News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Talking to myself . . .

Started by Dave, July 04, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Bad Penny II on July 23, 2016, 07:26:53 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 23, 2016, 06:37:08 PM, finding it hard to hit the right keys on the on-screen keyboard on the 8 incher.

I'm sure nobody noticed.
Why don't get a proper keyboard that talks to the tablet

That's cos I spends ages correcting all the typos!

Have a USB keyboard that is better, and I use that for very long posts or serious other stuff, but then I have to get my not-as-fat-as-once-was ass off the sofa and use the table!

Actually, it is not so bad if I type slower and actually watch where the stylus lands. Only one typo to be corrected in that last sentence, none in this one.

Can actually type quite fast and accurately on a standard or a laptop keyboard.

I'll persevere!  :D
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

OK.
I'm drunk, and I should go to bed.  :-[

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Hi there tumbleweed, wanna stop by for a chat?

:tumbleweed:

No? OK...

:weepy:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

I know that I should not keep banging on about this, but:

My bed is a platform in the corner, called a "podium" by the estate agents. This morning I stripped the bed, turned the double mattress up on edge, cleaned the platform, vacuumed the mattress, turned it over end for end and top for bottom, made the bed,. Then I did a few other little jobs, made lunch and  did a week's worth of washing up.

All that with only two breaks for a drink and the meal and only the slightest signs of shortage of breath, with no extra nitrates taken.

Only a few months ago it would have taken me up to an hour to make the bed alone, then another hour's rest until tackling the cooking and washing up, with a rest halfway through the latter.

Feel like a new man!

Bloody losartan potassium side effects!

joeactor

Quote from: Gloucester on July 30, 2016, 01:26:01 PM

My bed is a platform in the corner, called a "podium" by the estate agents. This morning I stripped the bed, turned the double mattress up on edge, cleaned the platform, vacuumed the mattress, turned it over end for end and top for bottom, made the bed,. Then I did a few other little jobs, made lunch and  did a week's worth of washing up.

All that with only two breaks for a drink and the meal and only the slightest signs of shortage of breath, with no extra nitrates taken.

Only a few months ago it would have taken me up to an hour to make the bed alone, then another hour's rest until tackling the cooking and washing up, with a rest halfway through the latter.

Feel like a new man!

Glad you're feeling well!!!

Essie Mae

Feel like a new man!

I'm alarmed! I take that for high BP and haven't been feeling well. Didn't connect the two. I never read the possible side effects because I'm so suggestible. If it said you could grow a second head I would soon be convinced I had one.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dave

Quote from: Essie Mae on August 03, 2016, 09:21:08 AM

Feel like a new man!

I'm alarmed! I take that for high BP and haven't been feeling well. Didn't connect the two. I never read the possible side effects because I'm so suggestible. If it said you could grow a second head I would soon be convinced I had one.

That is often a problem and I sympathise, Essie, it is too easy for a little indigestion to feel like a major heart problem! Unfortunately the opposite applies as well.

Losartan certsinly has side effects that seem to "mimic" the symotoms of that which it is supposed to fix.

However, we are all individuals and react differently. It takes a good doctor to listen and view objectuvely, perhaps a better one who is willing to supervise a controlled withdrawal. It may need 24h monitoring and that is expensive.

Basically I had the chance to log my BP at sny time and note my "condition". The clue was that the symptoms seemed linked to periods of low BP.

That led to looking at the drugs that reduced BP, I was on two, a nitrste and losartan. My dictir duggested stopping the losartan after seeing my evidence. Felt better. Restarted on a lower dose, felt worse. Stopped zltogether and feel far, fsr better.

Now, tbe critical thing may be the fact that I had lowish BP to start with. Drugs that dropped it further meant a poor supply all over the body, weakness in tbe limbs, fuzxy head, angina, breathlessness.

If you have hypertension then it is more complicated and unmonitored withdrawal from losartan would not be a good idea at all.

I have my theories and am getting a few health professionsls to listen to them, but it us a steep slope. After all I am merely a patient . . .

Essie Mae

Quote from: Gloucester on August 03, 2016, 10:00:12 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on August 03, 2016, 09:21:08 AM

Feel like a new man!

That is often a problem and I sympathise, Essie, it is too easy for a little indigestion to feel like a major heart problem! Unfortunately the opposite applies as well.

Losartan certsinly has side effects that seem to "mimic" the symotoms of that which it is supposed to fix.

However, we are all individuals and react differently. It takes a good doctor to listen and view objectuvely, perhaps a better one who is willing to supervise a controlled withdrawal. It may need 24h monitoring and that is expensive.

Basically I had the chance to log my BP at sny time and note my "condition". The clue was that the symptoms seemed linked to periods of low BP.

That led to looking at the drugs that reduced BP, I was on two, a nitrste and losartan. My dictir duggested stopping the losartan after seeing my evidence. Felt better. Restarted on a lower dose, felt worse. Stopped zltogether and feel far, fsr better.

Now, tbe critical thing may be the fact that I had lowish BP to start with. Drugs that dropped it further meant a poor supply all over the body, weakness in tbe limbs, fuzxy head, angina, breathlessness.

If you have hypertension then it is more complicated and unmonitored withdrawal from losartan would not be a good idea at all.

I have my theories and am getting a few health professionsls to listen to them, but it us a steep slope. After all I am merely a patient . . .

Sounds as though your problems are different from mine. I just sometimes feel lightheaded and dizzy and heavy-chested.  I'm seeing a cardiologist in a couple of weeks so I'm hopeful it will be sorted. I hope you continue to feel better and get the meds that are right for you.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Magdalena

December 2016: I attended a wedding, a baptism, a Christmas party, and a New Year's party. January 2017: There was a birthday celebration today, but it was interrupted by news that someone in the family, died, so I will soon attend a funeral.  :sad sigh:

The inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States will be held ‎January 20, 2017. My daughter's birthday is on the same day.  :sad sigh:

Life:

I think I've had enough.  :unsure:

Maybe I am just tired.  :offtobed:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on January 05, 2017, 05:26:14 AM
December 2016: I attended a wedding, a baptism, a Christmas party, and a New Year's party. January 2017: There was a birthday celebration today, but it was interrupted by news that someone in the family, died, so I will soon attend a funeral.  :sad sigh:

The inauguration of Donald Trump as the 45th President of the United States will be held ‎January 20, 2017. My daughter's birthday is on the same day.  :sad sigh:

Life:

:this:

:c'mere you:

:therethere:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Life:

My Dearest Mags,

The wedding, baptism and even the Christmas party may have been unavoidable due to family obligations, butt no one forced you to attend a New Year's Eve Party did they? Mmmm? Huhhhh?

Sorry about your loss though, funereal's during the holiday can be rough.

You should throw your daughter a huuuuuge birthday party on the 20th, so as to distract you from having to pay any attention to what I believe will be the darkest day in American history. (Shivers with dread)

By the way Free marijuana to be handed out Inauguration Day!

So cheer up! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Life:

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Life:

:console:

I agree with what Bruno said, throw your daughter one heck of a party! :party: Forget about Trash Trump.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena