News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on April 06, 2016, 07:44:20 PM
Mags, I heard from the nuns who taught at my school that not casting spells, or practicing any form of witchcraft after 8pm is a good cure for insomnia.
Yes, I've heard that soooooo many times!  ::)
But that's not gonna happen--as long as Trump is running for president, I'll be up until 3:00 AM doing my thing, for as long as it takes.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2016, 07:26:02 PM
I'm glad you found a solution to your problem. I also go to bed when I feel tired, between 11:30 and 12:30. I've noticed it's 1:45 or  2:00 AM and I'm still awake.  :o Doctors will give me pills, but they make me feel horrible in the morning, so I don't take them--anymore. I've noticed that a glass of cold milk makes me sleepy.  :smilenod:
Yeah, there's no solution that works on everyone. I stopped trying pills, they either didn't work, kept me awake, or made me feel worse in the morning and throughout the day than not sleeping at all.

I have a few distinct tired feelings. Body tired is when my body is tired, like if I've been doing something all day, but that doesn't help me to sleep. I have brain tired where it's like my body tired, but my mind becomes slow and foggy and needs a rest, but that also doesn't help me sleep. Then I have a different feeling that I call sleep tired, because that is the feeling that lets me know when I am ready to go to sleep. That last one comes at random times throughout the night, but I ignore it when it's far too early. If I lay down when I'm not feeling the sleep tired, it rarely happens. I try to explain this to other people, but it seems like I'm the only one who seems to have that last one and most people can sleep when either their body or mind is tired.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

I've come to the conclusion that maybe I don't need that many hours of sleep, just a few is fine.  :shrug:
I understand about being "body tired" and "brain tired." There are times when my body is tired, but my mind is going like 90 mph., at midnight! That's the worst type of insomnia.  :yawn:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

If I was religious I would think that I've really pissed off some deity. I cannot seem to shake whatever illness that I caught and it's only been getting worse.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2016, 09:24:54 PM
I've come to the conclusion that maybe I don't need that many hours of sleep, just a few is fine.  :shrug:
I understand about being "body tired" and "brain tired." There are times when my body is tired, but my mind is going like 90 mph., at midnight! That's the worst type of insomnia.  :yawn:

Want immediate results do highly strenuous exercise an hour and a half before you intend to go to sleep (for about 30 mins (you should be failing to finish all exercise and it should challenge you), take a low dose of melatonin and an ice bath afterwards throw ice into a bath until almost all melted and get in, only do your lower half at first then submerge your torso, do for about 10 mins total. Once finished eat two tea spoons of almond butter on something like carrots or celery (this is for the morning). Now go get in bed in the half military crawl position. If you don't hall asleep after that then something must be wrong with you.

Want a long term solution do meditation but it isn't an overnight thing.
Retired member.

Velma

Mags, I heard from the nuns who taught at my school that not casting spells, or practicing any form of witchcraft after 8pm is a good cure for insomnia.
Pffft! Nuns know nothing about casting spells or practicing witchcraft. Spells work so much better when cast in the darkest hours of the day.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on April 07, 2016, 02:32:14 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 06, 2016, 09:24:54 PM

Want immediate results do highly strenuous exercise an hour and a half before you intend to go to sleep (for about 30 mins (you should be failing to finish all exercise and it should challenge you), take a low dose of melatonin and an ice bath afterwards throw ice into a bath until almost all melted and get in, only do your lower half at first then submerge your torso, do for about 10 mins total. Once finished eat two tea spoons of almond butter on something like carrots or celery (this is for the morning). Now go get in bed in the half military crawl position. If you don't hall asleep after that then something must be wrong with you.

Want a long term solution do meditation but it isn't an overnight thing.
Crow>:(
I'm an insomniac, not insane!

Magdalena

Quote from: Velma on April 07, 2016, 05:14:22 PM
Pffft! Nuns know nothing about casting spells or practicing witchcraft. Spells work so much better when cast in the darkest hours of the day.

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2016, 07:02:35 PM

It works, you wont wake up in the night and you will arise feeling boss.

Though if you aren't use to proper exercise be prepared not to be able to move for a few days.
Retired member.

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on April 07, 2016, 07:05:59 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2016, 07:02:35 PM

It works, you wont wake up in the night and you will arise feeling boss.

Though if you aren't use to proper exercise be prepared not to be able to move for a few days.
Is this what you do in the privacy of your room to control your wiggles?  :grin:

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2016, 07:23:22 PM
Is this what you do in the privacy of your room to control your wiggles?  :grin:

What's a "wiggles"?

I meditate every day so have no problems falling asleep, it helps me not engage with thoughts when my brain is in overdrive.

I actually do a lot of that any way but not every day, plyometric cardio circuit from the insanity workout once a week and strength twice a week, ice bath if I have muscle niggle. Almond butter before sleep every night so I wake up with energy. Don't need the melatonin, never even tried it myself.

Workout and ice bath will knock you out better than any drugs will. Workout will usually just make me tiered until I have properly refuelled ice bath regardless of exercise will make you sleep. With exercise you are going to drop like a log.
Retired member.

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on April 07, 2016, 07:51:05 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2016, 07:23:22 PM

What's a "wiggles"?

I meditate every day so have no problems falling asleep, it helps me not engage with thoughts when my brain is in overdrive.

I actually do a lot of that any way but not every day, plyometric cardio circuit from the insanity workout once a week and strength twice a week, ice bath if I have muscle niggle. Almond butter before sleep every night so I wake up with energy. Don't need the melatonin, never even tried it myself.

Workout and ice bath will knock you out better than any drugs will. Workout will usually just make me tiered until I have properly refuelled ice bath regardless of exercise will make you sleep. With exercise you are going to drop like a log.
I call being restless, "wiggles."
I'm glad you've found something that works for you. Like Davin said, "there's no solution that works on everyone." I'll find something that will work for me, but I don't think ice baths is something I would try, specially on days I have an asthma attack.  :sshocked:

Crow

Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2016, 08:17:40 PM
I'm glad you've found something that works for you. Like Davin said, "there's no solution that works on everyone." I'll find something that will work for me, but I don't think ice baths is something I would try, specially on days I have an asthma attack.  :sshocked:

I do know of another method but I'm not got going to share it. It does work quite well but it is seriously unhealthy even though many people would jump on it immediately rather than push them selves physically.
Retired member.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Velma on April 05, 2016, 08:59:58 AM
Quote from: Essie Mae on April 04, 2016, 09:31:44 PM
What sort of forum is it that has its members under such control that they can only say things which are in agreement with those who run it? It doesn't sound too healthy to me.  Do you get a lot of support from it in other ways Velma?
It's not that you have to agree with those who run it, you just can't judge the treatment choices others have made. I can understand that. RA is an terrible illness and the medications can have some awful side effects. However, when you have people forsaking proven medical treatments for quack remedies, it is difficult not to point that out. The forum staff is great about keeping those who promote and sell such treatments off the forum, but if someone decides to go that route you aren't supposed to criticize since it is their decision to make.

I do get support from it. Most people think RA is just a slightly worse form of the osteoarthritis (wear-and-tear arthritis) that most people get as they age. It helps to talk to others who understand and also struggle, not just with the pain, but with the fatigue, the brain fog, the affects on other systems in your body, the drug side effects, etc... I suppose putting up with those who choose woo over sound medicine are part of price of admission.

Yes,I can understand that as my mum was a a lifelong sufferer.  I count myself very lucky in the life I lead and I can well understand people wanting to try anything in their frustration that doctors are limited in the help thay can offer. I'm glad you get support from the site, because you're right, other people don't really have an accurate concept of the condition.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Magdalena

Quote from: Crow on April 07, 2016, 10:30:58 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 07, 2016, 08:17:40 PM

I do know of another method but I'm not got going to share it. It does work quite well but it is seriously unhealthy even though many people would jump on it immediately rather than push them selves physically.
Please share it.  :tellmemore:
I find your unhealthy ways to fight insomnia fascinating.  ;D

I've been thinking about your ice bath suggestion--all afternoon-- :felix:
...If a witch won't burn or drown...
...Are you just trying to find out if I, I mean, a witch would freeze?  :???: