News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 12, 2016, 06:45:35 PM
Did the "PC is rip shit fucking pissed" thread ever actually happen?

Because PC is rip shit fucking pissed.

That's really sad PC, and I hope they throw the book at this guy. People drinking and operating boats, and snow machines is fucking messed up.
Here in Michigan they are finally starting to treat this the same as if they are in an automobile.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

Me too PC. I am rip fucking pissed right along with you and a million other dog lovers and compassionate people. I am teary eyed right now.

Mr. King was certainly a stoic that I envy for his composure. Had it been me, and my team, I'd have certainly, seriously, maliciously,  contemplated killing the miserable drunken bastard.

Pasta Chick

The person has turned himself in, which some people are applauding, but I'm pretty sure it's because he's safer in jail.

Many people are asking why no one shot him. He was trying to kill. Maybe moving too fast and erratically from what I've heard.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 13, 2016, 05:48:13 PM
The person has turned himself in, which some people are applauding, but I'm pretty sure it's because he's safer in jail.

Many people are asking why no one shot him. He was trying to kill. Maybe moving too fast and erratically from what I've heard.

Yes I read that he had turned himself in, and was taking full responsibility for being drunk, which some folks are complimenting him for, but it doesn't erase the fact that his actions seem to have targeted the dogs and sled intentionally, the liquor only embolden him.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Grumpy insomniac coming through.

:sigh:
Holy crap, PC! :shocked: 
I get the feeling that he wanted his 15 mins of fame, even if this made him infamous. Either way, that guy belongs in jail if he acts on murderous feelings while under the influence of alcohol. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Drove all the way up to school to find that my 9:30am class was cancelled last minute and my next class isn't until 1pm.

I could be home sleeping.  >:( >:( >:(

Edit- the back of the Mini Cooper is a surprisingly comfortable napping spot
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Firebird

It's 4 am and I'm too wired to sleep. Our smoke/carbon monoxide alarm went off three hours ago. We got out, called the fire department hoping it was a false alarm. Nope, CO detected in our basement. They shut off our hvac and hot water heater since they weren't sure which one was the culprit, and it took a while to air out the place. Fortunately everyone's ok and we have great neighbors who gave us their couches to sleep on, but I'm too awake. And tomorrow I get to find out how much money I have to throw at whatever broke. Fun times. Still could have been worse.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

OldGit

We ordered a Chinese takeaway and drove the short distance to the place - they had never heard of our order.  Mrs Git noticed that the menu leaflet didn't look like the one we had ordered from; back home we went and found we had used a leaflet from a different takeaway, which had come with the local newspaper.  Off we went to this other place, using the satnav as we'd never been near that part of town.  Towards the end we found the traffic system had recently been changed and the satnav was trying to send us the wrong way down a one-way street.  We parked and phoned the takeaway, which it turned out was just round the corner.

However they were very pleasant and the food was still hot.  It was a good meal at a fair price, but we won't be going there again because it is four miles.

Buddy

Four miles? That's considered really close here haha. The nearest Chinese place is about ten miles from my house.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Firebird on March 16, 2016, 08:09:39 AM
It's 4 am and I'm too wired to sleep. Our smoke/carbon monoxide alarm went off three hours ago. We got out, called the fire department hoping it was a false alarm. Nope, CO detected in our basement. They shut off our hvac and hot water heater since they weren't sure which one was the culprit, and it took a while to air out the place. Fortunately everyone's ok and we have great neighbors who gave us their couches to sleep on, but I'm too awake. And tomorrow I get to find out how much money I have to throw at whatever broke. Fun times. Still could have been worse.
Scary.  :(
That is true, it could've been worse. It's good to know you and your family are fine and that you have good neighbors who gave you a place to sleep.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Firebird

Quote from: Magdalena on March 16, 2016, 01:29:23 PM
Quote from: Firebird on March 16, 2016, 08:09:39 AM
Scary.  :(
That is true, it could've been worse. It's good to know you and your family are fine and that you have good neighbors who gave you a place to sleep.

Have someone checking it now, and we're getting no CO readings from the furnace or hot water heater now, which is scary. Really want to know what's at fault here
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Essie Mae

Good grief Firebird! Thank technology that you're still here.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Firebird

Guy just left...no CO detected while the furnace and hot water heater were both running at full blast. So now we have to figure out what to do, since clearly there's still a problem that isn't showing up automatically. Might  have to just replace both since one of them is the culprit and we don't want to fuck around. They're both 8 years old, so they're not too far off from expected lifetime, but that's still some serious dough.
Oh, and in the meantime, gas is turned off to both. And temperatures are going below freezing in a couple of days.  Can I get multiple grumpiness points here?  >:(

Recusant

Quote from: Firebird on March 16, 2016, 02:54:16 PMHave someone checking it now, and we're getting no CO readings from the furnace or hot water heater now, which is scary. Really want to know what's at fault here

QuoteFor example, simply closing the door to a boiler room where gas fired equipment is operating can cause sudden production of CO gas if there is insufficient combustion air when the door is closed. Yet when someone opens the door to inspect the area, more combustion air is provided. CO production may stop.

[source]

I hope this gets sorted out soon, and that it doesn't cost you too much!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

OldGit

Nasty, Firebird - you can't ignore a CO alarm, so it sounds expensive all right.  Is it not possible to find out which which one is doing it?