News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Captin America - Civil War - Spoilers inc'

Started by xSilverPhinx, April 30, 2016, 11:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I just watched the new Captain America movie. I didn't like it very much.  :-\
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 30, 2016, 11:06:26 PM

Was this the civil war one?  What about it didn't you like?  I've been looking forward to it a bit but I don't want to spend theater money on something I'll sleep thru.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 01, 2016, 01:22:09 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 30, 2016, 11:06:26 PM

Was this the civil war one?  What about it didn't you like?  I've been looking forward to it a bit but I don't want to spend theater money on something I'll sleep thru.

Yep, the civil war one.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I thought it was too long for one. On more than one occasion I was hoping that it would end and it didn't. Maybe it's because my patience is running thin, I don't know.

But you should totally watch it, don't let my opinion spoil it for you if it's a film you were looking forward to :smilenod: 

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 01, 2016, 01:26:47 AM
Yep, the civil war one.

I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but I thought it was too long for one. On more than one occasion I was hoping that it would end and it didn't. Maybe it's because my patience is running thin, I don't know.

But you should totally watch it, don't let my opinion spoil it for you if it's a film you were looking forward to :smilenod:

Was it because you watched the same film a bunch of times already and there was no story beyond a bit of banter?
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

I don't know -- it now has two strikes against it: no Loki, and it made you wonder if it was over yet.  I find the older I get, the more I tend to look at my watch during a movie and that is just not good.  If you, with your youth, are getting distracted I'll certainly be falling asleep.  Might as well wait for it on VOD.  That doesn't take long these days anyway.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Well now that this has been split into its own thread with a spoiler warning I can rave on with no worries. :grin:

Quote from: Crow on May 01, 2016, 02:58:12 AM
Yep, the civil war one.

Was it because you watched the same film a bunch of times already and there was no story beyond a bit of banter?

Yes! Argh, it was just boringly unimaginative I couldn't wait for it to be over so I could do better things with my time. Wooden characters, predictable storyline, strained attempts at humour (people laughed in the theatre but I thought none of it was funny)...no likable heroes, no likable or truly detestable villains.

I wouldn't watch it again.

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 01, 2016, 12:07:13 PM
I don't know -- it now has two strikes against it: no Loki, and it made you wonder if it was over yet.  I find the older I get, the more I tend to look at my watch during a movie and that is just not good.  If you, with your youth, are getting distracted I'll certainly be falling asleep.  Might as well wait for it on VOD.  That doesn't take long these days anyway.

Loki would've been a plus, but I doubt he could've saved this movie. Instead we get...Ant man. :fingertap:

Guardian85

Just saw it. Thought it wasn't that bad.
Needed a better villain in my estimation.

But I liked their portrayals of the Black Panther and Spider-Man.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-