News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

why does it come naturally for you to to be yourself?

Started by MusicLovingAtheist, December 22, 2014, 01:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MusicLovingAtheist on December 23, 2014, 02:57:39 PMCome on though, that sweetheart thing was gold comedy.

I didn't think that was funny. I'm trying to understand you and why you're such an angry individual MLA but I've given up on trying to understand your sense of humour.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

MusicLovingAtheist

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 23, 2014, 05:13:11 PM
QuoteErase this notion that I think school shooters are relateable. I just said that because I thought maybe I could convince some people of that. I realize that people are not that stupid. In reality I just like serial killers because some of them seem like interesting people. Not all of them, some of them seem like idiots (just like any normal person). So yeah, I probably shouldn't have said that, but I wanted to see if I could convince some people to think that way.

First off, this is pretty much the definition of trolling.  If you can't figure out why people don't like being trolled, I can't help you.

Everything you post seems to be compety arbitrary, and most of it contradicts itself.  There's really no way to work with that, especially since you blame us when we point out that it's contradictory.  Lately you seem to be under the impression that being online means no one knows who you are or will learn anything about you.  That's complete bullshit.  What you present is who you are.  That's true in any aspect of life.  People on HAF easily know more about me than people I see on a regular basis.  It's because I enjoy written communication and I'm not terribly good at socializing one on one or in large groups. 

If you want to post a thought experiment, that's cool.  Fucking tell us it's a thought experiment. 

For instance, "I would like to step outside the moral standard of simply "school shootings = bad".  Perpetrators are often victims of severe bullying themselves.  Is there a case for sympathy and support for them?  Cases in which the shooting victims deserved it?"  And so on.

I garauntee a much different conversation will ensue than after posting "Society has it all wrong.  Shooters are the real victims here.  Also serial killers are amazing people.  How can everyone be so obtuse as to judge these poor people?"  Which is more or less what you did. 

I think about how I word things all the time.  It's a skill.  It comes easier to some people than others.  Just like anything else. 
I can jive with this.