News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

Quote...So the pyromaniac kid is getting off the hook with only a talking to?
so far it seems so.
Some say since underage kids dont get punished in this hell hole, the parents or guardians should be responsible. But from the interviews of the police I didnt see that intention
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MariaEvri on June 21, 2016, 07:39:53 PM
Quote...So the pyromaniac kid is getting off the hook with only a talking to?
so far it seems so.
Some say since underage kids dont get punished in this hell hole, the parents or guardians should be responsible. But from the interviews of the police I didnt see that intention

That kind of stuff makes me so angry. For certain crimes underaged kids should be tried as an adult.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

specially for this
fourth day in a row and the fire is still raging. We've called for help from greece, france and israel. The occupied cyprus part has also offered help but the president decline which is another bitchy point in this tragedy
www.poseidonsimons.com

OldGit

QuoteThe occupied cyprus part has also offered help but the president decline

What a shame.  This scale of disaster should be outside politics.  Still, I'm glad the TRNC made the offer.

Asmodean

Quote from: MariaEvri on June 22, 2016, 09:58:25 AM
specially for this
fourth day in a row and the fire is still raging. We've called for help from greece, france and israel. The occupied cyprus part has also offered help but the president decline which is another bitchy point in this tragedy
Hm. Toss the little motherfucker in jail, give him/her/other a sexually frustrated ex-biker bunkie who calls his penis The Big Ben and watch the evolution by natural selection do its wonders.

...Or some serious therapy. But that's a poor substitute for vengeance.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Essie Mae

Quote from: MariaEvri on June 21, 2016, 05:44:13 PM
what makes me grumpy
no
what pisses me off is that since sunday afternoon cyprus is in flames. Two firefighters lost their lives, villages are threatened and one very beautiful forest is being turned to ashes
We know how the fire started but NO ONE will be punished because the person who started it was underage
NO ONE will be pubished
two people died!!
homes are threatened
no one is punished

That's so sad Maria. I had many great holidays in Cyprus and loved the people there. Where a abouts is the fire?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

MariaEvri

solea valley if you know it. At the villages spilia, kourdali and kannavia. The fire finally stopped yesterday
The police are actually investigating now because people say the fire actually started from grandfather and not from the kid

here's a satellite image, you can se eon the right the village was barely saved http://www.philenews.com/el-gr/syzitountai-sto-diadiktyo/1330/319632/doryforiki-fotografia-apo-ti-megali-pyrkagia-stin-kypro-eikona

15square kms of pine forest
www.poseidonsimons.com

Velma

While I no longer have pain from a broken knee. I now have a different sort of pain that flares up at random moments just to make life interesting - in addition to times when my knee just hurts. I finally had to break down and take a pain pill today.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Essie Mae

Quote from: MariaEvri on June 24, 2016, 07:30:57 PM
solea valley if you know it. At the villages spilia, kourdali and kannavia. The fire finally stopped yesterday
The police are actually investigating now because people say the fire actually started from grandfather and not from the kid

here's a satellite image, you can se eon the right the village was barely saved http://www.philenews.com/el-gr/syzitountai-sto-diadiktyo/1330/319632/doryforiki-fotografia-apo-ti-megali-pyrkagia-stin-kypro-eikona

15square kms of pine forest

That's very sad; we spent a couple of days driving around the Troodos Mountains and visited on several occasions although I don't remember the names of all the villages we visited. I just know we loved the place. I hope the arsonist gets his just desserts.

Quote from: Velma on June 26, 2016, 12:51:59 AM
While I no longer have pain from a broken knee. I now have a different sort of pain that flares up at random moments just to make life interesting - in addition to times when my knee just hurts. I finally had to break down and take a pain pill today.

Sorry to hear that Velma. I hope you are feeling better now.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Velma

Thanks, Essie Mae. It is just one of those things that goes along with total knee replacement surgery. From reading the experience of others, this isn't that uncommon. Other than the random flares during the day, most of my pain is at night. Also, not uncommon. I'll have to see how it goes once I return to work tomorrow.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

I sympathise with you, Velma.

About a month ago the inferior patella bursa in my right leg decided to get a case of "-itis" - "Clergyman's knee", I have obviously been doing too much praying  ;) That led to out-of-balance walking that upset the tendons back of the knee. Leg no longer able to support weight without agony I resorted to crutches.

That did not stop the right foot getting tendonitis as well - left foot and leg now doing almost all work. Left foot decided to come out in sympathy, tendonitis in almost every part. Virtually immobile for three days.

Went to see GP - had blood test, got gout in left foot as well!

Anti-gout diet boring in the extreme, most of the nice foods good for my ailing ticker (whole grain bread, oily fish, seeds etc.) not good for gout, but had to get the uric acid levels down. Low fat milk positively beneficial for gout, but effect on my gut also excellent cure for the constipation caused by pain killers! About to try lactose free.

Left foot still not right ( :D) but only a minor limp left now, hurts a little more at night,
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

MariaEvri

Quotetendonitis

one of the few words that make me go hisss
i too suffered from that ad even after therapy i still have to be extremely careful X(
www.poseidonsimons.com

Velma

Quote from: MariaEvri on June 28, 2016, 12:05:18 PM
Quotetendonitis

one of the few words that make me go hisss
i too suffered from that ad even after therapy i still have to be extremely careful X(
About three years ago I developed tendinitis. At the time, I was working in the Controlled Substances Room at work, filling 500 + vials in a 10 hours shift. Opening all those manufacturer bottles caused tendinitis. It was weeks before I could work in that area again.

Bad Penny II

Browsing the guide

QuoteArnie's Greatest Ever Stunts
Tuesday 5th July at 9:30 pm (120 minutes)
Original action man Arnold Schwarzenegger counts down the world's most daring, jaw-dropping stunts, with clips and behind-the-scenes access with stunt professionals. Cons. Advice: Dangerous Behaviour

The world is fucked
Ye abandon all hope

It's the time of The Monster Truck!
It's all I ever hoped for
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Bad Penny II

QuoteGeorge Osborne has pledged to cut corporation tax to encourage businesses to continue investing in the UK following the EU referendum vote.

In an interview with the Financial Times, the chancellor said he would reduce the rate to below 15% - some 5% lower than its current 20% rate.

That would give the UK the lowest corporation tax of any major economy.

We'n all 'll lower our rates to match.
Soon we'll be paying 'em to fuck us.

There's a long list of us paying them
Take my advice, don't listen to me.