News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinion

Started by Pasta Chick, December 21, 2016, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

I usually listen to what my present receiver talks about, things they say they like, or things they show interest in. Then I get them something of that sort. Like my Dad has been talking about how he doesn't know if his ex wife/gf has a smart tv because the remote isn't the one that came with it. And he wanted to take his old dvd player with him over there. So what I did was get him a DVD/Blu Ray Player with apps on it. Didn't cost me a whole lot either. $60 brand new on amazon. Cost me a whole months worth of gas money but I got it.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on December 25, 2016, 03:59:31 PM
All the shops are decked with glitter and many resound to musack, all to get us in the mood to spend as much as possible.
:chin: I can't remember where I heard a man say...that if they didn't sell a lot on His birthday, they can always hope to sell a lot more on His death.

:shrug:
It's true: Christmas and Easter.

:felix:
Very sad.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 22, 2016, 05:32:50 PM
Ketchup (and katsup) are criminally disgusting and ruin anything they touch.

This. Above. Very true. Catsup shouldn't even be listed as a condiment or food, i mean what they've done to one of the loveliest of all fruits should be considered a sin. Or blasphemy. Just the smell of it makes me nauseous.

I don't watch sports, seriously hardly ever do I watch a game of any kind. I think last year I watched about one quarter of the MSU vs UM football game, and that was it.

It's been a problem or issue for me at some jobs, I mean people already think I'm weird, or a bit strange. Guys find out i didn't watch the big game the night before and they act like they caught me cross-dressing. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

I would listen to the sports stations on my way into work, or read the scores and highlights in the paper so I could converse intelligently (That's ironic right?) about the game(s).

Now I don't give a fuck.

Anyway, I don't watch sports. Boring stuff most of the time. Not even the Super Bowl.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on March 29, 2017, 06:26:54 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 22, 2016, 05:32:50 PM
Ketchup (and katsup) are criminally disgusting and ruin anything they touch.

This. Above. Very true. Catsup shouldn't even be listed as a condiment or food, i mean what they've done to one of the loveliest of all fruits should be considered a sin. Or blasphemy. Just the smell of it makes me nauseous.

I don't watch sports, seriously hardly ever do I watch a game of any kind. I think last year I watched about one quarter of the MSU vs UM football game, and that was it.

It's been a problem or issue for me at some jobs, I mean people already think I'm weird, or a bit strange. Guys find out i didn't watch the big game the night before and they act like they caught me cross-dressing. (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

I would listen to the sports stations on my way into work, or read the scores and highlights in the paper so I could converse intelligently (That's ironic right?) about the game(s).

Now I don't give a fuck.

Anyway, I don't watch sports. Boring stuff most of the time. Not even the Super Bowl.
Agree with you about sports, especially on TV and in pubs. It was one of the prime reasons I stopped watching TV back in '04 (that and endless soaps, gsrdening, cooking, unreality shows, stupid quizzes . . .) It has ruined a couple of decent pubs round here. Other pubs turned gastro but that is not as bad, I'd swap sports for food anytime!

But, on ketchup I have to disagree, buy a decent brand, especially one mixed with Worcestershire sauce on otherwise blandish food. Hmmm! For me it even enhances fried or grilled bacon, used sparingly. Hmmmmm, hmmmmm!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

I use catsup on fries and meatloaf, but that's about it.  Maybe on black-eyed peas, if I eat them on New Years.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I'm the type of person who eats ketchup with some food, not food with ketchup.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

I also am a sport hater, and I find the NFL particularly gross.

I tried getting in to baseball in 2000-whatever,  and that was pretty fun for a while. Then they actually won the World Series with Johnny Damon. And then immediately sold him to the Yankees. While all the fans are screaming about team loyalty and keying each others cars over decals... So yeah, fuck that noise.

Arturo

Ketchup is good with fries. You know what it's not good with? Tacos. I swear to god white kids would eat tacos with fucking ketchup in high school.

Also don't like most sports. Sometimes I will watch a fight if I remember but that's because fighting has always been apart of my life so I like to see people carry on the sport.

As for unpopular opinions I have, this may be more unpopular with me more than anyone else mainly because I associate it with being hurt. I think everyone has a good motive for things they do. Even if they are mean or they eat ketchup on their tacos. The taco eater just likes ketchup, so they eat the taco with ketchup. That's a good idea if you like ketchup. Mean people, especially on the internet, are mean cuz they are trying to push people away before they get hurt. They are just trying to defend themselves and there is something noble about that.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

I am at least mildly annoyed, sometimes  irritated, when people add an illegal adjective to time intervals.  "Twelve Long years, "eighteen short weeks", "A full month of waiting", etc.....Time does not have moods, lineal measurement, or volume.

Arturo

I just read this:

"Funny how if you see something that is not there you are crazy, but if you don't see something that is there you are stupid or blind. To the crazy person others are stupid and blind. To the stupid and blind person others are crazy."
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Here's what I've found to be a fairly unpopular opinion among my fellow Americans...I don't like John Wayne. Don't think he was a very good actor, most of his movies sucked, and he was a racist, homophobic ass of epic proportions.

Here's an excerpt from an interview he gave in 1971 to Playboy Magazine.

QuoteWith a lot of blacks, there's quite a bit of resentment along with their dissent, and possibly rightfully so. But we can't all of a sudden get down on our knees and turn everything over to the leadership of the blacks. I believe in white supremacy until the blacks are educated to a point of responsibility. I don't believe in giving authority and positions of leadership and judgment to irresponsible people.

And here answering a question regarding Native Americans, the roles they were forced to portray in his movies and if he had any empathy for them.
QuoteI don't feel we did wrong in taking this great country away from them, if that's what you're asking. Our so-called stealing of this country from them was just a matter of survival. There were great numbers of people who needed new land, and the Indians were selfishly trying to keep it for themselves.

Here is part of his response to a question of the quality of movies being made around the time of the interview and how he felt films at the time were being perverted.
QuoteOh, Easy Rider, Midnight Cowboy—that kind of thing. Wouldn't you say that the wonderful love of those two men in Midnight Cowboy, a story about two fags, qualifies? But don't get me wrong. As far as a man and a woman is concerned, I'm awfully happy there's a thing called sex. It's an extra something God gave us.

Just because a bad actor is in war movies portraying heroes on screen doesn't make him one in real life.

But here in "Merica it's "Guns, God, and John Fucking Wayne."

Icarus

Bruno he was also a despicable ass hole in the movie True Grit.  He could shoot pretty good for a one eyed guy.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Icarus on March 31, 2017, 11:18:10 PM
Bruno he was also a despicable ass hole in the movie True Grit.  He could shoot pretty good for a one eyed guy.

True Icarus, he was actually pretty good in that movie. I was probably being a bit hard on his acting ability, but I just get annoyed with the hero worship from some folks.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 01, 2017, 03:05:47 AM
Quote from: Icarus on March 31, 2017, 11:18:10 PM

True Icarus, he was actually pretty good in that movie. I was probably being a bit hard on his acting ability, but I just get annoyed with the hero worship from some folks.

Not to derail with John Wayne, but did you see the movie "Trumbo"?  Wayne is only a minor character but I thought they did a very even-handed job depicting him.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany