News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Reflections on leaving Christianity and how religion tarnished me for life

Started by TheWalkingContradiction, August 04, 2012, 04:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Stevil

Quote from: TheWalkingContradiction on August 07, 2012, 04:13:43 PM
One issue, though: One of the many reasons I say I have a female spirit is that, to me, sex is love.
Hang on, now you are thinking like a man.
Ever hear of the saying "A woman needs to feel loved to have sex but a man needs to have sex to feel loved"

Sex ain't love.

Personally, myself, I don't like physical contact, I'm weird that way. Absolutely hate it when Aunties want to give me a hug and a kiss. Grosses me out. Even if a pretty girl wants to kiss me or hug me, I just don't like people invading my personal space.

But if I really like someone, then it becomes natural. You don't even realise that this personal space has disappeared, others notice it before you do. There certainly is a natural desire to like someone, to have someone special and significant in your life. To share life with, to experience life together. I guess that is love, but it also suits procreation, without which we wouldn't continue to exist as a species. With regards to gay people, it can't lead to procreation but still the desire to love and be loved is no doubt as natural as it is for heterosexuals.

If there is a god and if that god is loving or "IS LOVE" then why would that god want people to be apart from their loved ones? It is a beautiful thing, to see two people in love. Why would that god be concerned about sex? Have you ever thought of telling off the animals or insects around you for having "improper" sex? Who really gives a toss about other's having sex? It is a personal, private thing, shared between consenting adults.