News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Boris Johnson

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, July 14, 2016, 05:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

England's Donald Trump, BoJo, is the Foreign Minister now.  What is happening in the world?

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 14, 2016, 05:38:17 AM
England's Donald Trump, BoJo, is the Foreign Minister now.  What is happening in the world?
It's a master stroke! He's a quintessential English eccentric. You wait till he gets to Washington. You just wait!  :rofl:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

I'm cringing in embarrassment for Britain already!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

Quote from: Gloucester on July 14, 2016, 06:42:07 AM
I'm cringing in embarrassment for Britain already!
That's the point! He's so tactless he can say anything and people won't know whether to take him seriously or not. And he's likeable at the 'buffoon' level.

Either that or Mrs May said something like this to him. 'Boris, you naughty boy. You broke it, you fix it.'
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

QuoteWhat is happening in the world?
It's called "democracy",  Ecurb.

You give people - who, increasingly in this Farcebook/Twitter/soap/"reality tv" world, are thinking less and less with whatever intellect they posses - the power to, effectively, determine the future of your country.

Asmodean

Quote from: Gloucester on July 14, 2016, 07:04:15 AM
QuoteWhat is happening in the world?
It's called "democracy",  Ecurb.

You give people - who, increasingly in this Farcebook/Twitter/soap/"reality tv" world, are thinking less and less with whatever intellect they posses - the power to, effectively, determine the future of your country.
Ah, yes, democracy. The form of government where people are empowered to govern themselves or some such nonsense... At least, that's the way they advertise it. In reality, democracy is the form of government which allows pretty much everybody to fuck it up for pretty much everybody else, usually through the ideology of republicanism. (No, Americans, not THAT republicanism)

Don't get me wrong, I like my right of self-determination. I just don't like it that some people whose intellectual capacity I disapprove of have it... And being a personal opinion I would not legislate even if I had a chance to do so, I'll likely keep idly bitching about it for as long as I live.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on July 14, 2016, 06:39:35 AM
It's a master stroke! He's a quintessential English eccentric. You wait till he gets to Washington. You just wait!  :rofl:

So if Trump wins and appoints Gingrich as Secretary of State, and they meet with BoJo, I predict that the universe will explode.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 15, 2016, 04:46:39 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 14, 2016, 06:39:35 AM

So if Trump wins and appoints Gingrich as Secretary of State, and they meet with BoJo, I predict that the universe will explode.
We live in interesting times (oh, fuckit!).