News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Quote from: Velma on June 16, 2018, 07:11:24 PM
What I have done is post before I had sufficient caffeine in my system.  ;D

How did you even manage to start your computer?
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on June 17, 2018, 05:45:43 AM

Pavlovian conditioning?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

I now have an even lower opinion of politicians and politics.

A bill was due to be debated in the Commons to make "upskirting" illegal. Conservative MP Sir Christopher Chope  used a rarish procedure to prevent the debate and make it difficult to bring it back, he merely shouted, "Object!" when the bill was prpposed.

Now he says that he is being unfairly demonised, even by members of his own party, and now claims that he is, in fact, in favour of the bill.

Shithead!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44513497
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Velma

Quote from: Tank on June 17, 2018, 06:28:14 AM
Quote from: Bluenose on June 17, 2018, 05:45:43 AM

Pavlovian conditioning?
The computer was already on. I just had to wake it up.  8)

Now I do have something to be grumpy about. I finally got what most would consider to be a good night's sleep, eight hours straight through. However, I feel worse than I did after a week of not sleeping well.  >:(
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Velma

Quote from: Dave on June 17, 2018, 06:10:11 PM
I now have an even lower opinion of politicians and politics.

A bill was due to be debated in the Commons to make "upskirting" illegal. Conservative MP Sir Christopher Chope  used a rarish procedure to prevent the debate and make it difficult to bring it back, he merely shouted, "Object!" when the bill was prpposed.

Now he says that he is being unfairly demonised, even by members of his own party, and now claims that he is, in fact, in favour of the bill.

Shithead!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44513497
I read about that. "Shithead" is an appropriate descriptor.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Velma

Something else to be grumpy about. Last night I went to the grocery store. My husband wanted some strawberry ice cream and some chocolate ice cream. The store had neither in his favorite brand. How does a store run out of two of the most popular flavors of one of the most popular ice cream brands in the country?!  :rant1:

Dave

Quote from: Velma on June 17, 2018, 07:55:21 PM
Something else to be grumpy about. Last night I went to the grocery store. My husband wanted some strawberry ice cream and some chocolate ice cream. The store had neither in his favorite brand. How does a store run out of two of the most popular flavors of one of the most popular ice cream brands in the country?!  :rant1:

Er, perhaps "favourite" is the clue there - too much demand and big stores get priority restocking. Of, if it is Tesco, standard lousy stock control and planning combined with uneven stock allocation between grades of stores.

Oh, BTW, re Sir Shithead, MP, he now says he did it to sort of protect the Upskirting bill, stop it being just nodded through, get it made stronger by debate. Yeah, could be . . .

Velma

Quote from: Dave on June 17, 2018, 08:26:55 PM

Er, perhaps "favourite" is the clue there - too much demand and big stores get priority restocking. Of, if it is Tesco, standard lousy stock control and planning combined with uneven stock allocation between grades of stores.
That is probably the reason. However, I can still gripe about it.  ;D

Quote from: Dave on June 17, 2018, 08:26:55 PMOh, BTW, re Sir Shithead, MP, he now says he did it to sort of protect the Upskirting bill, stop it being just nodded through, get it made stronger by debate. Yeah, could be . . .
Or he could be trying to cover himself after the backlash started...Bloody politicians with their heads up their asses!

Dave

All the diodes down the right side of my face are aching.

Got trigeminal neuralgia type thing. Not horrendously painful but if it is capable of aching it is aching - head, eye, ear, teeth, jaw . . .

I forgot nose.

Dave

And bloody Tesco have moved stuff around again and a member of staff needed a phone app and looks down three aisles to not find what the customer before me wanted then the app and an abortive trip down one aisle to find what I wanted and then it was out of stock and Tesco is about as much use as an empty fire extinguisher in a conflagration. No, hang on, you can throw the extinguisher at a window to get out.

Six items wanted, two out of stock - par for the course.

Dragonia

Along the same lines, the tractor supply store near me is the only one within a hundred-mile radius that carries the dog food that my dog eats. There have been a couple of times through the years that they have run out of his kind and I had to switch my dog's food.... because I waited until he was OUT of food before I dragged my butt to the store.
So then I get to deal with a dog with an upset tummy... I guess that's what I get for being a procrastinator....
But how can they let something go out of stock if they're the ONLY ones who carry something????  :rant1:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Quote from: Dragonia on June 24, 2018, 06:27:43 PM

Along the same lines, the tractor supply store near me is the only one within a hundred-mile radius that carries the dog food that my dog eats. There have been a couple of times through the years that they have run out of his kind and I had to switch my dog's food.... because I waited until he was OUT of food before I dragged my butt to the store.
So then I get to deal with a dog with an upset tummy... I guess that's what I get for being a procrastinator....
But how can they let something go out of stock if they're the ONLY ones who carry something????  :rant1:

You only carry a critical stock level 'cos "excess" inventory = idle money that could have been earning interest.

When everyone went barcode crazy we were told that it meant that stocking levels would be automatically replenished when they fell below a certain level.

Ha, ha, flipping, ha, ha!

jumbojak

Quote from: Dave on June 24, 2018, 12:41:25 PM

Got trigeminal neuralgia type thing. Not horrendously painful but if it is capable of aching it is aching - head, eye, ear, teeth, jaw . . .

I forgot nose.

Diodes? Are you a cyborg Dave?

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on June 24, 2018, 07:25:41 PM
Quote from: Dave on June 24, 2018, 12:41:25 PM

I forgot nose.

Diodes? Are you a cyborg Dave?

Well, my heart is paced and monitored and automatically given a slap if it misbehaves - so I do depend on a bunch of implanted electronics.

Just indicating that I knew a bit of how Marvin the Paranoid Android might have felt.

Seems trigeminal neuralgia is caused by damage to that major nerve's myelin insulation.

Velma

Quote from: Dave on June 24, 2018, 01:41:26 PM
And bloody Tesco have moved stuff around again and a member of staff needed a phone app and looks down three aisles to not find what the customer before me wanted then the app and an abortive trip down one aisle to find what I wanted and then it was out of stock and Tesco is about as much use as an empty fire extinguisher in a conflagration. No, hang on, you can throw the extinguisher at a window to get out.

Six items wanted, two out of stock - par for the course.
That's how my trips to the store usually go. If I need four things, I'll have to go to three different stores. I swear, if I drank milk, every store in the area would be completely out the next time I needed it.