News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Carrie Fisher Dies at 60

Started by Pasta Chick, December 27, 2016, 07:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

Tank

It was only last week that she was interviewed on the Graham Norton show.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Firebird

:(

Always respected how open she was about her struggles with bipolar disorder. If only more people were as honest and forthcoming.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Asmodean

Another in a long line of famous deaths this year. YHWH must be REALLY bored...

Not trying to be mean, by the way, so... Platitudes.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dave

Yeah, this made me so sad at her compariticely young age, even consideting her drink and drugs problems. When I saw her in the last SW film I thought she looked just as attractive as my more youthful self viewed her all those years ago in the first film.

And, though he was 96, we have also lost Richard Adams, author of "Watership Down" and "Plague Dogs".

As others have said 2016 is going out as the shittiest year I can remember.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Bwahaha... From CNET:

QuoteOne of my favorite memories of Fisher is the time a twenty-something hipster came up to her at one of her Comic-Con signings and demanded she write something unique and personal on a photo of Fisher dressed in her iconic Slave Leia metal bikini. She winked and wrote, "Bite me."
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Pasta Chick

I would like to state for the record, per her request, that Fisher died bathed in moonlight, strangled by her own bra.

philosoraptor

I'll admit, this one hit me hard. I was never a huge fan of Star Wars, but I am bipolar and I always admired Fisher for her openness about her struggle with the disorder and her constant advocacy for destigmatizing mental illness. She was loud, crass, and opinionated, and I loved that about her. It's very sad to see someone like her go at such a young age.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

xSilverPhinx

Wanna see an idiot make a total fool of himself?  ::)

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: philosoraptor on December 28, 2016, 02:06:02 PM
I'll admit, this one hit me hard. I was never a huge fan of Star Wars, but I am bipolar and I always admired Fisher for her openness about her struggle with the disorder and her constant advocacy for destigmatizing mental illness. She was loud, crass, and opinionated, and I loved that about her. It's very sad to see someone like her go at such a young age.

Yeah I as well have bipolar and the manic anger is what gets me the most. I've also lived too long with someone who has the same illness. It's a very difficult illness to live with, inside and out. Things that seem to be in your way can easily piss you off. But it's not like a normal anger, it's like a happy anger, but what you feel and what you show is pure anger.

I guess when you are so upset all the time you turn to drugs and stuff to curb the edge. I don't blame her for being abusive to her body, it's just too sad to see her go so early.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.