.
•      Create a $3 million legal defense fund to help drivers with immigration and translation services.
If you are a driver or a friend or family member of someone who has been affected, please contact us here.

Uber is a community. We're here to support each other. Please help Uber to help drivers who may be affected by this unjust and wrong immigration ban.
Travis
Uber Founder & CEO

Yeah, but they're also advertising on Breitbart and refuse to stop despite being called out on it multiple times.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Arturo

Quote from: Firebird on January 30, 2017, 10:48:00 PM
Quote from: Apathy on January 30, 2017, 09:09:25 PM

Quote...

Yeah, but they're also advertising on Breitbart and refuse to stop despite being called out on it multiple times.

I don't know details but maybe it's a good thing we have support on both sides of the fence against Trump.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Donald Trump is a threat to the European Union, EU Parliament chief Brexit negotiator Guy Verhofstadt says

QuoteGuy Verhofstadt made the comment at a speech in London on Monday afternoon, warning that the union was facing a three-pronged attack from outside forces.

Two of the forces were Russia's Vladimir Putin and radical Islamism, he said, which were trying to undermine the EU project. But he added: "I have just come back from US and my view is that we have a third front that is undermining the EU ... and that is Donald Trump."

MadBomr101

It's no longer a question of IF Trump will be impeached, it's a matter of WHEN and how much more damage will he be allowed to do before action is taken against him.
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Arturo

Quote from: MadBomr101 on January 31, 2017, 08:03:51 PM
It's no longer a question of IF Trump will be impeached, it's a matter of WHEN and how much more damage will he be allowed to do before action is taken against him.
:this:

He is getting heat from all sides, even Republicans.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

It wouldn't surprise me if these people would vote for President Dumpster Fire again.  :headshake:

"Family of Syrians Deported From Philadelphia Voted for Donald Trump"

QuoteA Pennsylvania family fighting to have their relatives return to the United States after they were detained at Philadelphia International Airport and sent back overseas under the immigration order told "NBC Nightly News" that they voted for Donald Trump.

"I understand he wants to make America safe," Sarmad Assali said. "We're all on with this. I definitely want to be in a safe place. But people need us and we need to be there for them."

[Continues]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

Quote from: Recusant on January 31, 2017, 11:27:10 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if these people would vote for President Dumpster Fire again.  :headshake:

"Family of Syrians Deported From Philadelphia Voted for Donald Trump"

QuoteA Pennsylvania family fighting to have their relatives return to the United States after they were detained at Philadelphia International Airport and sent back overseas under the immigration order told "NBC Nightly News" that they voted for Donald Trump.

"I understand he wants to make America safe," Sarmad Assali said. "We're all on with this. I definitely want to be in a safe place. But people need us and we need to be there for them."

[Continues]

Yeah, while I was shoveling my Aunt's driveway I was thinking if he does get impeached, he might run again. And might win again.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

It's difficult for me to feel any sympathy for that. They voted for that, and they got it.

Also, something like this sucks massively:
Quote[...]His mother, a permanent U.S. resident, had lived in America since 1995. But when Hager got to the airport in Iraq, she was turned away, and so were two of his nephews and a niece, because of Trump's executive order. She died the following day.

source

Plus that 5 year old...
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Davin's source leads to a nice, concise, set of problems the Dumpsrer faces - of his own making:

QuoteTo Russia With Treason
There is far too much smoke to believe there isn't a fire in the area of dubious dealings between Vladimir Putin and Trump's inner circle. [...]

QuoteBusiness Conflict of Interest
President Trump thinks he won by not putting his business interests in a blind trust but, in [not ?] doing so, may have sowed the seeds of his downfall. [...]

QuoteHis Ill-Advised War With The Media
President Trump has spent his whole life experiencing media coverage from the vantage point of being a celebrity. If People Magazine or Vanity Fair was going to print something he didn't like he could easily bully or cajole them into backing down. He never had to worry about the harsh and brutal truth seeing the light of day. [...]

Davin

Quote from: Davin on February 01, 2017, 08:47:13 PM
It's difficult for me to feel any sympathy for that. They voted for that, and they got it.

Also, something like this sucks massively:
Quote[...]His mother, a permanent U.S. resident, had lived in America since 1995. But when Hager got to the airport in Iraq, she was turned away, and so were two of his nephews and a niece, because of Trump's executive order. She died the following day.

source

Plus that 5 year old...
Looks like the article I linked is misleading. She did die, but the circumstances around her death are not clear nor confirmed.