News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Graphics Interchange Format (WARNING)

Started by Magdalena, October 26, 2015, 01:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 02, 2017, 03:49:02 AM
Mags, I woke up feeling a bit down this morning, but now I want to dance after hearing your great news.
Awww, hermes2015, why are you feeling a bit down this morning? Is it because of..."stuff?"... :sadcheer:
You don't have to tell me/us about it if you don't want to. But I am glad that my news made you want to dance.

:secrets1: I'm thinking about calling the people who read my MRI wrong, and telling them to stop smoking weed at work.  :reading:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on November 02, 2017, 06:08:37 PM
Mags, I woke up feeling a bit down this morning, but now I want to dance after hearing your great news.
Awww, hermes2015, why are you feeling a bit down this morning? Is it because of..."stuff?"... :sadcheer:
You don't have to tell me/us about it if you don't want to. But I am glad that my news made you want to dance.

:secrets1: I'm thinking about calling the people who read my MRI wrong, and telling them to stop smoking weed at work.  :reading:

Thank you so much for asking. I am not a morning person and normally wake up feeling rough, but for some reason it was worse than usual today. Don't know why; I'm not sick or anything.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 02, 2017, 06:20:44 PM

Thank you so much for asking. I am not a morning person and normally wake up feeling rough, but for some reason it was worse than usual today. Don't know why; I'm not sick or anything.
I'm glad to hear that you're not sick or anything. I'm not a morning person either and I know what you mean when you say that some mornings are worse than others....but yeah...we gotta get up.  :-\ Don't we?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

I called, they said to bring the disk back to them.

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on November 02, 2017, 06:39:28 PM

I'm glad to hear that you're not sick or anything. I'm not a morning person either and I know what you mean when you say that some mornings are worse than others....but yeah...we gotta get up.  :-\ Don't we?

Yes, we have to. And then I look in the mirror and I wonder who this old man is.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

I have no understanding of the happy waker upper types of humans.  My wife is one of those. Except for that I like her.

In my case, I am a slothful creature in the mornings. In my younger days I almost had to jerk off just to get my heart started if it was before 9 AM.  Now I just force myself to get up, go potty, make a cup of tea, go back to bed with the newspaper, and sleep some more after that.  Ahhhhh, the arms of Morpheus are sweet.

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 02, 2017, 06:47:13 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 02, 2017, 06:39:28 PM

Yes, we have to. And then I look in the mirror and I wonder who this old man is.

I think we've all been there.

If I were you, I would ask the reflexion:
"Who is this good looking old man?  :eyebrow: How did you make it this far? I'm sure it wasn't because you were a fool.  :smileshake: Who is this good looking old man who hates mornings, but continues to greet each morning with a sincere smile?...OK, maybe by noon,  :notsure: and after he has had large quantities of coffee, but still...each day is greeted with a sincere smile."  :smilenod:

A friend of mine made a comment about the mornings, I wrote it down, but unfortunately, I lost it.  :(

My dear, Davin, could you share with us that comment you made about the sun, every morning? It was about the sun thinking it owned the place, or something like that. To you it was just a comment you made, to me, it was an inspirational phrase or prayer you say on that particular Monday morning when you didn't sleep well the night before. I called the poem, "The Imsonical's Monday Morning Prayer."  :grin:

~I really hope you can find it.  ;D

hermes2015

Quote from: Magdalena on November 03, 2017, 03:23:59 AM
..... "Who is this good looking old man?  :eyebrow: How did you make it this far? I'm sure it wasn't because you were a fool.  :smileshake: Who is this good looking old man who hates mornings, but continues to greet each morning with a sincere smile?...OK, maybe by noon,  :notsure: and after he has had large quantities of coffee, but still...each day is greeted with a sincere smile."  :smilenod: ....

Mags, those are poetic words. I can imagine Joan Baez singing them.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 03, 2017, 03:34:36 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 03, 2017, 03:23:59 AM
..... "Who is this good looking old man?  :eyebrow: How did you make it this far? I'm sure it wasn't because you were a fool.  :smileshake: Who is this good looking old man who hates mornings, but continues to greet each morning with a sincere smile?...OK, maybe by noon,  :notsure: and after he has had large quantities of coffee, but still...each day is greeted with a sincere smile."  :smilenod: ....

Mags, those are poetic words. I can imagine Joan Baez singing them.
;D
Thank you.
I think I'm more of a Puff The Magic Dragon -- Peter, Paul & Mary Juana.   :grin:

But seriously, what you said this morning, "...And then I look in the mirror and I wonder who this old man is." --Had me thinking all day.

~What I said is something that was inspired by you, so yes, it would be poetic, wouldn't it?  ;)

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on December 07, 2017, 04:03:04 PM

Awwww....Father:therethere:

Maybe getting a dog wasn't a good idea.
You can still get a sweet, loving cat.  :grin:

Icarus

That sweet little dog looks like he will grow up to be a Doberman. When he does, the cat may not live long if he continues to antagonize the Dobe.  Alternatively, they may become best friends.  I have seen that happen between dog and cat.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74