News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Political Picture Dump

Started by Asmodean, February 03, 2014, 12:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: OldGit on February 03, 2014, 10:12:31 AM
No fool, that Führer.  Shame about the moustache, though.
Indeed, a fool he was not. Lacking in some areas, true, but still... Shame some people insist on throwing around nazi accusations when they hear something like this. Apparently, to them, whatever Hitler might have said is wrong for the simple reason that he said it... And that probably includes "Good morning"
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Dobermonster on February 03, 2014, 11:03:32 AM
He looks weird in that picture - is that pre-Fuhrer?
It's David Cameron the current UK prime minister.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Asmodean on February 03, 2014, 12:29:07 PM
Quote from: OldGit on February 03, 2014, 10:12:31 AM
No fool, that Führer.  Shame about the moustache, though.
Indeed, a fool he was not. Lacking in some areas, true, but still... Shame some people insist on throwing around nazi accusations when they hear something like this. Apparently, to them, whatever Hitler might have said is wrong for the simple reason that he said it... And that probably includes "Good morning"

That's what you get when you try to live in a world without shades of grey.

I had a teacher's assistant in High School that once engaged my history class in a debate over whether Hitler should be considered a hero.  Obviously not, he did far too much harm to counter what good he did, but thought-provoking all the same.  Guy knew his shit, too.  I believe he was a WWII vet.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2014, 03:23:45 PM

They should have also placed Blair in it as well, his little gang did more in that area than the Tories have done for a long time.
Retired member.

OldGit

Quote from: CrowThey should have also placed Blair in it as well, his little gang did more in that area than the Tories have done for a long time.

Quite right!  As to the picture, I also suspect it's not really Hitler.  And it does look a bit like Cameron, that's true, but then it doesn't look much like Hitler, so you can't compare the two.

Dobermonster

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2014, 03:23:45 PM

Oh of course it is. I knew he looked familiar.

Icarus

^ I like it. There are a lot of posters of that sort floating around out there. They are simple factual accounts. They are anathema for the tea partiers and other far right ignoramuses who systematically ignore the recent history of their past leaders. Why there is so much vitriol directed toward Obama is bewildering. Half our population seriously believes Obama to be the spawn of the devil. He may not be our most illustrious president but compared to G.W. Bush he is a genius. 

Pasta Chick

Most of the ebola paranoia, at least as far as politics go, comes from a gross misunderstanding of circumstance.  For example, I've heard many call on our president to "close the Southern border".  Which goes right back to the discussion of America's Great Wall we had a while back.  Also demands such as "close all direct flights from Liberia."  Of which there are none; there is currently no non-stop air service from Liberia to the US. 

Crow

Quote from: Icarus on October 19, 2014, 10:08:21 PM
^ I like it. There are a lot of posters of that sort floating around out there. They are simple factual accounts. They are anathema for the tea partiers and other far right ignoramuses who systematically ignore the recent history of their past leaders. Why there is so much vitriol directed toward Obama is bewildering. Half our population seriously believes Obama to be the spawn of the devil. He may not be our most illustrious president but compared to G.W. Bush he is a genius. 

I don't really think there vitriol actually has much to do with Obama, even though he has become the effigy they like to direct their anger towards. It has more to do with the slow change of societal norms, or rather what they perceive to be the beginnings of change where they lose power and are not the top of the food chain.
Retired member.

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Icarus

^   The grim truth revealed in a single picture.  >:(

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey