Author Topic: Talking to myself . . .  (Read 3251 times)

Essie Mae

• Free to think.
  • Thou Art God
  • I Hope Uncle Bert is still my friend.
Re: Talking to myself . . .
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2017, 02:50:32 AM »
The trouble is that by the time you reach the maturer years, you've heard all the good jokes. Even though I'm more laid back; less uptight than I used to be, and although I want to laugh at modern humour, it is only very sporadically that it succeeds.😀😀☹️😀😀☹️
ESs
Rational arguments don't usually work on religious people; otherwise there would be no religious people. House MD

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
  • Touched by His Noodly Appendage
  • Atheist, Humanist, and Champion
    • You two dig up, dig up dinosaurs?
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2017, 04:47:38 AM »
There was a period where I found mainstream humor very unfunny. That was pretty much because my only source of it was the tv. I didn't have the opportunity to tell jokes in my house because my step family was too sensitive to be able to make them. We spent more time at each other's throats than any time being anything else.

Then I found YouTube and began watching let's plays. That was about 3 years ago and I've never laughed harder. I mean these are real people telling real jokes or doing something natural that just becomes hilarious. It doesn't feel like I'm watching someone on stage and they share some of my ideals and humor. So I feel like I found people who's agent validate my ideals.
But, uh...well there it is.
"Nothing's a struggle, but everything is a challenge"-Anon
Hate Is Weakness

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #197 on: September 13, 2017, 06:31:29 PM »
If there are no problems with the paperwork next Friday I start my new internship. Going over to the hospital to be introduced to people always gets me nervous!

That one escaped my stomach -->:chasingbutterfly: 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:11:42 PM by xSilverPhinx »
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.