News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Talking to myself . . .

Started by Dave, July 04, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

The trouble is that by the time you reach the maturer years, you've heard all the good jokes. Even though I'm more laid back; less uptight than I used to be, and although I want to laugh at modern humour, it is only very sporadically that it succeeds.😀😀☹️😀😀☹️
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Arturo

There was a period where I found mainstream humor very unfunny. That was pretty much because my only source of it was the tv. I didn't have the opportunity to tell jokes in my house because my step family was too sensitive to be able to make them. We spent more time at each other's throats than any time being anything else.

Then I found YouTube and began watching let's plays. That was about 3 years ago and I've never laughed harder. I mean these are real people telling real jokes or doing something natural that just becomes hilarious. It doesn't feel like I'm watching someone on stage and they share some of my ideals and humor. So I feel like I found people who's agent validate my ideals.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

If there are no problems with the paperwork next Friday I start my new internship. Going over to the hospital to be introduced to people always gets me nervous!

That one escaped my stomach -->:chasingbutterfly: 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

*Sigh* I'm feeling tired. For some reason I did not sleep well last night but I woke up this morning feeling energetic. I went for a walk and right now all I want to do is sleep. The results for every blood test I've taken for the past 10 years show that I am chronically borderline anemic or anemic depending on what time of the month it is, and it never changes, even when I was taking iron supplements.

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 01, 2017, 05:17:58 PM
*Sigh* I'm feeling tired. For some reason I did not sleep well last night but I woke up this morning feeling energetic. I went for a walk and right now all I want to do is sleep. The results for every blood test I've taken for the past 10 years show that I am chronically borderline anemic or anemic depending on what time of the month it is, and it never changes, even when I was taking iron supplements.

Ah, hence the addition of  :visit morpheus: ! Take it you are getting plenty of vitamin C as well?

Take care

:console:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on October 01, 2017, 05:56:21 PM
Ah, hence the addition of  :visit morpheus: ! Take it you are getting plenty of vitamin C as well?

Take care

:lol: I've been looking at that smiley for the past two minutes now and it has only made my eyelids heavier.

I'm not taking any supplements, and don't ingest nearly as much citric fruit (or any fruit for that matter) as I should. It's a problem, but I simply don't have the time during the week to sit down and have a proper lunch. Even though I live in cow country, red meat is expensive, with doesn't help the haemoglobin levels rise as I rarely buy any.

I have to get used to eating a light lunch and eating a more elaborate dinner but I don't like to go to sleep with stuff in my stomach still digesting. It gives me nightmares. Heh.   

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 01, 2017, 06:08:52 PM
Quote from: Dave on October 01, 2017, 05:56:21 PM

Take care

:lol: I've been looking at that smiley for the past two minutes now and it has only made my eyelids heavier.

I'm not taking any supplements, and don't ingest nearly as much citric fruit (or any fruit for that matter) as I should. It's a problem, but I simply don't have the time during the week to sit down and have a proper lunch. Even though I live in cow country, red meat is expensive, with doesn't help the haemoglobin levels rise as I rarely buy any.

I have to get used to eating a light lunch and eating a more elaborate dinner but I don't like to go to sleep with stuff in my stomach still digesting. It gives me nightmares. Heh.

I prescribe a black pudding sandwich followed by a large orange.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on October 01, 2017, 06:19:16 PM

Hmm...I had to look up 'black pudding'. :blush:

I don't know...is it tasty? It resembles a carbonised sausage or burger and those are never the good parts of a barbeque! :P 

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 01, 2017, 07:11:45 PM

I don't know...is it tasty? It resembles a carbonised sausage or burger and those are never the good parts of a barbeque! :P

It's blood sausage with lumps of fat in it. It's lovely.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on October 01, 2017, 07:16:50 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 01, 2017, 07:11:45 PM

It's blood sausage with lumps of fat in it. It's lovely.

In mine what looks like "lumps of fat" are actually swollen grain. Stuffed with haemoglobin. Fried until crispy round the edge! Yumm!   :yum:

Recusant

According to Wikipedia, the Brazilian equivalent of black pudding is called either chouriço or morcela. I've never had those, but I agree that black pudding is good.  ;)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on October 01, 2017, 07:35:10 PM
According to Wikipedia, the Brazilian equivalent of black pudding is called either chouriço or morcela. I've never had those, but I agree that black pudding is good.  ;)

Oh! :hey: Morcilha (in the south)! I've only seen it, never tasted it. 

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 01, 2017, 10:13:50 PM
Quote from: Recusant on October 01, 2017, 07:35:10 PM

Oh! :hey: Morcilha (in the south)! I've only seen it, never tasted it.
Oh! Moronga, Blood sausage. I love that!  :yum:
I haven't had any in a long time.
:eyebrow: Is this delicious dish forbidden by any religion? Oh! Who cares, anyways!?  :let'seat:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

There is something wrong with you people, blood sausage, ugh? 

I was first exposed to kishka (Polish blood sausage) as a child when my mom would bring a coil or two of blood sausage home to cook for my father from the local polish butcher shop. Sautéd in a pan with onions, and additional fat...I hated it. The smell of it was as bad as the taste.

My parents, especially my father would make my sister's and I eat everything on our plates, but most often it was me sitting alone at the table long after the rest of the family had finished their dinner, just sitting there at the table staring down at my plate, slowly trying to either force the kishka down my throat by drowning it with ketchup or simply sitting there until my mother would take my plate away and send me off to my room to go to bed early as punishment.

Because of the kishka I never really liked ketchup anymore either,...probably why I'm also primarily a vegetarian now. There arejust some things we shouldn't be eating, like organs, blood, tongues,etc... ick.

Kishka, liver, head cheese, fried bologna are some of the nastiest things...I don't feel good now just typing this and thinking back to the horror of those days...ugh, going to bed. Goodnight :boring:
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 02, 2017, 04:09:44 AM
:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

There is something wrong with you people, blood sausage, ugh? 

I was first exposed to kishka (Polish blood sausage) as a child when my mom would bring a coil or two of blood sausage home to cook for my father from the local polish butcher shop. Sautéd in a pan with onions, and additional fat...I hated it. The smell of it was as bad as the taste.

My parents, especially my father would make my sister's and I eat everything on our plates, but most often it was me sitting alone at the table long after the rest of the family had finished their dinner, just sitting there at the table staring down at my plate, slowly trying to either force the kishka down my throat by drowning it with ketchup or simply sitting there until my mother would take my plate away and send me off to my room to go to bed early as punishment.

Because of the kishka I never really liked ketchup anymore either,...probably why I'm also primarily a vegetarian now. There arejust some things we shouldn't be eating, like organs, blood, tongues,etc... ick.

Kishka, liver, head cheese, fried bologna are some of the nastiest things...I don't feel good now just typing this and thinking back to the horror of those days...ugh, going to bed. Goodnight :boring:

So I guess you wouldn't approve of ram's testicles either. I had them in Lebanon once and quite enjoyed the dish.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames