News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Vatican: It's OK to believe in aliens...

Started by joeactor, May 13, 2008, 08:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

I just can't make this sh*t up:
http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?Cate ... tegoryID=0

Found it on Fark.com - here's their headline:
"If you are a Catholic who believes in aliens, good news: You are no longer going to hell. In related developments, The Pope is now the head of the Church of Scientology too"

Lively discussion as always.

Xenu, take me away!,
JoeActor

Will

I can't imagine a religious (Catholic) argument outlining belief in aliens as a sin. There's no scriptural evidence that extra terrestrial life is wrong in any way.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

jassi4010709

Quote from: "joeactor"I just can't make this sh*t up:
http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?Cate ... tegoryID=0

Found it on Fark.com - here's their headline:
"If you are a Catholic who believes in aliens, good news: You are no longer going to hell. In related developments, The Pope is now the head of the Church of Scientology too"

Lively discussion as always.

Xenu, take me away!,
JoeActor

oh wow....scientology?......WOW  if theres any proof that the vatican has no interest in religion....its this.

(apart from the ownership if countries, nazi treaty, government control,historical factual decisions, astronomy, science, descisions in war....taking billions a year, no taxes etc etc)

McQ

Quote from: "Willravel"I can't imagine a religious (Catholic) argument outlining belief in aliens as a sin. There's no scriptural evidence that extra terrestrial life is wrong in any way.

Heh, you ought to see what the independent baptists think of "Aliens". The cat-licks got nothing on them!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

myleviathan

The Southern Baptist church thinks aliens are actually demons. They attribute all 'paranormal' activity to demons. Along with dinosaur bones. "Devils put 'em there". I have heard this with my own ears.  :eek:
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

McQ

Quote from: "myleviathan"The Southern Baptist church thinks aliens are actually demons. They attribute all 'paranormal' activity to demons. Along with dinosaur bones. "Devils put 'em there". I have heard this with my own ears.  :eek:

Yep, same thing with the independent fundy baptists, and a few others, I'm sure.

How lame.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

LARA

You know what this means don't you?  Space missionaries, my friends.  Mother Theresa at zero G. Holy floating blessed virgin on the dashboard along with a vial of sacred magical  water to baptize the newly found life forms.  Christ be with you and don't forget your laser cannon.  I can see it now.        :D
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.
                                                                                                                    -Winston Smith, protagonist of 1984 by George Orwell

SteveS

Quote from: "LARA"You know what this means don't you? Space missionaries, my friends.
Hehe, I was thinking exactly the same thing....

myleviathan

YOU GUYS MUST LOOK INTO A BOOK CALLED "THE SPARROW" BY MARY DORIA RUSSELL. IT FEATURES JESUIT MISSIONARIES...... IN SPACE! NO FUCKING JOKE! THEY MAKE FIRST CONTACT WITH AN ALIEN RACE! CHECK IT OUT, PLEASE!
"On the moon our weekends are so far advanced they encompass the entire week. Jobs have been phased out. We get checks from the government, and we spend it on beer! Mexican beer! That's the cheapest of all beers." --- Ignignokt & Err

MariaEvri

This reminded me a day when I was in highschool. A priest came to talk to us, and he was asked if he believed in aliens. He said "why not", and he suggested that if there ARE aliens, then it would bea chance to preach religion to them.
This made me laugh, thinking of the theory that says that aliens created religion heh
Anyway, personally I think there are aliens, but not as Hollywood wants them to be.
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com