News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: No one on May 18, 2018, 06:04:52 AM
Saw some poor clod the other day with a flat on their donut.

It must have been a big donut, unless it was a tiny apartment.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Guardian85

Quote from: Dave on May 17, 2018, 06:00:23 PM
I need to find a nice dry, remote cave to live in until the mass media, and public, madness over the "Royal Wedding" .

Need vehicle access to get all the vino, food and books to. But no electronics except an SAR beacon - just in case.

Impossible to listen to the radio, any of my chosen channels, without some, often repeated, clip about some aspect of the royal ding dong or other aspect of marriage in general!
Do what I do. Going to a pistol shooting competition all weekend.
Gonna be a lot of fun if the weather gods are willing, and no one there is likely to be going on about weddings and stuff.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

jumbojak

Pistol competition might be a bit tricky, or risky, in the UK...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on May 18, 2018, 07:22:27 PM
Pistol competition might be a bit tricky, or risky, in the UK...

Just about mpossible I think, unless they are antique muzzle loaders or something. Didn't Tank say that even the UK Olympic pistol teams have to practice elsewhere?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearms_(Amendment)_(No._2)_Act_1997
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

I've been apprehensive about my hip replacement for the last few weeks. It is scheduled for tomorrow morning, to be done by a very respected surgeon, who has performed thousands of these operations. I know it's not a big deal these days, and it usually is quite successful; nevertheless, I'm still quite grumpy about it. I hope to be back home by the weekend, if all goes well.

Try to behave yourselves while I'm away.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 22, 2018, 07:28:42 AM
I've been apprehensive about my hip replacement for the last few weeks. It is scheduled for tomorrow morning, to be done by a very respected surgeon, who has performed thousands of these operations. I know it's not a big deal these days, and it usually is quite successful; nevertheless, I'm still quite grumpy about it. I hope to be back home by the weekend, if all goes well.

I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. Hip Replacement doesn't sound like a small thing, but I'm sure knowing that it's being done by a very respected surgeon, who has performed thousands of them helps to ease some worries.

I hope all goes well. Take care, we'll be here when when you get back.

Try to behave? I'll try...but I don't know, man. :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

You wouldn't be having it done if you didn't need it, which means that life should be better once you've recovered from the operation. Being apprehensive is of course a fairly rational reaction, but I note that you've spared us till now. Looking forward to seeing you back here.  :smilenod:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

I always think I am a bit wierd because ops do not overly bother me - more bothered because only a death threat condition will induce them to give me a general anasthetic now.

But, sounds like you are in good hands, Hermes. As they said back when, "Get hip, man!"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bluenose

My 79 year old mum had a knee replacement recently.  Mum was a very naughty girl and did not do everything she was told by the physio so her recovery was a bit slow but she's in fine fettle now.  So I'd say the best thing to do is not worry about it and afterwards, follow the advice of your surgeon and whomsoever you are referred to for your rehabilitation.  You'll be glad you did!
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Thanks, guys, for all the kind words of encouragement.
― Charles Eames

Icarus

My daughter, 63,  recently had a hip replacement. She walked (slowly) out of the surgical facility the same day as the surgery.  The surgical site was very small, only about four centimeters. She was back to her energetically active ways within six weeks.

Good luck Hermes, we'll be anxiously waiting for your return......and may the force be with you.

Arturo

My friend was banned from another forum on it after I was banned. They had not even posted that day. But the ban reason was "Persistently lying and manipulating other members, causing harm." But I feel that those mods over there don't care if another member gets hurt as long as it's the mods doing the hurting. They break the rules often and have insulted me and my friends since day 1 and none of them are held accountable. But I bring any issue up with them (even if I want to take a break and say goodbye) and they get mad at me and delete my posts then send me a private message saying that I'm "triggering other members". And I posted some unsavory pictures in a thread to use up the thread because that was offending me how the moderators were acting in that thread. So I get a PM from one and I explain that and she gives me an insincere apology like they all do. But I was lead to believe that everything was okay and then I move to the other page and I'm banned. So I made a dummy account to ask why and there was this huge discussion about the mod I spoke to was away and didn't mention to the other members that they dealt with that, even though they openly say that they talk about everything. So I asked the Admin to anonymize my account (since it can't be deleted) and shortly after my friend was banned. My friend hadn't even done anything that day but posted that they are itchy. They don't deserve to be banned because they had done nothing wrong and I'm just furious over the mods there not caring who they hurt as long as they feel good about what they do. And I feel like they only banned them because they were trying to get to me. And my friend was talking about killing their self and they cut up their arm and that they deserve to be beaten raped and abused because of their being banned for over a year. And I was trying to talk them down all since yesterday up until 2 am and now they won't talk to me.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

See you soon! :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Truckers have gone on strike nationwide, which has lasted for about a week so far, and now there's a petrol supply crisis. Public transportation has stopped, food supply has stopped and supermarket items aren't being restocked. Classes have been cancelled until further notice. Planes aren't leaving the airport patio due to the lack of kerosene.

What else... :notsure:

Negotiations aren't really going anywhere so now the government is using the military to remove the truckers blocking major highways and petrol refineries. Economic losses are estimated to be about a billion reais, just in the meat sector.

Don't know what's going to happen in the next few days.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey