News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

The Afterlife Salad Bar - Step Up and Choose

Started by MadBomr101, March 23, 2016, 10:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBomr101

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2016, 01:52:05 AM
Eternal life just seems unfathomably boring, and yes, I agree that the Christian variety (and Islamic, to be fair) are the worst of the lot. It's like being made to eat broccoli for an infinity, you may like it at first but eventually you just can't take it anymore.  ::)

Unless there's some mechanism in place to wipe all your memories as each "day" passes, that way forever wouldn't feel like an eternity, but you'd be locked in a never ending one-day cycle in which you'll be worshiping an Egomaniac, fighting and killing, or time spent coming back as a lettuce or whatever.

So eternal life with selective, strategic Alzheimers to cope with the endless sameness.  It could work. 
- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Magdalena

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 25, 2016, 01:58:25 AM
Eternal life just seems unfathomably boring, and yes, I agree that the Christian variety (and Islamic, to be fair) are the worst of the lot. It's like being made to eat broccoli for an infinity, you may like it at first but eventually you just can't take it anymore.  ::)

Unless there's some mechanism in place to wipe all your memories as each "day" passes, that way forever wouldn't feel like an eternity, but you'd be locked in a never ending one-day cycle in which you'll be worshiping an Egomaniac, fighting and killing, or time spent coming back as a lettuce or whatever.

So eternal life with selective, strategic Alzheimers to cope with the endless sameness.  It could work.

Hey!  >:(
How come she gets a combo and I don't?  :???:
How come she can make substitutions and I can't?

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 24, 2016, 01:37:59 AM
This ain't Burger King toots; you don't get to have it your way.  It's more like a cable provider; you have to take what comes bundled in the package as is.

I don't think I like this...this... "The Afterlife Salad Bar."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

MadBomr101

Quote from: Magdalena on March 25, 2016, 02:14:59 AM

Her combo enhances the afterlife by offering a solution to the dullness issue of eternity.  We all benefit from her combo whereas you just wanted a coupon and an alternative for pussy.

But we value your business so, please, accept this complimentary dessert voucher.  :)

- Bomr
I'm waiting for the movie of my life to be made.  It should cost about $7.23 and that includes the budget for special effects.

Magdalena

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 25, 2016, 02:23:29 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 25, 2016, 02:14:59 AM

Her combo enhances the afterlife by offering a solution to the dullness issue of eternity.  We all benefit from her combo whereas you just wanted a coupon and an alternative for pussy.

But we value your business so, please, accept this complimentary dessert voucher.  :)
Only some have this dullness issue of eternity, it will benefit them, but not all like you said. I don't plan on having an eternity of dullness, so, I should be allowed to create my own combo...a combo for those who don't see eternity as dull.

But it's your game, your rules, your bar.  :shrug:

Oh, I almost forgot. I'll take that complimentary dessert voucher--thank you very much.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Asmo, could you please tell me what hell is like in your realm?

I am so sorry.  :shifty:
I meant to say, ...

Asmo, could He tell us, if we are worthy of such knowledge, what hell is like in His realm?

Davin

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 25, 2016, 01:23:39 AM
Quote from: Davin on March 24, 2016, 08:14:24 PM
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

This.

Let's don't forget that the only thing promised by the Xian afterlife - the worst one of them all - is to spend eternity worshiping god.  That's all.  Just worshiping a deity so insecure and needy for constant attention that he makes Miley Cyrus look humble by comparison.  Xians are so eager for this completely pointless eternity that they spend their REAL lives metaphorically licking the nutsack of a deity that can't think of anything more to offer with eternity than endless praise unto himself. What a douche.

I'd be as out of place in Heaven as a Tea-Party Republican at a coke fueled orgy; a concept for an afterlife I could get into...at least for thirty or thirty-five years.

Beyond that, even that would become mindnumbing.

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2016, 01:52:05 AMEternal life just seems unfathomably boring, and yes, I agree that the Christian variety (and Islamic, to be fair) are the worst of the lot. It's like being made to eat broccoli for an infinity, you may like it at first but eventually you just can't take it anymore.  ::)
To MadBombr101 and xSilverPhinx, I agree that I would get bored of those Christian and Islamic versions of the after life quicker than any other proposed.

Quote from: xSilverPhinxUnless there's some mechanism in place to wipe all your memories as each "day" passes, that way forever wouldn't feel like an eternity, but you'd be locked in a never ending one-day cycle in which you'll be worshiping an Egomaniac, fighting and killing, or time spent coming back as a lettuce or whatever.
If that were the case though, there's no point in living forever because then we'd just be living for one day.

Quote from: xSilverPhinxI think I'd still go with the Valhalla salad, but without the associated topping of PTSD. No pathological memories, please.
At least Valhalla is not eternal, we'd just have to fight and wait until Ragnarok where most will die.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 25, 2016, 01:58:25 AM

Yours would probably be the only Afterlife Salad Bar to offer dementia as a selling point. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Davin on March 25, 2016, 01:32:58 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinxUnless there's some mechanism in place to wipe all your memories as each "day" passes, that way forever wouldn't feel like an eternity, but you'd be locked in a never ending one-day cycle in which you'll be worshiping an Egomaniac, fighting and killing, or time spent coming back as a lettuce or whatever.

If that were the case though, there's no point in living forever because then we'd just be living for one day.

Well, you can always say that the true meaning of the word "day" was lost in translation and that it is in fact, longer than a 24 hour day. ;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MadBomr101

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 25, 2016, 01:36:00 PMYours would probably be the only Afterlife Salad Bar to offer dementia as a selling point. :smilenod:

We at Afterlife Salad Bar Inc. pride ourselves on thinking out of the box.   :badger:
- Bomr

Magdalena