Started by Nam, February 19, 2016, 07:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

Quote from: Magdalena on February 21, 2016, 11:12:53 PM
Quote from: Nam on February 20, 2016, 06:00:29 PM

http://www.atheistthinktank.org/index.php?topic=9168.0

-Nam

I went there, and I have a question.
What is this: IQ: +345/-187 --thing you guys have under your avatar?

It's how smart or stupid people think your comments are. This website could have it, Admin chooses not to have it.

-Nam
I'm on the road less traveled...

Siz

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on February 22, 2016, 12:05:30 AM
Quote from: Siz on February 19, 2016, 07:16:49 PM
(I've taken a ban from a Satanist forum myself before)

The Satanists banned you?  Now that's a story I wouldn't mind hearing, tho I expect it would need to be on another thread.

Nothing as exciting as you might imagine. I got a weeks ban for a smartass one-liner. They don't like those at 600club. You get a special mention and your own post in the Hall of Shame which explains publicly what you did. The worst bit, though, is that you're locked out of reading anything. That was... Hell!

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Magdalena

Quote from: Nam on February 22, 2016, 12:29:31 AM

-Nam

It's how smart or stupid people think your comments are. This website could have it, Admin chooses not to have it.

-Nam
Interesting.  :chin:

It's how smart or stupid people think your comments are...
If your score is: IQ: +345/-187, you would want the world to know that the world thinks your comments are smart.
If my score is: IQ: -345/+187, I wouldn't want the world to know that the world thinks my comments are stupid....because...well...what if they're really not?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Nam

About a quarter of my smites at att were from me saying Pick Floyd sucks.

-Nam

Firebird

Quote from: Nam on February 22, 2016, 02:25:47 AM

-Nam

Yeah, they're terrible. Good thing you didn't say anything about Pink Floyd
;)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

-Nam

-Nam
That must be the Karma setting. And yes, we have debated turning it on. But it's ability to be divisive means it's unlikely to be switched on at Happy Atheist.

Serious question Nam. Have you ever considered starting your own forum? Go Daddy will host it for $100 a year for a 3 year contract. You couldn't get banned there.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

-Nam

They sound like a decent bunch to me.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Recusant

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2016, 06:32:19 AMSerious question Nam. Have you ever considered starting your own forum? Go Daddy will host it for $100 a year for a 3 year contract. You couldn't get banned there.

I'm a member of a nominally atheist forum that doesn't ban for just about anything but blatant and continued harassment of a fellow member. Even then, the normal course of events is for a "council" of randomly chosen members to be convened to review the case before the ban can be finalized. Often, they don't play very nice there, but I've found it a worthwhile site.

I'd like you to stick around Nam, for various reasons of my own, but if you're interested, PM me, and I'll give you a link to that other site.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny

-Nam

Say something once, why say it again?
Two or three, maybe four or five but,
187/4 is 47ish, forty seven is impolite.
I hate people when they're not polite.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: Siz on February 19, 2016, 12:57:46 PM
What if everyone here agrees with you? What're you gonna do then?
The Grumpily-Omnidisagreeable One. We will have to look to Him to save the day.

Magdalena

Day 3

Dear diary,

Still no arguing.
Maybe tomorrow.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Nam

Quote from: Tank on February 22, 2016, 06:32:19 AM

-Nam

-Nam
That must be the Karma setting. And yes, we have debated turning it on. But it's ability to be divisive means it's unlikely to be switched on at Happy Atheist.

Serious question Nam. Have you ever considered starting your own forum? Go Daddy will host it for $100 a year for a 3 year contract. You couldn't get banned there.

You could go wwgha's route: make people explain why they are applauding or smiting them.

To your second: I did once. Lasted a bit over two years in conjunction with some friends but we all went back to the website we originally were at. Anyway, when I'm a part of admin, I'm usually nicer based on the position I'm holding. I do not care for authority abusing their powers, so I'd be a hypocrite if I acted like myself in a position of authority. In my opinion.

-Nam

Nam

Quote from: Magdalena on February 22, 2016, 08:33:15 PM
Day 3

Dear diary,

Still no arguing.
Maybe tomorrow.

I'm sorry. I'm still scoping the place out. Also, y'all have a lot of threads I don't really care for that are more active than others.

-Nam

Magdalena

^^^
Good, arguments soon...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Nam on February 22, 2016, 09:00:53 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on February 22, 2016, 08:33:15 PM
Day 3

Dear diary,

Still no arguing.
Maybe tomorrow.

I'm sorry. I'm still scoping the place out. Also, y'all have a lot of threads I don't really care for that are more active than others.

-Nam

So start your own threads. They might not be as active as those but still...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey