News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Old Testament Pfft, Jesus is the MAN!

Started by Stevil, May 11, 2012, 09:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waitin4godot

Quote from: Stevil on May 11, 2012, 09:39:33 PM
We sometimes have Christians on this forum state that the OT was a bit crazy
But that the teaching of Jesus made up for that, with Jesus being Mr Perfect and all.

So, again finding myself alone in a hotel room, and hotel rooms invariably having Gideon's bible, I decided to read some.

I found this gem
From Matthew, this was a psycho-bable from Mr Perfect himself

"Therefore do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' "For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things.
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

So I would like to know, do Christian's starve to death? Those horrible pictures of starving kids in Africa, god is not providing, is this because they don't seek the kingdom of god?
Why am I overweight? I do not seek the kingdom of god.

Jesus also blurted out
"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you
For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.

So are these starving children not asking for food?

And what about when Jesus said
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about its own things, Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
What kind of crap advise is this, are we to max out our credit cards, hire purchase and the like and just get what we want for today?
What about the squirrels that save nuts for the winter months or the birds that build nests so that they can have babies in the future?
Why do we bother educating ourselves, for the joy of knowledge on that day?
Why do we build schools, hospitals, roads, stadiums, recycle stations, if not for our futures?

Can anyone explain the "wisdom" of Jesus here?
yea exactly...i might also add:

"Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake?  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

Is this promise true? how many of you here have begged this "loving father" for something you really needed?
for how long can a parent see his child need something and abstain from giving it to him and still be called good and loving? The answer is usually "  god knows better what is good for you...or "what you might think is good for you isn't necessarily good in god's eyes" ...but let's apply this reasoning to a human being asking his deity for:

Faith or
Forgetting someone who hurt you or
Being able go on after the death of your child
or loving your spouse or
Meeting someone who cares for you or
ridding you of bad memories/thoughts that affect you and the ones you love or

or or or or..

All these seem good to me, they involve faith, forgetfulness,going on with your life with "hope", love,caring,emotional health..

why would a loving deity, a father, the creator of this word, the love personified, why would he deprive any human being of the above and yet promise him the opposite?what is the "best" time in his loving eyes? when will he give you the "meat" you badly need? when you have no more teeth to chew it?

All this to say that sometimes, the answer to god's silence " what you are asking for is not good for you", this answer is simply absurd, from a moral and religious point of view, and yet the loving father is not there as he supposedly promised and therefore we bad human beings have much more compassion than this fake loving deity.