Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on October 06, 2019, 10:10:19 PM
I have a copy of Dave's eulogy. I still haven't been able to read it.  :-[

Understandable.  My Dad's been dead nearly 10 years and I still haven't been able to watch the vid of his memorial service.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Red_Cloud on October 09, 2019, 05:35:13 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 09, 2019, 01:26:21 AM
Yeah ;D

I'm not too keen on apartments, instead I much prefer houses, but feel this place could be a good thing.

What you want is a tepee SP, as used by North American Indians of the Plains and Great Lakes regions.
What a wonderful way to have lived! :smilenod:

:notsure: I don't know, Red Cloud. Doesn't look too roomy. I just keep imagining myself walking towards the edges and my face colliding with the "wall". Since I'm a naturally klutzy person it wouldn't work for me at all.  ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 09, 2019, 03:25:17 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2019, 07:24:58 PM
I'm moving out. Found this great 10th-floor apartment -- quieter and with a great view of the lake nearby -- but still walking distance from the bus stop and supermarket.

It's exciting but at the same time I hate the moving process, packing everything and filling the car with junk so I can take it over to the new place, then unpacking everything so the apartment feels like home.

How are you going to decorate? Do you like bright, bold colours?

Depends. I like it as long as it doesn't feel too cartoony. I'm mostly into black, wood and silver (of course! :grin:).

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 09, 2019, 06:00:21 PM
I had Portuguese charice sausage for the first time this morning. Man that was good.

Never had that! But the Portuguese are famous for their food. Good food.  :yum:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 09, 2019, 08:01:08 PM
Quite possibly. I'm learning grappling, boxing, kickboxing, Portuguese, and have begun studying chess. I want to take up an instrument as well. I was thinking about a cheap piano but I'm drawn to the bass. *Thun Thun Thun Thun... Thun Thun Thun thun.... Boooooow....*

Go for the bass. :tellmemore:

:rockin':

jumbojak

Quote from: Dark Lightning on October 09, 2019, 09:47:34 PM
One can purchase a "Bass Box" instead of hiring a bass player. It goes "Plink, plunk, plink, plunk ad infinitum, ad nauseum..."  ;D

I wouldn't be hiring myself out. Any music I made would be for me.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 10, 2019, 03:11:11 AM
I had Portuguese charice sausage for the first time this morning. Man that was good.

Apparently it's a staple of the Azores. According to her at least.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 10, 2019, 03:12:20 AM
Quite possibly. I'm learning grappling, boxing, kickboxing, Portuguese, and have begun studying chess. I want to take up an instrument as well. I was thinking about a cheap piano but I'm drawn to the bass. *Thun Thun Thun Thun... Thun Thun Thun thun.... Boooooow....*

Yes ma'am...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 10, 2019, 04:07:46 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 10, 2019, 03:11:11 AM

Apparently it's a staple of the Azores. According to her at least.

Cool, lots of Azorians in southern Brazil, maybe I'll find some myself to try.  :let'seat:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 10, 2019, 04:08:05 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 10, 2019, 03:12:20 AM

Yes ma'am...

Heh, just a suggestion. :P ;)

Or...why not both? :grin:

jumbojak

I wonder if I could pull off a one-man-band thing and play both at the same time? Hmm.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 10, 2019, 04:35:53 AM
I wonder if I could pull off a one-man-band thing and play both at the same time? Hmm.

Worth a try, I think. :popcorn: What's the worst that can happen?  :sidesmile:

jumbojak

Broken piano? Shattered bass? I'm sure it'll be fine...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on October 10, 2019, 04:45:21 AM
Broken piano? Shattered bass? I'm sure it'll be fine...

It'll be fine, even if the instruments suffer erm, minor damage.  ;D

:P

hermes2015

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 10, 2019, 03:09:58 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on October 09, 2019, 03:25:17 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 08, 2019, 07:24:58 PM
I'm moving out. Found this great 10th-floor apartment -- quieter and with a great view of the lake nearby -- but still walking distance from the bus stop and supermarket.

It's exciting but at the same time I hate the moving process, packing everything and filling the car with junk so I can take it over to the new place, then unpacking everything so the apartment feels like home.

How are you going to decorate? Do you like bright, bold colours?

Depends. I like it as long as it doesn't feel too cartoony. I'm mostly into black, wood and silver (of course! :grin:).

I was just wondering whether the Portuguese love of bright colours has influenced your taste in Brazil. When I travel there are some Portuguese TV channels in some hotels, and I always notice that the talk and game show sets are decorated in very bright, primary colours. The same goes for the clothing of the audiences. I assumed it was a Portuguese trait, because the opposite is true of French and German TV shows. I haven't seen much Scandinavian TV, but I would imagine they also favour more subdued schemes.

My own taste is mainly for black and white neutral schemes.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames