News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on August 09, 2016, 07:52:35 PM
. . . I still manage to keep a good work-life-balance.

Very, very, very important, more so than even more money!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Guardian85

Trying to turn the car around at the end of a country road I managed to back it into a branch protruding from a tree.
Of course the back window promptly exploded in a lovely cascade of glass shrapnel.  >:(
Won't get it in the shop until the 18th either.

Just hope my insurance will cover it....

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Essie Mae

Quote from: Guardian85 on August 11, 2016, 07:09:11 PM
Trying to turn the car around at the end of a country road I managed to back it into a branch protruding from a tree.
Of course the back window promptly exploded in a lovely cascade of glass shrapnel.  >:(
Won't get it in the shop until the 18th either.

I hope so too, but it's also the hassle one split second event - seems never-ending.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Asmodean

Check to see if it's not cheaper to just get a new window installed rather than paying your insurance deductible. I came up at a loss once, not having done that.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on August 11, 2016, 07:42:21 PM
Check to see if it's not cheaper to just get a new window installed rather than paying your insurance deductible. I came up at a loss once, not having done that.

Agreed. When I stupidly put a wooden pole through my windshield the shop that I took it to discounted a replacement by around 200 dollars because I paid in cash instead of going through insurance.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

:sigh: I really hurt my lower back, and don't really know how.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 12, 2016, 02:34:30 AM

That's awful. Hope it heals quickly. :(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on August 12, 2016, 02:36:50 AM

That's awful. Hope it heals quickly. :(

Me too.  :( And I don't like taking pain meds because they make me feel sleepy.

I would classify lower back pain third on my list of most annoying pains:

1) toothache;
2) ear ache;
3) how-the-hell-did-I-get-this?! lower back pain.

Magdalena

:therethere:
Just take the pain meds that you don't like to take...and go to sleep.  :P

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on August 12, 2016, 05:18:03 AM
Just take the pain meds that you don't like to take...and go to sleep.  :P

:lol:

Now I sort of wish I had. It's 2 in the morning and I'm wide awake. I should get someone to buy some for me. :grin:

Dave

{{{xSP}}}

Been there!

Oodles of sympathy.

xSilverPhinx

Thanks Gloucester. I took a pain med and it's not as bad today. I didn't even feel half as drowsy as I thought I would, there could be something psychosomatic going on there...

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 13, 2016, 11:23:50 AM
Thanks Gloucester. I took a pain med and it's not as bad today. I didn't even feel half as drowsy as I thought I would, there could be something psychosomatic going on there...
I seem to be a bit sedative and pre-med resistant. Probably psychosomatic in that I hate not seeing what the technology does and how they use it and not knowing shat the procedure entails.

Needed relief surgery on my carpal tunnel nerve, both hands years apart in two different places. First time it was a general, second a local. I wanted to watch the actual op but the surgeon would not let me! Strange thing was with the difference in place and time it was the same surgeon! I was heavily sedated for my first ICD implant. When that went wrong and had to be replaced my favourite cardiologist did the job. I told him I had watched the op on Youtube already so he did not sedate me and described the whole procedure. Still would not let me watch though . . .

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on August 12, 2016, 02:19:11 AM
Quote from: Asmodean on August 11, 2016, 07:42:21 PM

Agreed. When I stupidly put a wooden pole through my windshield the shop that I took it to discounted a replacement by around 200 dollars because I paid in cash instead of going through insurance.
Having talked both with the garage and the insurance guys it looks like using the insurance is going to be cheaper this time. Being a huge rear window with integrated heating and break lights it is a bit of an expensive fix.
The bigger issue right now is that they won't get the new window until the 26th. Has to be shipped from Germany.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Thick transparent greenhouse plastic and duct tape. Can be a reasonable interim fix.

You aren't losing your bonus percentages by using insurance, by the way? Because that does count towards the total cost.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.