News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

People Person

Started by gentle_dissident, June 24, 2016, 11:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Guess you never heard of Tommy, by the Who.

gentle_dissident

I see that you are intentionally being provocative.

Essie Mae

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 27, 2016, 01:42:55 AM
I'm working on a rock opera. The first song is orchestral. Here's the demo loop for it.

https://soundcloud.com/user8941760/whatisit-export-1

I'd like to hear it but am being denied access to the link.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

gentle_dissident

Sorry, I had to generate a private link.

https://soundcloud.com/user8941760/whatisit-export-1/s-O1Arc

I was using MediafFire for sharing snippets, but they put the kibosh on streaming. It was nice to have everything in one place.

gentle_dissident

Since the thread is bumped, I'll put some more down before work.

I've been an atheist for most my life. I remember thinking at 6 that I better get busy because death is coming. I was hanging over the freezer door looking at the ice cream. I have dabbled in spirituality always as an experiment. I'd say that those times when I was entertaining alternative points of view, I was an agnostic. Once I was unwittingly hypnotized, so be careful out there.

Since I was a youth, I've thought that capitalism doesn't help humanity and creates problems. My dad said he agreed with me, but I should keep my mouth shut and play along. He didn't agree with me on religion, but he gave me the same advice regarding it.

I've explored subcultures to find out about people. I've met people in holes and in mansions. We're a lot alike for a species that can't stand itself. I'd love to live on a communal farm. It looks like it works out nicely in my head. The weakest link is emotion.

I've been a vegetarian for about 25 years. I love the other animals, but unfortunately have to kill dangerous pests like the brown recluse. We've been fiddleback free for a couple of years. When I was a bachelor, I let them live in my place so I could observe them. Since they're territorial, I knew where they all were and could mostly avoid them. One day I put them all in a jar, about 10 of them. They were very respectful of each other. LOL

Recusant

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 27, 2016, 04:48:33 AM
I see that you are intentionally being provocative.

Nah, I'm pretty sure the "Who does that" post was intended as a joke. Might have been made clearer by using the happy rimshot smiley (:rimshot: as opposed to the deadpan/jaded rimshot:  :jaded rimshot:). The explanation was relatively neutral, but the phrasing was unfortunate. I don't think any offense was intended in either post.

Your demo loop is very dramatic sounding, with a hint of menace, I thought.  :blue smiley:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Hello, gentle_dissident, welcome to the forum.  :computerwave:
I think I'm a "People Person" too.  :notsure:
I like your cats.  :smilenod: Boba Fett, and Stormageddon Dark Lord of All, look alike.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Magdalena on June 27, 2016, 07:31:41 PM
Hello, gentle_dissident, welcome to the forum.  :computerwave:
I think I'm a "People Person" too.  :notsure:
I like your cats.  :smilenod: Boba Fett, and Stormageddon Dark Lord of All, look alike.
All but Star have bobcat in them, so says The Legend of the Pixie Bob.

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Recusant on June 27, 2016, 04:15:15 PM
as opposed to the deadpan/jaded rimshot:  :jaded rimshot:).
I can't believe I fell for that.

Yes, the rock opera has JC Superstar energy.

Kekerusey

Hello,

Nice pictures.

Just curious, how are you at designing book covers? I may have need of such an individual soon.

Keke
J C Rocks (An Aspiring Author's Journey)
The Abyssal Void War Book #1: Stars, Hide Your Fires