News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Talking to myself . . .

Started by Dave, July 04, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

I wasn't expecting any responses.  :shifty:
After all, this is the, "Talking to myself..." Thread. It's more like one of those confession booths they have at the catholic churches.  :-\

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on January 05, 2017, 07:57:09 PM
After all, this is the, "Talking to myself..." Thread. It's more like one of those confession booths they have at the catholic churches.  :-\

In that case say three "Our Fathers', one "Novena" and I'll absolve you of all of your sins.

Father Bruno

P.S. Now I want to change my username from Bruno de la Pole to Father Bruno, or maybe Monsignor Bruno?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on January 05, 2017, 08:45:31 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on January 05, 2017, 07:57:09 PM

In that case say three "Our Fathers', one "Novena" and I'll absolve you of all of your sins.

Father Bruno

P.S. Now I want to change my username from Bruno de la Pole to Father Bruno, or maybe Monsignor Bruno?
Banned for delusions of grandeur...

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.  :-[
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

I vote for Monsignor Bruno -- aim for the skies.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 05, 2017, 09:22:14 PM

Well....If you're gonna aim for the skies....
Pope Pompeux Pole
(You can even add an accent on the e, any e, to make it fancier.) :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on January 05, 2017, 09:56:18 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 05, 2017, 09:22:14 PM

Well....If you're gonna aim for the skies....
Pope Pompeux Pole
(You can even add an accent on the e, any e, to make it fancier.) :grin:

Me llamaste pomposo?

Me?

Anyway I think I prefer Father Bruno, and then like a good son of Jesus, I'll work my way up to Monsignor.

I wonder if the mods would change it for me?

I even have a cool avatar.

Arturo

Not gonna have any money for awhile...  :marvin:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Magdalena

Dear Father Bruno,

I have a confession.

Last night I was bored and couldn't sleep so I went to read posts on other atheists forums.  :shifty:  Is this bad? Is this cheating? I didn't join the forum or anything like that.  ::) I just read the posts. Really! You believe me, don't you?

Please don't make me pray a whole bunch of times, I doubt this will stop me from doing it again--just reading the posts--that is. I didn't even enjoy it. They didn't even call me a guest or user, I think they called me a "spider" which I didn't like.

Is this a bad sign? That I want to see other posts? This is the first or maybe the second time that I go lurking in other places at night--from the comfort of my home--of course.  What's wrong with me?

Sincerely,

Magdalena's friend.  :shifty:

xSilverPhinx

:o I am shocked, Mags, shocked! 

Shocked that your friend would do such a thing!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Dad, moves out, tells me to get room mate and split bills with them.
I can't afford bills that way.
Get room mate anyway since New Year bringing in extra money.
Dad says to cancel room mate because he wants to move back in.

Good news is she was very understanding and kind about the whole thing. :love:
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on January 07, 2017, 07:18:59 PM
Dear Father Bruno,

I have a confession.

Last night I was bored and couldn't sleep so I went to read posts on other atheists forums.  :shifty:  Is this bad? Is this cheating? I didn't join the forum or anything like that.  ::) I just read the posts. Really! You believe me, don't you?

Please don't make me pray a whole bunch of times, I doubt this will stop me from doing it again--just reading the posts--that is. I didn't even enjoy it. They didn't even call me a guest or user, I think they called me a "spider" which I didn't like.

Is this a bad sign? That I want to see other posts? This is the first or maybe the second time that I go lurking in other places at night--from the comfort of my home--of course.  What's wrong with me?

Sincerely,

Magdalena's friend.  :shifty:

My Dear Child,

Your friend is being tempted because they have neglected their time with God spent at HAF, and also because they are weak in the body due to physical exhaustion, most likely due to excessive partying.

We find it is easier to resist temptation by having a strong spiritual life on-line social life, and avoiding compromising situations, and also by being accountable to someone.

Temptation will always be a part of our lives, it matters not our age or the circumstances of our lives, temptation will be something that we have to deal with until the end of our journey here on earth.

Not every temptation is caused by Satan web-surfing, so we need to look at the two causes of temptation. 

Most temptations are caused by our fallen human nature boredom . Original Sin Instant gratification has wounded our human nature.  We simply do not have complete control over our mind, memory, imagination, will, passions and emotions.  We will always struggle with something as long as there is another Facebook post to comment on, or a GIF needing posting somewhere.

Sometimes we might be tempted to be lazy and sleep in (Mags), rather than go to work or to school, or clean the house.  Sometimes we might be tempted to gossip (Mags).  Sometimes we might be tempted to be impatient.  Sometimes we might be tempted to be unchaste (Fr. Bruno).  Sometimes we might even be tempted to take something that does not belong to us.

Please tell your friend to remember the specific Catechism of the Catholic Church #2516.
"Because man and woman is a composite being, spirit and body, there already exists a certain tension in them; a certain struggle of tendencies between spirit and flesh develops. But in fact, this struggle belongs to the heritage of sin. It is a consequence of sin and at the same time a confirmation of it. It is part of the daily experience of the spiritual battle, blah, blah, blah....whatever"

I don't know if any of this makes sense, in fact I think I've given myself a headache simply trying to sound pastoral, so why don't you tell your friend to go ahead and look around other sites, even log in and post a comment or two, butt I think they'll find that there simply is no other site worthy of wasting their time on like HAF.

Also, say a couple Our Father's and make me some Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies for my time and blessing.

Sincerely,

Father Bruno

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 08, 2017, 10:02:46 PM
:o I am shocked, Mags, shocked! 

Shocked that your friend would do such a thing!

I'm also shocked that my friend did that.  :shifty:

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on January 09, 2017, 01:12:52 PM

My Dear Child,

Your friend is being tempted because they have neglected their time with God spent at HAF, and also because they are weak in the body due to physical exhaustion, most likely due to excessive partying.

We find it is easier to resist temptation by having a strong spiritual life on-line social life, and avoiding compromising situations, and also by being accountable to someone.

Temptation will always be a part of our lives, it matters not our age or the circumstances of our lives, temptation will be something that we have to deal with until the end of our journey here on earth.

Not every temptation is caused by Satan web-surfing, so we need to look at the two causes of temptation. 

Most temptations are caused by our fallen human nature boredom . Original Sin Instant gratification has wounded our human nature.  We simply do not have complete control over our mind, memory, imagination, will, passions and emotions.  We will always struggle with something as long as there is another Facebook post to comment on, or a GIF needing posting somewhere.

Sometimes we might be tempted to be lazy and sleep in (Mags), rather than go to work or to school, or clean the house.  Sometimes we might be tempted to gossip (Mags).  Sometimes we might be tempted to be impatient.  Sometimes we might be tempted to be unchaste (Fr. Bruno).  Sometimes we might even be tempted to take something that does not belong to us.

Please tell your friend to remember the specific Catechism of the Catholic Church #2516.
"Because man and woman is a composite being, spirit and body, there already exists a certain tension in them; a certain struggle of tendencies between spirit and flesh develops. But in fact, this struggle belongs to the heritage of sin. It is a consequence of sin and at the same time a confirmation of it. It is part of the daily experience of the spiritual battle, blah, blah, blah....whatever"

I don't know if any of this makes sense, in fact I think I've given myself a headache simply trying to sound pastoral, so why don't you tell your friend to go ahead and look around other sites, even log in and post a comment or two, butt I think they'll find that there simply is no other site worthy of wasting their time on like HAF.

Also, say a couple Our Father's and make me some Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies for my time and blessing.

Sincerely,

Father Bruno

Father Bruno, my friend says you're fired.