News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Reasons To Be Sad Thread

Started by Arturo, May 16, 2018, 02:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

Well Arturo, I hope this forum can be a safe haven.  I have made some great friends here, even though I'm not the most prolific poster here, I really have come to think of this place as one of my true homes on the Interwebz.  I am glad that you are here.  Take care.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Bluenose on May 30, 2018, 03:20:17 AM
Well Arturo, I hope this forum can be a safe haven.  I have made some great friends here, even though I'm not the most prolific poster here, I really have come to think of this place as one of my true homes on the Interwebz.  I am glad that you are here.  Take care.

Bluenose, I feel the same as you about our HAF community of friends. One of the first things I do every morning is to check the new messages.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Bluenose on May 27, 2018, 03:38:41 PM

Now for the reason I came to this thread, I get incredibly choked up when I think about my old ship, the Australian aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne, being towed away to be broken up after being stripped of all the important gear and being moored, rusting away at "the dolphins" in Sydney harbour for several years.  We had moments when we thought she might get some dignity when she broke her tow several times on the way up the east coast, but in the end she was taken to Shanghai and mostly converted to razor blades.  It's hard to explain one's attachment to a ship one has served in, it's a lot like that towards a parent, it was our home, our workplace and our recreation space.  It was something like 34 years ago, but it still cuts to the quick. So sad...

Would you have been happier with it sunk as a reef/dive site?
I heard some Coffs Harbour person saying they'd like one.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.