News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Hi!

Started by Eris, March 15, 2008, 01:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eris

Hi!
Hello all! It's so nice to find a place to interact with people of like mind.

I've been an atheist for less than a year and am still trying to grow out of some fundie Christian paradigms. It's been a struggle, but it's been rewarding so far. Rational people are the most refreshing people to be around. I'm happy finally be one.  :D

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys!

Seek the truth, come whence it may, cost what it may.

SteveS

Hello Eris - welcome to the forum!  That's a cool picture (of Eris I presume  :wink:  ).

Whitney

Hey Eris, welcome to the forum.

tacoma_kyle

Nice isnt it?

Welcome!
Me, my projects and random pictures, haha.

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/tacoma_kyle/

"Tom you gotta come out of the closet, oh my gawd!" lol

McQ

Welcome to the forum. Also, welcome to all those folks who joined this past week. Sorry I haven't been around to respond individually, but I've been away in Phoenix all week at a business meeting. No access to the forum.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

Welcome to the forum, Eris.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Quote from: "McQ"... I've been away in Phoenix all week at a business meeting. ..

I thought I felt a disturbance in the force!  Next time, send me an email and we'll get together for a beer.

Do this you will....

BleedingOrchid

Quote from: "Eris"I've been an atheist for less than a year and am still trying to grow out of some fundie Christian paradigms. It's been a struggle, but it's been rewarding so far. Rational people are the most refreshing people to be around. I'm happy finally be one.

Give yourself time to let go of the old Xtian beliefs & become more comfortable in your atheist skin.  Sometimes, I find myself being drawn back into what I was taught as a child. However, atheist thought will feel like an "old hat" after awhile. WELCOME TO THE BOARD!
Here we are
Upon your stage
The love we share
The dreams we'll save
They're bleeding the orchid...~Smashing Pumpkins

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"Welcome to the forum, Eris.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Quote from: "McQ"... I've been away in Phoenix all week at a business meeting. ..

I thought I felt a disturbance in the force!  Next time, send me an email and we'll get together for a beer.

Do this you will....

Yeah, along about Wednesday afternoon I realized that I could have given you a heads-up before I arrived. I was kicking myself for not remembering to tell you I'd be in town. I would have enjoyed hanging out one evening with you.

I promise, next time I'm in your neck of the desert, I'll holler ahead of time. Drinks are on me!
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Eris

Thank you all for the kind welcome!
Seek the truth, come whence it may, cost what it may.