News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Jean Beaini

Started by Tank, February 10, 2016, 08:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Jean died peacefully in her sleep this morning 10th February 2016.

Unfortunately her posts have yet to be recovered from the crash.

This is her facebook page about her Iranian husband and the book she wrote about their marriage.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

:( that's very sad but I'm glad she had a peaceful end. 

Even though she didn't post on here much I got to know her over twitter and I found reading her book truly fascinating.

Thanks for letting us know Tank.

Recusant

I read her book as well, and enjoyed it very much. Sad to hear that she's gone.  :sadnod:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Very sorry to see this.  I enjoyed both her book and her posts on this forum as well.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

This came as a shock. Sad to hear.  :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on February 10, 2016, 08:21:59 PM
If I have some sort of concrete examples, I can look into that.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 17, 2016, 08:12:09 AM
Quote from: Tank on February 10, 2016, 08:21:59 PM
If I have some sort of concrete examples, I can look into that.

Have a look to links to this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jean-Beaini-Love-Mohammad-Memoir-x/dp/B00NBJL73Q

We had it as a book of the month a while ago.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

If I find threads, I'll post them whole. Separated posts... I'll try to combine them into a superthread.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on February 17, 2016, 08:42:42 AM
If I find threads, I'll post them whole. Separated posts... I'll try to combine them into a superthread.
Thank you.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on February 17, 2016, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on February 17, 2016, 08:42:42 AM
Thank you.

Gosh, I remember when she joined the forum, and even responding to her in the Introduction thread about her book and the book club.
I believe I have it downloaded on my Nook, but never read it...think I got too busy last year with work and planning my daughters wedding.

I also remember everyone here who read the book enjoyed it, I'll have to check my Nook this weekend and get started on it.

Sad to hear of her death.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Asmodean Prime

Well, I've put my Prime hat on.

I've located some posts and a thread or two in the remnants of the old DB, which I'm going to push to the forum this evening (Time unknown, but likely close to midnight, UTC)

The forum may be set in maintenance mode for the duration of the push, but I expect it to go fast enough not to be necessary.

Ali

I know this is very old, but it came as a sad shock. I enjoyed her book very much, and she seemed like a very kind and serene person. I'm glad that it was peaceful at least.

Ecurb Noselrub

Nice to hear from you again, Ali.