News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Hello to everybody around

Started by Freethinker, March 16, 2008, 07:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freethinker

Hello to everyone, I'm glad I have found other fellow atheists.

I have written a report (rough draft) on religion and how it has affected people. For your convenience, the report is included in the attachment. It is written under an alias and I am happy to finally share it with people who understand. Please let me know what you make of it.

Whitney

Welcome to the forum, Freethinker.

Your report seems good for a rough draft and I'm guesing the final draft will include refrences to some of the events and books are mentioned throughout the report.  One thing I did see is that you called Darwin's origins an athiest book...I wouldn't do that since it was a book about evolution theory and not atheism.  I don't think that evolution is an atheistic theory.  Oh, and no one really believes in the FSM...you could describe scientology instead of FSM...the evil lord Xenu is just as crazy of an idea.

What is this report for?

tacoma_kyle

Aside from grammer crap, I cant be restructured a little and turn out every good. Try to order them in some way. Teachers like that.

I dont think using terms like 'nutcase' are preferred lol. In the media figures section. Also some quotation mark in the same place.

Bet seriously, your 13? Damn, that is really quite well for someone your age.
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

Freethinker

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Welcome to the forum, Freethinker.

Your report seems good for a rough draft and I'm guesing the final draft will include refrences to some of the events and books are mentioned throughout the report.  One thing I did see is that you called Darwin's origins an athiest book...I wouldn't do that since it was a book about evolution theory and not atheism.  I don't think that evolution is an atheistic theory.  Oh, and no one really believes in the FSM...you could describe scientology instead of FSM...the evil lord Xenu is just as crazy of an idea.

What is this report for?

You're right. Orgin of the Species is not an atheist book. Thanks for pointing that out.

The FSM is not a real religion, true, so I will go into Scientology instead. Thanks!

I just wrote the report for fun: maybe to release bottled-up anger at religion that I've had for years and only coming to realize in the last year. I used to be agnostic, but about six months ago I became athiest.

Freethinker

Quote from: "tacoma_kyle"Aside from grammer crap, I cant be restructured a little and turn out every good. Try to order them in some way. Teachers like that.

I dont think using terms like 'nutcase' are preferred lol. In the media figures section. Also some quotation mark in the same place.

Bet seriously, your 13? Damn, that is really quite well for someone your age.
'

Sorry for the double post.

I am going to put them in order based on subject. That'll make it look nicer. Any suggestions on what to do with it after writing the final draft?

"Nutcase" is not the nicest term and makes me sound uneducated. I'll try to be nicer in the final draft.

And thank you: most people like my writing a lot for my age :D

tacoma_kyle

Whoops...haha I meant to say 'it can be restructured'...
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

Whitney

Quote from: "Freethinker"Any suggestions on what to do with it after writing the final draft?

Well, I use to have a place here for posting essay material...but our knowledge base got killed by hackers and I haven't had the time to figure out how to restore it yet.

There are all sorts of things you can do with your essay...if it's long enough it could be it's own website or you could make it a series of blog entries; self publish it on cafe press...keep adding to it for a year or two and you'll have a book.