Author Topic: Ecurb's Travels  (Read 820 times)

Claireliontamer

• Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
Re: Ecurb's Travels
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2017, 08:40:32 AM »
Have a good trip :)

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2017, 10:45:33 AM »
I can invite you for a coffee or a beer, since I'm living in the Rhine-Main area.

The cruise stops in Cologne and then Koblenz.  Are you close to either?

Tom62

• Global Moderator
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2017, 03:53:46 PM »
I can invite you for a coffee or a beer, since I'm living in the Rhine-Main area.

Cologne is approx. 170 km and Koblenz 100km from my place.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Claireliontamer

• Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2017, 04:03:41 PM »
Cologne is a beautiful city.  There's even a chocolate museum which gives free samples of very good chocolate.

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 05:59:08 PM »

That's probably too far for you to go for a beer.  Miltenburg is the stop after Koblenz.  If you want to meet, let me know and I'll give you the dates for each. 

Father Bruno

• Deranged Psychopathic Twinkle Toes
  • Save water. Shower together!
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 10:22:37 PM »
So I was on the forum earlier this afternoon, and I left a post here in this very thread, and now I don't see it...very strange.

Anyway, I think what I posted earlier went something like this, "Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned Bruce, I'm very envious of you, but do hope you have a good time. Good luck trying to outdoing the Vikings, and please send me a postcard from Budapest."

(I'll PM you my address, because if I posted it here who knows what type of mail I would receive from you godless heathens)

Every taco is hand rolled with exotic Mexican spices by genuine Mayan Virgins.
Or. Carlos, depending on who's available.

I really, really hate anti-semantics.

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 01:30:40 AM »
So I was on the forum earlier this afternoon, and I left a post here in this very thread, and now I don't see it...very strange.

Anyway, I think what I posted earlier went something like this, "Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned Bruce, I'm very envious of you, but do hope you have a good time. Good luck trying to outdoing the Vikings, and please send me a postcard from Budapest."

(I'll PM you my address, because if I posted it here who knows what type of mail I would receive from you godless heathens)

One post card from Budapest coming up, but that's my last stop, so I'll probably be home by the time you receive it!

Tom62

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 07:35:14 AM »

That's probably too far for you to go for a beer.  Miltenburg is the stop after Koblenz.  If you want to meet, let me know and I'll give you the dates for each.

Yes, it is a bit too far. A pity that you don't stop in Frankfurt.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

• No Wall in my name!!!
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2017, 05:44:08 PM »

Yes, it is a bit too far. A pity that you don't stop in Frankfurt.

Yes, not sure exactly why they skipped it - must have to do with necessary distances they want to travel every day, and they have to stop at Cologne to let us see the cathedral.  Anyway, I'll drink a beer in your honor as we pass Frankfurt.

Father Bruno

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2017, 02:11:43 PM »

One post card from Budapest coming up, but that's my last stop, so I'll probably be home by the time you receive it!

Hey folks, guess what I received in the mail yesterday? A post card from our friend Ecurb, not from Budapest, but from Wurzburg, Germany!

Pretty cool huh?

Looks like a lovely place doesn't it, hope he had a good time in his travels. (I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous a bit)

I blocked out my address in fear of god know's what kind of crap I would have received in the mail from you heathens if I left it visible  ::) ;D

BooksCatsEtc

• Surprisingly OK
  • Global Moderator
  • The Cure for Boredom is Curiosity. There is No Cure For Curiosity.
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2017, 05:44:41 PM »
I blocked out my address in fear of god know's what kind of crap I would have received in the mail from you heathens if I left it visible  ::) ;D

I'm guessing showing up unannounced for dinner would be out of the question too?
Sandy

"I think this is the prettiest world -- as long as you don't mind a little dying, how could there be a day in your whole life that doesn't have its splash of happiness?"  from The Kingfisher, by Mary Oliver

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Global Moderator
  • On The Warpath
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 05:51:27 PM »

I'm guessing showing up unannounced for dinner would be out of the question too?

:let'seat:

I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.

Father Bruno

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 09:57:48 PM »

No that would be fine, as long as you bring something with you... 8) 

BooksCatsEtc

• Surprisingly OK
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 11:03:46 PM »

No that would be fine, as long as you bring something with you... 8)

Would homemade dinner rolls be sufficient?  Or does it need to be something more substantial, like a casserole or pie?
Sandy

"I think this is the prettiest world -- as long as you don't mind a little dying, how could there be a day in your whole life that doesn't have its splash of happiness?"  from The Kingfisher, by Mary Oliver

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
  • Touched by His Noodly Appendage
  • Atheist, Humanist, and Champion
    • You two dig up, dig up dinosaurs?
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 02:34:17 AM »
Quote from:  Father Bruno

I wonder since me and Father B live so close that if we saw eachother in the street, would we recognize each other?

(I think a Mexican Monkey wearing Priest garbs would be eye catching but idk I don't even notice my sister when we are at the gym)
But, uh...well there it is.
"Nothing's a struggle, but everything is a challenge"-Anon
Hate Is Weakness