Author Topic: That Awkward Dream  (Read 7264 times)

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
  • Angry hippies need to smoke cheap weed.
Re: That Awkward Dream
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2018, 04:22:01 AM »
...my youngest sister was born a rat/rabbit hybrid and turned into a huge fire-breathing caterpillar...

...had to deal with zombies.

...but somehow the machine caused my consciousness to leave my body, like it sucked it out...

“I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe.” ~Recusant

"Color me fascinated..." ~Asmodean, The Gray God.

Buddy

• The queen of bad ideas.
  • Guardian of Reason
  • SMLLKAR
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2018, 06:51:17 AM »
I just had a weird dream where my car was whisked away in a sinkhole, but I was so attached to it that I decided to go down and get it. Unfortunately I could only retrieve the “outer shell” of the car so I hung it up on the wall as decoration. I think a Volkswagen Beetle was involved at some point? Not sure but it was the first dream I’ve remembered I a while and it definitely made it on the wtf meter.
Hell hath no fury like me when I’m slightly inconvenienced and hungry.

I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

• Fed up with stupid.
  • Administrator
  • Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2018, 07:55:47 AM »
 :snicker:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Silly Overlord
  • On The Warpath
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2018, 06:31:53 PM »
I dreamt I was flying on water (yep, you read that correctly) from my residence to a city about 2 hours away because I erm...borrowed my mother's car and forgot it there. My mother suspected something but I came up with some dumb excuse and frantically flew all the way there. When I got to the supermarket landmark near to where I was sure I had parked the car, I couldn't find it anywhere. I didn't know if it was because the car had been stolen or I couldn't remember exactly where I had parked it.
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Silly Overlord
  • On The Warpath
« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2018, 06:35:11 PM »
...my youngest sister was born a rat/rabbit hybrid and turned into a huge fire-breathing caterpillar...

...but somehow the machine caused my consciousness to leave my body, like it sucked it out...

Yeah, they're a little weird, but that's normal for most dreams, right? I mean, who hasn't dreamt that their little sister was born a rat/rabbit hybrid and became a huge fire-breathing caterpillar? :lol:

I would love to have a dream interpreter tell me what these dreams might mean. I don't believe in that Freudian stuff but at the same time I'm curious, just for laughs. 
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.

Magdalena

• Butterfly of Doom.
  • Don't Pray in My School, and I Won't Think in Your Church
  • Angry hippies need to smoke cheap weed.
« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2018, 06:37:25 AM »

Yeah, they're a little weird, but that's normal for most dreams, right? I mean, who hasn't dreamt that their little sister was born a rat/rabbit hybrid and became a huge fire-breathing caterpillar? :lol:

I would love to have a dream interpreter tell me what these dreams might mean. I don't believe in that Freudian stuff but at the same time I'm curious, just for laughs.

I don't think anyone can interpret dreams. I think they are hidden messages we send to ourselves, in hieroglyphics, all caps.

Speaking of, ...machines that cause your consciousness to leave your body, like it sucks it out...

Maybe because of all this unwanted talk about NDE, I had a strange dream.

I was on the grass next to a man we were just looking at the sky...Total stranger.

He said to me, "One must put on these sun glasses right before one dies." I thought, "OK, crazy guy, whatever rocks your boat." We continued looking at the sky and suddenly he put the sun glasses over my eyes. I began to feel ssssoooo much relaxation...but then, it felt as waaaaaayyyyy too much relaxation. I thought, I'm dying. It was like fighting going to sleep. It was inviting. But I turned to him and said, "Not yet, I'm not ready to go yet." He took them off, and I woke up.

If this is some sort of religious thing, is it me or did I just say to heaven...? "Thank you, but no, thank you. It is nice and lovely, but I love it here, I prefer it here."

:unsure:

Edit: Fixed spelling.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 09:24:58 PM by Magdalena »

“I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe.” ~Recusant

"Color me fascinated..." ~Asmodean, The Gray God.

Dragonia

• Rides the Sonic Rain Boom
« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2018, 01:16:50 PM »
I've been dealing with an issue with my 13 year old son, who jumped a jump and landed hard on his bike a couple weeks ago. There have been 2 ER visits, 2 ultrasounds, much whining and complaining about sore, swollen testicles, and a bunch of teasing him about new nicknames we could give him.
So I guess this all led to a dream about....what else? My son's testicles! Yay! I just remember seeing his junk hanging out of his shorts, and one of his nuts was a deep horrible purple color, that I inspected and moved around and was talking to him about. I don't remember it being awkward in the dream, but when I woke up, I thought, it's time to get over this injury...its getting weird.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2018, 03:29:06 AM »
^ Poor kid. That is not the best way to hurt oneself. The use of a "cup" has some merit when involved in an event that is potentially injurious to ones jewels. 

Way back in the dark ages, I was hyper active in English trials, Hare scrambles, and closed circuit road racing. (Laconia, Daytona, Thompson...and Langhorn mile dirt track, Stafford Springs half mile, etc.)  Scrambles sometimes had moderate jumps but not anything like the outlandish ones that are characteristic of moto cross tracks.  Moto cross is crazy. It demands incredible athletic endurance, along with good machinery that may also injure the wallet without mercy. 

At 13, what is he riding? A 125 or some other small displacement machine?   As the good mom that I know you are, you have to be a an emotional wreck at the instant the gates drop. 

Dragonia

« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2018, 03:31:30 PM »
Ha, you know it, Icarus! He does ride motocross on an 85, and my heart stays in my throat for races. For just playing around, I don't worry too much, although just as much injury can happen then also.
But, this time, he was actually on his mountain bike in a friend's yard, on a badly made jump that his friend had shoveled together. *shaking my head*
I just want grandbabies someday! That's all I ask! (My son informs me that adoption is a valid alternative)

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
« Reply #204 on: February 07, 2018, 08:12:11 PM »
^ It is written: shit happens. 

Your son has a sense of humor though maybe not thoroughly appreciated by his mom in this instance.

Unnecessary Anecdote: My adopted step son had a sliding testicle when he was about ten years old.  We were told that unless it was fixed he might never be able to have children.  His mom was of the mind that she wanted to be a grand some day.  We had him fixed.

He did have two children, one out of wedlock, the other at the stubborn insistence of one of his three wives.  As soon as the baby was born she filed for divorce and hefty child support payments.  The conniving bitch mother saw to it that my wife Lorraine could never see the baby.  She was never permitted to be the grandmom that she wanted to be.  Poor Fred was saddled with support payments for eighteen years. I think that might be another reason why he hated me. If only I had not had him repaired he'd not have had to be so fiscally responsible.

Dragonia

« Reply #205 on: February 07, 2018, 09:17:19 PM »
Um, that's a really sad anecdote Icarus. For everyone except the bitch mom. Why can't people just be nice?