News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Ecurb's Travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, July 01, 2016, 01:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tom62 on June 22, 2017, 06:00:41 AM
I can invite you for a coffee or a beer, since I'm living in the Rhine-Main area.

The cruise stops in Cologne and then Koblenz.  Are you close to either?

Tom62

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 22, 2017, 10:45:33 AM
I can invite you for a coffee or a beer, since I'm living in the Rhine-Main area.

Cologne is approx. 170 km and Koblenz 100km from my place.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Claireliontamer

Cologne is a beautiful city.  There's even a chocolate museum which gives free samples of very good chocolate.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tom62 on June 22, 2017, 03:53:46 PM

That's probably too far for you to go for a beer.  Miltenburg is the stop after Koblenz.  If you want to meet, let me know and I'll give you the dates for each. 

Biggus Dickus

So I was on the forum earlier this afternoon, and I left a post here in this very thread, and now I don't see it...very strange.

Anyway, I think what I posted earlier went something like this, "Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned Bruce, I'm very envious of you, but do hope you have a good time. Good luck trying to outdoing the Vikings, and please send me a postcard from Budapest."

(I'll PM you my address, because if I posted it here who knows what type of mail I would receive from you godless heathens)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 22, 2017, 10:22:37 PM
So I was on the forum earlier this afternoon, and I left a post here in this very thread, and now I don't see it...very strange.

Anyway, I think what I posted earlier went something like this, "Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned Bruce, I'm very envious of you, but do hope you have a good time. Good luck trying to outdoing the Vikings, and please send me a postcard from Budapest."

(I'll PM you my address, because if I posted it here who knows what type of mail I would receive from you godless heathens)

One post card from Budapest coming up, but that's my last stop, so I'll probably be home by the time you receive it!

Tom62

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 22, 2017, 05:59:08 PM

That's probably too far for you to go for a beer.  Miltenburg is the stop after Koblenz.  If you want to meet, let me know and I'll give you the dates for each.

Yes, it is a bit too far. A pity that you don't stop in Frankfurt.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tom62 on June 23, 2017, 07:35:14 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 22, 2017, 05:59:08 PM

Yes, it is a bit too far. A pity that you don't stop in Frankfurt.

Yes, not sure exactly why they skipped it - must have to do with necessary distances they want to travel every day, and they have to stop at Cologne to let us see the cathedral.  Anyway, I'll drink a beer in your honor as we pass Frankfurt.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 23, 2017, 01:30:40 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on June 22, 2017, 10:22:37 PM

One post card from Budapest coming up, but that's my last stop, so I'll probably be home by the time you receive it!

Hey folks, guess what I received in the mail yesterday? A post card from our friend Ecurb, not from Budapest, but from Wurzburg, Germany!

Pretty cool huh?

Looks like a lovely place doesn't it, hope he had a good time in his travels. (I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous a bit)

I blocked out my address in fear of god know's what kind of crap I would have received in the mail from you heathens if I left it visible  ::) ;D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 13, 2017, 02:11:43 PM
I blocked out my address in fear of god know's what kind of crap I would have received in the mail from you heathens if I left it visible  ::) ;D

I'm guessing showing up unannounced for dinner would be out of the question too?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 13, 2017, 05:44:41 PM

I'm guessing showing up unannounced for dinner would be out of the question too?

:let'seat:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

No that would be fine, as long as you bring something with you... 8) 

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on July 13, 2017, 09:57:48 PM

No that would be fine, as long as you bring something with you... 8)

Would homemade dinner rolls be sufficient?  Or does it need to be something more substantial, like a casserole or pie?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Arturo

Quote from:  Father Bruno

I wonder since me and Father B live so close that if we saw eachother in the street, would we recognize each other?

(I think a Mexican Monkey wearing Priest garbs would be eye catching but idk I don't even notice my sister when we are at the gym)
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱