News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 30, 2017, 11:07:36 PM
Quote from: Firebird on August 30, 2017, 03:32:00 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 30, 2017, 04:41:35 AM
Cut it off and, if I'm remembering right, ate it.  Or maybe that's just something I'm thinking Ramsey would have done. 

He didn't eat it. There was a scene immediately after cutting it off where Ramsey was eating a sausage, Theon looked at it thinking it was his dick, and Ramey said "Oh come on, I'm not that kind of monster!" or something like that, so that's probably what you're thinking of.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  I also think he was that kind of monster.

Sort of like Hannibal Lector meets GoT generic pyschopath?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 30, 2017, 11:38:54 PM

Sort of like Hannibal Lector meets GoT generic pyschopath?

Like I would put nothing -- nothing at all -- past Ramsey Bolton.

A few quick questions:

Is anyone still holding out hope against hope that Tormund survived?

Does it strike anyone else as icky that as soon as the show got rid of one incestuous couple it immediately created another incestuous couple?  Just whose kink is this?

Is it possible Sam still does not know that Dany killed his father and brother in a truly horrifying way?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 31, 2017, 03:12:31 AM
Is anyone still holding out hope against hope that Tormund survived?

I think since we didn't actually see him die it's quite possible that he didn't. 

QuoteDoes it strike anyone else as icky that as soon as the show got rid of one incestuous couple it immediately created another incestuous couple?  Just whose kink is this?

:lol: In Dany and Jon's Aegon's defense, they don't know that they're aunt and nephew.

QuoteIs it possible Sam still does not know that Dany killed his father and brother in a truly horrifying way?

I don't think he knows, it's not like he has any reason to keep in touch with his family after he stole the family heirloom and left. Maybe Bran, who makes things a little boring by knowing everything, will tell him. I think he'll find out some way another soon.   

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 31, 2017, 07:28:18 PM

QuoteIs it possible Sam still does not know that Dany killed his father and brother in a truly horrifying way?

I don't think he knows, it's not like he has any reason to keep in touch with his family after he stole the family heirloom and left. Maybe Bran, who makes things a little boring by knowing everything, will tell him. I think he'll find out some way another soon.   

It just seems odd to me that Sam wouldn't have heard people talking about it during his trip from the Citadel to Winterfell.  People must be talking about that battle -- the first one in centuries with an actual dragon -- and the Tarley executions.

Btw, in my opinion Cersei still qualifies as the stupidest Lannister (tho Jaime may run a close second).  So she's going to "just" fight whoever's left after the battle between the dead and the North huh?  Apparently she hasn't thought this thru to realize that, if the victors are the dead -- and from the looks of things they probably will be -- what Cersei is going to end up fighting isn't just the dead from North of the former Wall, but all the dead from Winterfell, plus the Unsullied, the Dothraki and maybe a few Ironborn if Theon manages to save Yara.  I don't even want to think about what a Dothraki wight will be like.

If Cersei had any sense at all, she'd go ahead and send her all her forces North to fight.  If the living win, she can hire the Golden Company then to fight Dany for the Iron Throne, and if the dead win, she might as well commit suicide because all she's going to end up queen of is her own grave.  And that's if she's lucky.  Just as likely she'll be nothing but one more nameless wight in the Night King's army.

Now, if it was me, I'd immigrate to Essos post haste.  Given all the people Dany killed in her sweep thru the Slaver Cities, there are plenty of places in Essos where the population needs shoring up.  Maybe even the entirety of Kings Landing could immigrate without causing Essos any heartburn.

While I'm at it, what is it with wights and water?  Is drowning a third way a wight can die, or are they just unable to move underwater?  Do they sink to the bottom and stick there, grumbling to themselves and unable to either swim or walk out, unless someone cares enough to fetch them and it's obvious no one does?  You can always get more dead after all.

Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on August 31, 2017, 11:47:27 PM
It just seems odd to me that Sam wouldn't have heard people talking about it during his trip from the Citadel to Winterfell.  People must be talking about that battle -- the first one in centuries with an actual dragon -- and the Tarley executions.

You have a point there.

QuoteBtw, in my opinion Cersei still qualifies as the stupidest Lannister (tho Jaime may run a close second).  So she's going to "just" fight whoever's left after the battle between the dead and the North huh?  Apparently she hasn't thought this thru to realize that, if the victors are the dead -- and from the looks of things they probably will be -- what Cersei is going to end up fighting isn't just the dead from North of the former Wall, but all the dead from Winterfell, plus the Unsullied, the Dothraki and maybe a few Ironborn if Theon manages to save Yara.  I don't even want to think about what a Dothraki wight will be like.

If Cersei had any sense at all, she'd go ahead and send her all her forces North to fight.  If the living win, she can hire the Golden Company then to fight Dany for the Iron Throne, and if the dead win, she might as well commit suicide because all she's going to end up queen of is her own grave.  And that's if she's lucky.  Just as likely she'll be nothing but one more nameless wight in the Night King's army.

Yeah, but she's shown on more than one occasion that she lacks the brains to think things through. Either that or she's so blinded by her hate and jealousy that she won't think things through.

Perhaps that whole plot point was to force Jaime to leave her. I think it's he who is going to kill Cersei after all, and not Tyrion. Now that he's defecting to the other side in order to fight the dead while Mad Cersei has her head in the sand maybe it's all to advance that plotline.

QuoteNow, if it was me, I'd immigrate to Essos post haste.  Given all the people Dany killed in her sweep thru the Slaver Cities, there are plenty of places in Essos where the population needs shoring up.  Maybe even the entirety of Kings Landing could immigrate without causing Essos any heartburn.

I think I would too, though I don't think I would like the climate. :P

QuoteWhile I'm at it, what is it with wights and water?  Is drowning a third way a wight can die, or are they just unable to move underwater?  Do they sink to the bottom and stick there, grumbling to themselves and unable to either swim or walk out, unless someone cares enough to fetch them and it's obvious no one does?  You can always get more dead after all.

:notsure: Maybe they can't swim or lack the buoyancy to float?

xSilverPhinx

Thought this was cool so I decided to share it.  ;D What Game of Thrones would be like if set in the modern world.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 01, 2017, 02:53:37 AM
Thought this was cool so I decided to share it.  ;D What Game of Thrones would be like if set in the modern world.

I'd watch that.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on September 02, 2017, 07:10:00 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 01, 2017, 02:53:37 AM

I'd watch that.

;D

They should probably call it "Castle of Cards". 

Sandra Craft

Sandy

xSilverPhinx

^ :lol: The Hound's expression at the beginning!

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 24, 2018, 11:13:36 PM
Still no date?

People are hoping the first episodes will by the end of 2018, but most likely season 8 will premiere only next year. :sad sigh: