News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinion

Started by Pasta Chick, December 21, 2016, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

That song makes me laugh purely because when i was in school a bunch of people took it and made the most ridiculous, slow motion, glammed up, over dramatic, keytar-featuring music video ever.

Dave

This is probably not the opinion of many but
FACEBOOK IS CRAP!

After only four days of being interupted or distracted by messages and notifications (despite the fact that I said "no notifications") and music popping up and . . . I have had enough and uninstalled the app.

I will stick to forums that do not intrude on my life unless invited to. That means all youse guys have an open invite because I trust you will not abuse it.

(Anti) social media is just not for me.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

That is actually a very popular opinion
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

hermes2015

I thought I was the only one who refused to use Facebook.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

I have a FB account that I closed down about 10 years ago. I don't seem to be able to restart it. The rules have changed so that one has to use one's name, and I can't get past the login screen. No loss, but I do have people who do use it, and it might be easier to stay in touch. Guess I'll have to install Skype on my cell, or something.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Fireball on August 23, 2017, 11:53:57 PM
I have a FB account that I closed down about 10 years ago. I don't seem to be able to restart it. The rules have changed so that one has to use one's name, and I can't get past the login screen. No loss, but I do have people who do use it, and it might be easier to stay in touch. Guess I'll have to install Skype on my cell, or something.

That's about when I was on Facebook, between 8-10 years ago. Originally signed up for it while I was setting up my son with an his own account. At first I really enjoyed it, especially being able to connect with old friends and acquaintances from years past, but I grew tired of it quick, just not for me. I completely deleted my account, wiped out everything. #FuckZuckerberg! 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Just deleted my account.

Need something between a forum and Fuckbook. Maybe where each person is the equivalent if being a "topic" so you can have a permanent screen of close friends and "Clubs" for specific subjects, a directory searchable on location, interests or whatever.

No pages and pages of potential "friends", no email notifications unless specifically asked for, no intrusive music . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

I heard Fuckbook was a website at one point...
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 22, 2017, 05:46:07 PM
Not sure if this will be an unpopular opinion here at HAF, but please no more Bonnie Tyler singing "Total Fucking Eclipse of the Heart"...I detested the song in the 80's, and yesterday's resurgence due to the eclipse with her and this song are making me gag.
I like the literal version. I'll link it for other people, but you won't like it.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on August 25, 2017, 03:44:29 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on August 22, 2017, 05:46:07 PM
Not sure if this will be an unpopular opinion here at HAF, but please no more Bonnie Tyler singing "Total Fucking Eclipse of the Heart"...I detested the song in the 80's, and yesterday's resurgence due to the eclipse with her and this song are making me gag.
I like the literal version. I'll link it for other people, but you won't like it.

That was good Davin, I especially like the part towards the middle when they are pulling the tablecloth off the table and complaining that the dishes didn't stay put...but, big butt here, this video to me is the epitome of the what was wrong with music and videos in the 80's. I mean the song is bad enough, but this video just exacerbates it even worse.

Video may have killed the radio star, but horrible videos like this one killed MTV!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Literally anything I say is an unpopular opinion.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dragonia

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 26, 2017, 03:05:07 AM
Quote from: Davin on August 25, 2017, 03:44:29 PM

:rofl: Good thing I'm not drinking anything!
Oh god! This was a fantastic remake! I sat here and laughed and snorted the whole way through.
Could the 80s have gotten ANY cheesier than this video?
WTF is up with the literal "bright eyes"? WTF is up with the diapered students and dancing ninjas? WTF is up with the floating fabric everywhere?
My favorite line: "What the effing crap, that angel guy just felt me up"
LOVE this song  :rofl:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)