Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Ecurb's Travels

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, July 01, 2016, 01:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2017, 05:53:12 PM

Ok, I think I know what you're doing wrong...try clicking on the image with the left button (it should pop up) before clicking on it with the right to copy the image address.

Nope, no "view image" pops up.  You can post from my Facebook but I can't. 

Sandra Craft

Stunning pic -- found you on FB too.  I want to hear the story of the beer that couldn't be finished.  Did you think you could finish it?  Was a challenge you took on?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

^ Thanx for the photos Bruce.

The architecture is stupendous but the water level looks pretty high. There is going to big trouble if that kid ever takes his thumb out of the dike.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 23, 2017, 08:26:39 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2017, 05:53:12 PM

Ok, I think I know what you're doing wrong...try clicking on the image with the left button (it should pop up) before clicking on it with the right to copy the image address.

Nope, no "view image" pops up.  You can post from my Facebook but I can't.

How odd.  :scratch:

Great, now I won't be able to sleep at night wondering why that is.  :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

I like your pictures, Ecurb Noselrub, thank you for sharing them with us.  :tellmemore:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on July 24, 2017, 01:53:34 AM
I like your pictures, Ecurb Noselrub, thank you for sharing them with us.  :tellmemore:

I agree Bruce, these are nice...too bad I'm not on Facebook I suppose I could view more there....thanks again for the postcard!

P.S. I love the Windmills.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer

Happy to post the ones I can see and are public:

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 23, 2017, 10:01:10 PM
Stunning pic -- found you on FB too.  I want to hear the story of the beer that couldn't be finished.  Did you think you could finish it?  Was a challenge you took on?

No challenge.  I had been drinking lots of water because it was hot, and I just couldn't finish it.  It was good, but I was full.

Ecurb Noselrub

Heading out for the Big Bend area of Texas in the morning. Going to enjoy the beautiful Rio Grande border area there before Trump destroys it with a stupid wall.  Also going to visit some fantastic restaurants in Marfa, Alpine and Marathon.  May even cross the river into Mexico at Boquillas for a cold beer and a taco.  I'll post pics on Facebook.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on September 14, 2017, 01:03:10 AM
Heading out for the Big Bend area of Texas in the morning. Going to enjoy the beautiful Rio Grande border area there before Trump destroys it with a stupid wall.  Also going to visit some fantastic restaurants in Marfa, Alpine and Marathon.  May even cross the river into Mexico at Boquillas for a cold beer and a taco.  I'll post pics on Facebook.

:hammock:

Enjoy it while it lasts.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

July 1-7 this year we are traveling to Wales.  We will fly from Houston to London, then take a nice taxi ride all the way to Hay-on-Wye, just over the Welsh border.  There we have rented an apartment for the week. My wife will explore the many book stores in the village, and I will explore the many pubs. I also plan to hike in Brecon Beacons National Park nearby and canoe on the Wye River.  Then taxi back to Heathrow for the flight home.  The taxi is a bit pricey, but I don't want to bother with renting a car and driving on the wrong side of the road, or riding an crowded, uncomfortable bus.  Anyone near Hay?  Stop by and I'll buy you a pint.

The Burleson clan immigrated to America from Wales in the 1700's, so in a way I'm coming home.  They were actually from Caerleon, near Cardiff, but close enough.

Bluenose

Sorry, timing's all wrong.  However, almost exactly two years ago I visited LLanafen via Builth Wells (quite close to Hay-on-Wye) a very small village that my father and uncle were evacuated to during WWII.  The village has a church and a pub, the Red Lion, and that's about it.  Had a lovely meal at the Red Lion, can thoroughly recommend it.

https://goo.gl/maps/NKzUi3z788R2
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett