News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

I Want Trump to Be President - WHY?!?

Started by MadBomr101, March 16, 2016, 09:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 17, 2016, 04:44:56 AM
The problem is there's no one else to challenge Trump on the GOP side that's any better.  Criuz is every bit as big a nightmare as Trump is, he just comes by his crazy from a psycho conservative evangelical Tea-Party perspective, and Kasich, the most reasonable of the three, has no chance whatsoever.

For the Dems, Hillary is an uninspired and problematic choice - surely we can do better than her for the first woman president - and, Bernie, much as I like the guy, probably can't beat her.

The 2016 election is a no-win situation.   :'(   

No, we can't on the Hillary comment you made. There are Independents and Republicans who would vote for Clinton over someone like Trump or Cruz, and since the Establishment no longer has control of that party (at least in reality, not their minds), the type of person she is is the type of person they'd vote for. Why? Because she's experienced, a Centrist, and seen to some as a ballbuster.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Nam

Quote from: Crow on March 17, 2016, 11:39:07 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 17, 2016, 11:32:43 AM
Yeah, she's a known quantity.  It's likely to be more of the same, which ain't that bad for me.  Bernie is too much of a paradigm shift, Cruz is totally untested as a leader, and Trump might be disaster.  Hillary is like that old pair of shorts I put on Saturday morning - not gonna upset my routine.  That's what I want in a president - don't rock the boat.

So something that has been hanging around nether regions for a long time and has become haggard doing so.

I'd rather have Sanders but Sanders isn't realistic, and if he were he'd be a one term president who, like Jimmy Carter, gets nothing done.

And I like Jimmy Carter.

-Nam

Nam

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 17, 2016, 07:02:52 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny on March 17, 2016, 10:14:52 AM
Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 16, 2016, 09:59:33 PM

So, to prove to her that I was right, I not only want Trump to win, I need him to win. Yes, America will burn, yes, there will be rioting in the streets, yes, the entire world will feel the fallout but if I can get her to say to me, "Uh, okay, you win. He sucks." it will have all been worth it.

I apologize for the impending Armageddon but this is how it has to be.  :(

Do you really think this scenario would change her mind?
It'll all be the lefties fault, stymieing poor Donald's plans.
After all, every conservative knows George II is blameless.

I see your point but if rioting and burning doesn't convince her, what will? The only way to find out is to make it happen. America must burn so that I can prove my counterpoint to her. At least all the death, destruction, misery, upheaval and horror will have been for a good cause.
:shooty:

Having your ego stroked is a "good cause"?

-Nam

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Recusant on March 17, 2016, 03:10:39 PM
Quote from: Crow on March 17, 2016, 11:39:07 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 17, 2016, 11:32:43 AMHillary is like that old pair of shorts I put on Saturday morning - not gonna upset my routine.  That's what I want in a president - don't rock the boat.

So something that has been hanging around nether regions for a long time and has become haggard doing so.

Given the alternative is poorly stitched, ill-fitting gold lamé covered in slug slime and urushiol . . .  :thoughtful:

:eyebrow:

That's quite an image...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 17, 2016, 07:02:52 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny on March 17, 2016, 10:14:52 AM
Quote from: MadBomr101 on March 16, 2016, 09:59:33 PM

So, to prove to her that I was right, I not only want Trump to win, I need him to win. Yes, America will burn, yes, there will be rioting in the streets, yes, the entire world will feel the fallout but if I can get her to say to me, "Uh, okay, you win. He sucks." it will have all been worth it.

I apologize for the impending Armageddon but this is how it has to be.  :(

Do you really think this scenario would change her mind?
It'll all be the lefties fault, stymieing poor Donald's plans.
After all, every conservative knows George II is blameless.

I see your point but if rioting and burning doesn't convince her, what will? The only way to find out is to make it happen. America must burn so that I can prove my counterpoint to her. At least all the death, destruction, misery, upheaval and horror will have been for a good cause.
:shooty:
Riots?
Death, destruction, misery, upheaval and horror?
I just had a flashback of the 1992 L.A. riots.

A Marine convoy from Camp Pendleton moves up the I-5. (May 1, 1992)

BooksCatsEtc, were you here when it happened? :cryandrun:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Crow

I have to admit I would really like to see Trump win just to watch the fallout, it would be entertaining. America is still young and has at least five or six civil wars to come at some point. You saw how bent out of shape things got when Trump cancelled a rally in Chicago, now imagine if he became president. He might not even last a week before an attempt would be made on him.
Retired member.

Bad Penny

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 17, 2016, 01:36:16 PM
Quote from: Bluenose on March 17, 2016, 06:54:15 AM
Can I put a word in from the rest of the world, please? We're all dead set scared witless at the prospect that you're going to elect one of the douche-canoe GOP candidates on offer. We've long given up hoping that someone will ever get elected POTUS who actually understands that the USA is not the whole world and that not everyone shares the unsupported belief, apparently held by do many of your citizens, that your system of government is the best there is. So we have the choice of Bernie or Hilary. At least the latter seems to have some awareness of the rest of us. Oh, and while you're at it, could you please join the rest of the known inhabited universe and change over to the metric system? ;)

Weeeeell... The Russians seem to like him a lot...  :-X

And China's press is using him vindicate their political system.

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Nam

Quote from: Crow on March 18, 2016, 08:35:41 AM
I have to admit I would really like to see Trump win just to watch the fallout, it would be entertaining. America is still young and has at least five or six civil wars to come at some point. You saw how bent out of shape things got when Trump cancelled a rally in Chicago, now imagine if he became president. He might not even last a week before an attempt would be made on him.

We've been through enough war. We're a War Nation.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/02/america-war-93-time-222-239-years-since-1776.html

Nam

Nam

Nam

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-lewandowski-they-re-destroying-very-good-person-n548036

Trump's sexism goes further: abortions should be illegal, women should be punished but men, of course, shouldn't.

-Nam

Ecurb Noselrub

He simply has to be a Clinton plant.  He's doing more to contribute to her election than the biggest Democratic donor could ever do.

Nam

Just read that a few hours afterward he recanted that statement. Only abortion doctors should be punished.

Shortest recant in political history?

-Nam

Nam

How Trump will force Mexico to pay for the wall:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-explains-how-he-would-force-mexico-to-pay-for-border-wall/?google_editors_picks=true

By taking money people (Mexican Americans) here in the US earn and send to their families in Mexico to live. Of course, without any evidence, he states most those people are here illegally. But does he know that most illegal immigrants actually pay income taxes here?

Reading further, sounds like he wants to start a war with Mexico.

I guess he didn't get the memo on how Mexicans aren't the biggest problem on illegal immigration. According to pew research more than 50% come from other countries, and usually by air.

Just to note: while it's true that most illegal immigrants currently in the US are people from Mexico, that's in totality, not a yearly basis. Their numbers, yearly having been dropping since 2007 and in places like Asia to the US, have been rising yearly.

Also, most people actually come here legally, even from Mexico, they just let their Visas expire and don't go back. So, it's not like they're coming here illegally. So, a "wall" would just be a waste of money and wouldn't solve the problem.

-Nam